Chapter 9: Why Couldn’t Those Idiots Tell Me Their Plan Sooner?

I Just Can't Let You Go

            Lizzie was already nearing the 28th week of pregnancy.  I was watching her sleep beside me at the dorm with my hand lying on her belly.  She slept so restlessly unless I was in the bed beside her at night.  I thought it was nice because it made me feel like I was actually helping and felt needed by her.

            I felt Hana stir and rubbed Li’s swollen belly softly, talking to our daughter.  “Are you awake now, too, Hana?”  I smiled when she gave a soft kick right to the palm of my hand.

            “I’m awake, too, pabo,” Li murmured.

            I leaned down and pecked her lips.  “Morning baby.”

            She opened her eyes and touched my face, smiling at me.  “Good morning Eli.”  She scrunched up her nose.  “Your hair is damp.”

            “I know that, silly.”  I put my hand over hers and kissed her palm.  I moved again and kissed her belly.  “Good morning to you, too, Baby Kim.”

            Li closed her eyes, sighing softly.

            “You alright baby?”

            “I will be in a second.”  She pulled herself up into an upright position and slipped her glasses on.  “My hair is all screwed up.”

            I shook my head, smiling.  “Baby, you look fine.”

            “Oh be quiet you.”  She got up and went into the bathroom, taking a shower.  When she came out, she was dressed in jeans and a brown shirt with green and white flowers everywhere.

            “My baby is so pretty.

            “You’re just crazy, Eli.”  She picked up the bag from her side and ped it.

            “Need some help?”

            “Only if I need a dose today.”

            There was a knock on the door.

            “Eli hyung, Lizzie, wake up!  Breakfast is almost here.

            “We’re awake already Dongho!  We’ll be out in a second!”  I looked at Lizzie when she sighed.  “What’s wrong baby?”

            “Give me the shot,” she murmured.

            I pulled her to where she’d sit between my legs and kissed her cheek.  “It’ll be alright.”

            Her side leaned against me while her arms were around my neck.

            I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her temple.  “It won’t hurt.  I promise.”

            “But it always hurts.”

            I took the syringe and filled it.  “Baby, it’ll be fine.”  I kissed her softly.  “Trust me?”

            She nodded and leaned her face into my neck.

            I carefully put the needle through and pushed the plunger down.  I pulled the syringe out and put it in the bag to dispose of it.  I took one of the band-aids out of the bag and put it over the mark.  My arms went around the woman holding onto me.  “You alright baby?”

            She nodded, sighing.

            I stood up and scooped her up into my arms.  I kissed her cheek and carried her out of my room, setting her down in the hall.

            Li pouted.  “Oppa, I told you to stop doing that.  You’ll hurt your back even more.”

            I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and kissed her temple.  “Baby, don’t worry.”

            “But you know I can’t help to.”  She hugged my waist while we walked.

            “You could if you wanted to baby.”

            We walked into the living room and sat on the free couch.

            Hoon walked in with AJ.  “Morning everyone.

            Li smiled.  “Morning Hoonie Oppa, morning AJ.

            AJ smiled back.  “Good morning Lizzie.  Morning Eli hyung.

            “Morning guys.”  I rubbed Li’s belly.

            “What did Dongho mean by breakfast almost being here?”  She leaned her head against my shoulder.

            “Kiseop went with Soohyun hyung to grab breakfast.”  AJ sat on the other side of the couch by Lizzie.  “Li, are you feeling alright?”

            “Yeah, why?”

            “You’re just really pale.”  He put his hand against her forehead and cheeks.  “Did you get your insulin?”

            “I just got the dose.”  She uncovered the bandaged part of her arm.

            I felt her face.  “Do you feel cold or anything baby?”

            “A little warm, actually.”

            I ped her hoodie.  “Is that better?”

            “Mm-hmm,” she closed her eyes.

            I her hair, running my fingers through it.  “My baby tired?”

            She put her hand over mine, pulling my hand away.  “Stop Eli.”

            I kissed her forehead.  “I’m sorry baby girl.”

            She sighed.  “It’s alright.”  She set her hand on mine that rested on my leg.

            I smiled and flipped my hand so I could clasp our fingers.  “Your ring is sparkling in the light baby.”

