Jinyoung [4/5]

Beneath the Summer Sky

Part 4


He looked at me suspiciously, waiting for me to make a slip out of my evident nervousness, but when I stared back at him confidently, he dropped it. We walked by the seashore that evening, talking about nothing and everything. It had been long since we met, so I could identify the slight guilt behind his voice that was telling me about the new compositions he made and how eager he was to play them for me. However, my forgiveness for his periodic ignorance was just as invisible, but he understood it in the way I held his hands. He was my best friend after all.

 

“…and I didn’t even sleep for those two days straight!” he exclaimed, laughing heartily, his arm brushing against mine. It was not awkward, and I looked up at his face as he talked and talked, his red hair gently flowing with the breeze across his forehead. I nodded and ‘mmed’ at the right places, not really listening to him as I observed his kind, gentle features. His little pair of eyes and his small content smile, while his lips framed the words he was speaking, his clean, white teeth peeking in between. Drinking him in like this, my heart all of a sudden became too full and I realized my eyes were getting clouded while my vision became hazy. I clutched my heart and recognized the feeling that was occupying every fiber of my being. Love. Love for the boy who was worriedly shaking my shoulder, stunned at my abrupt tears. Accompanied with fear. Fear because I knew what his reaction would be when he found out that I was perhaps not the kind of creature he expected me to be. And I knew, sooner or later, that he needed to know the truth. And the truth, only from my mouth.

 

“What’s wrong, Inyeon-ah? Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?” His worried eyes bore into mine as he grasped my shoulder firmly, demanding an answer. I gulped.

 

I only sobbed, surprising both of us with my unexpected behavior, while looking directly into his eyes, imagining the repulse that would replace the worry that lined the rims of his eyes. All of a sudden, I felt his embrace around me as I cried against his neck. He cradled my head and sweetly whispered in my ear “Don’t keep me away from you anymore, Yeonie. I can’t live without you. I love you.”

 

Before the impact of his words could hit me, I felt his warm cheeks getting wet on contact with mine and my sobs stopped as he pressed his lips against mine. My breath caught in my throat as he pulled me closer, his hands around my neck. I felt the fullness of his lips, which I used to frequently imagine, melt into mine.

 

He pulled away slowly, his eyes boring into mine as he kissed my tear tracks, my eyes, my nose and smiled with his forehead against mine.

 

“I love you” he said again as he looked at me expectantly. Jinyoung was too ethereal for a being like me. I couldn’t possibly be with him. My only home was supposed to be the sea and in my head, I could hear Mamer’s echoing voice, “Loving a human is the most foolish thing, Inyeon. They will always leave you in the end.” My heart clenched, imagining Jinyoung’s retreating figure. “They would never sympathize with our kind. They are selfish.” And all I could think of was his touch that was still lingering on my senses. His kisses, his worry and his nose brushing against mine. “They would ridicule your reality and laugh at your affections. You would disgust them.” And all I could see was his expectant eyes and his tightening grip on my shoulders.

 

I clasped his hands that were earlier gripping my shoulders, looked straight into his eyes and with more confidence than I felt, I said,

 

“Jinyoung, I’m not a human.”


And here's part 4 of Jinyoung's story! The writer (eunmi_18) did a great job, not? :DIt seems this story is nearing its end~ Who's curious as to how this will end? :D Keke XD
Well then, until next time!