Gongchan [2/5]

Beneath the Summer Sky

Gongchan version
Part 2

 

Beneath the Summer Sky, I Wish
 


He only silently nodded his head, understanding that I was going to explode the second he would ask me that question again.

I looked away from him in slight irritation and continued biting my nails. I was getting more and more anxious as I heard the soft ticks of the clock down the hallway. The doctor still hadn’t come out of his room yet.

Was it that serious? Gongchan, you’re going to be okay right? Gongchan, please be okay…

By now I was pretty sure I was having a slight mini heart attack just by thinking about all the possible outcomes of Gongchan’s condition, the good and the bad…mostly the bad.

“Hey, Minyoung-ah. Minyoung. MINYOUNG!” Jinyoung grabbed a hold of my shoulders, making me face him by shaking me a little, “Hey…hey, it’s going to be alright, Minyoung.”

I realized that he stopped me from rocking back and forth on the chair. I momentarily stopped biting my nails to look straight into his eyes. I slowly nodded then hung my head down. His hands were still placed on my shoulders. He then rubbed them comfortingly and sat beside me.

When the warmth of his hands left my shoulders, I began to panic again as I thought of Gongchan, “W-what if…what if he…”

“Hey.” He lightly flicked the side of my head with his index finger, “Don’t think like that. Gongchan is strong, he’ll be just fine.”

I glared at him for hitting me, but then my eyes softened as his words lingered in my mind,
“Y-yea, he’ll be just fine…” I continued mumbling that quietly to myself for reassurance, hoping that those words were true.

I can feel Jinyoung’s intense stare as I looked at the pearl white floors. He was probably worried that I was going to have another panic attack again. I tried calming my pounding heart by taking slow deep breaths.

Think positively, Minyoung. Yea, think of happy thoughts. Think about what makes you happy…like…like, Gongchan…like how he blushes when he’s embarrassed, how he’s always so kind to everyone, how his laughter makes everything bad go away, how his lips curve up into that beautiful smile of his, how…how all those will be gone if he doesn’t make it, but…but that’s not possible…

I started my bad habit of biting my nails once again. Jinyoung leaned a bit forward placing his hand on my shoulder again with a worried expression, but I ignored him as I drained deeper in my thoughts.


“Minyoung…?”


It was nothing serious…


“Minyoung…?”


It was just a small infection in his kidney…


“Minyoung.”


Nothing small like that would take Gongchan away from me. No, no, it would not…It… It would be over soon and he would be alright.


“…Minyoung…you like Gongchan, don’t you…?”


I slightly nodded to myself. Yes…yes he’ll be alright and yes I like Gongchan…w-wait

My eyes widened as I finally realized that I unconsciously answered Jinyoung’s question in the middle of my thoughts. I quickly faced him with my eyes still open wide.

“B-bwoh? Uh, n-no, no I don’t like Gongchan!”

His eyes were slightly off as he smirked, “Of course you do.” He quietly whispered.

I was about to say something back at him, but the door to Gongchan’s room opened. I immediately stood up looking directly at the doctor. My heart was pounding again as he closed the door and faced me. Jinyoung slowly stood up next to me.

The doctor cleared his throat and directed his gaze briefly at Jinyoung then to me.

“Minyoung-ah?” He said.

“Y-yes, that’s me.”

“Gongchan, would like to see you.”


And here is part 2! dububrit-on wanted to apologize to all the readers for taking so long, but I think she did a great job, and worth the wait! Also, I would like to say that it does not matter if you take a little longer to write your part! It seems people feel bad about it, but it's okay! :D

So here is part 2! Also,, for those following Jinyoung's story, the writer found her part again, so it should be send to me soon! :D

Until next time!