            She smiled and kissed my cheek.  “You did good picking it out baby.”

            “Is my sister still bugging you about being your maid-of-honor?”

            “No, she’s not.  I finally told her how I had the wedding planned out from the beginning.”

            “I bet she was excited.”

            “She freaked out worse than Kevin when he first felt Hana move.”

            “I did not freak out.”

            We looked behind us, seeing Kevin walking in with major bed head.

            Li grinned.  “Whatever.  You so freaked out.  Just ask Kiseop when he gets back.”

            “Oh hush Lizzie.”  He messed with her hair.  “Nice bed head, by the way.”

            “No one asked you, mermaid.  Besides, yours looks worse.”

            “Yah!  We’re back!”  Soohyun called from the entrance.

            “I’ll go see if they need help.”  AJ got up, and Kevin followed.

            I pulled Lizzie into my side.  “Kevin’s just mad you said he has bed head.

            “He’ll get over it.”  She pulled out her phone.  “Oh, it’s my brother.”  She put the phone on speaker.  “Neh Oppa?

            “Hey Lizzie.  How have you been?

            “I’m great Oppa.

            “Is that fiancé of yours treating you right?

            Li kissed my cheek.  “He treats me perfectly Oppa.”  She laid her head against my shoulder.  “Besides, like I’ve said, I could’ve picked Changjo Oppa to date.

            Chunji gasped.  “Take that back.  Take that back right now!

            “Why should I?

            “Because just the thought of you and any member of Teen Top being together fills me with so much discomfort…

            “I’m not going to take it back.  I sincerely thought about it when L. Joe Oppa asked me out.

            “Baby!”  I whimpered like a puppy to her.

            She hugged my neck with her free arm.  “Appa, calm down.  Eli, my heart lies with you and only you.  It would’ve been short term dating anyways.”

            I pressed my lips to hers.  “I love you, baby.”

            “I love you, too.”

            “Yah, I’m telling L.Joe you said that!

            “I told him that when I declined his offer, idiot.  We have to go.  Bye Oppa!  I love you!”  She hung up on him and leaned back into the couch, sighing.  “He’s driving me crazy, Eli.”

            I kissed her forehead.  “I know baby girl.”

            She sighed and pulled off her hoodie.  “I wish I had freedom…”

            “You don’t like staying with me?”

            “It’s not that, Eli.  Just the fact that it’s mandatory that I have a ‘guardian’ to ‘watch after me 24/7’ is annoying as hell.  I’m a grown woman.  Why do I need to have a guardian in the first place?  It’s not fair!”

            I chuckled.

            “You’re chuckling?  This isn’t a laughing matter Eli!”

            “I can’t help it,” I said, still chuckling.  “You’re just so damn cute when you’re frustrated.”

            A blush rose to her cheeks, even though she folded her arms and pouted.

            “Aww baby, you’re so adorable.”  I bent my head and nuzzled her neck.  “Come on, smile for me.”

            She started giggling.  “Eli, quit…”

            “Why?”  I blew cool air onto her neck.

            “Eli, stop torturing me like this.”  She stood up and rubbed her neck.  “Jesus…”  Lizzie looked down at me.  “You have got to stop.  No wonder I keep getting chewed out at the doctor for having such high anxiety.  Now come on.”

            I took her hand, pressing my lips into her cool palm.  “Your hands feel cool.  Are you cold now?”

            “No, I’m alright honey.”

            I squeezed her hand softly.  “I love you, Lizzie.”

            She smiled as we walked towards the kitchen.  “I love you, too, Eli.  Oh!”

            “What is it?  Is it Hana?”

            Li laughed softly.  “Mm-hmm, it’s Hana.  This little girl gives me so many surprises, and she’s not even out in the world.  Eomma loves you, Hana.

            “Appa loves you, too.”  I rubbed her belly softly.  “So, what did she do?”  I let Li walk through the doorway connecting the living room to the kitchen first.

            “Morning Oppas.”  She hugged Kiseop from behind, snuggling her face into his back.  “Kiseoppie Oppa, I love you.

            He turned and hugged her back.  “I love you, too, Lizzie.

            Some of the guys went into the living room with their breakfast to watch tv.  Kevin, Kiseop, Hoon, Lizzie, and I stayed in the kitchen/dining room.

            Kiseop was holding a cup away from Lizzie with one arm around her.  “Did you get your medicine?

            “Yes.  Kiseoppie…give me the cup now.

            “Promise me?

            “Yes, yes, now give me.”  She turned her version of aegyo on him.

            “Ok, ok, here you go baby.”  He held the straw for her while she drank.

            “I want the cup.  Just give me the cup,” she said after swallowing her mouthful of juice.

            “You’re going to sit down with it, right?

            “Yes.  Oppa, just give me,” she whined.

            He let her take the cup from him.  “Now go sit down.

            She sat at the table and supported her head with both hands on her cheeks while she drank.

            I smiled at her.  “Baby, you are so cute.”

            “Don’t talk with your mouth full of donut, crazy pigeon.”

            I swallowed my food and sat down, messing with my fiancée.

            “Eli, stop it.”  She sat up straight.

            “Why baby?”

            “I said so.”  She pouted.

            “Aww, why is my baby pouting?  Hmm?  Tell me.”

            “Shut up Eli.”

            “Baby,” I laid my head on her arm.

            She pinched my nose.  “Pigeon, you’re crazy.”

            I smiled.  “Crazy for you, baby.”

            She giggled and kissed my lips after letting her hold go.  “You sound so silly.  I love you, Eli.”

            “I love you, too.”  I wrapped my arms around her, massaging her side.  “You aren’t in any Lamaze class or anything, are you?”

            “They don’t start for two weeks.”

            “Well it’s a good thing you told me baby.”

            “Don’t you start, Eli.  I’ve already had five.  The other couple of classes are just the ending ones.”

            “You should make him go through the other ones with you.”

            “Wait, how does Kevin know about them?”  I looked to the younger guy.  “Were you her Lamaze partner?”

            “Kiseop hyung and I both were.”

            “I did what?

            “We were both with Lizzie when she was doing her Lamaze classes.

            “Oh, yeah, Kevin and I both did them with her.”  Kiseop sat beside Lizzie on the other side.  “Don’t you still have a couple classes left?

            She nodded.  “Yeah, but I figure Eli should be with me to see.

            He nodded.  “He really should.

            Li got up.  “I’ll be back.”  She left the kitchen through the door that led into the hallway.

            Kevin and Kiseop shared a look with each other.

            “What is it, now?  Huh?  Spit it out hyung.”  I looked at Kiseop.

            “Kevin and I have talked to a few other people, and we think we should have a baby shower for Lizzie.  Even Jung Eunji said that she and many of Lizzie’s girlfriends want to do it for her.  What do you think, dongsaeng?

            “I think it’s a great idea.  But we should have it soon, shouldn’t we?

            “It’ll be the weekend after next.  We’re still getting some stuff ready.

            “You guys should’ve told me sooner!

            “We didn’t want you to slip and ask Li about it, hyung.”  Kevin sat on the other side of the table.  “The less you knew, the easier it would be to keep you from accidentally slipping up.

            “As if I do that so much.

            “Sure hyung.  Remember the birthday party for her?

            “You’re never going to let me forget that.  Besides, that was not my fault.

            Li walked back in and walked back over to the table.

            I pulled her down onto my lap.  “You remember that birthday party that was supposed to be a surprise for you, baby?

            “Which one?  The one I got out of you?  Of course I remember that one.

            I looked at Kevin.  “I told you it wasn’t my fault.

            Li wrapped her arms around my neck.  “It’s partially your fault.  You were the one who said, ‘baby, I know something that you don’t know.  I can’t tell you it, either.’  That sounds like your fault to me.

            I pouted.  “Whose side are you on?

            “Who has been with me through this pregnancy since the beginning?

            “That’s not fair.

            “It’s completely fair.  You should’ve heard what Hyukkie said about you when we first broke up.

            “Yah, what did he say?

            “He said that if he had been you, he never would’ve let me leave the dorm.

            “What does he know?” I mumbled.

            She laid her head on my shoulder.  “Baby…

            “Hmm?”

            Her lips pressed against my cheek.  “I love you.

            I smiled and kissed her forehead.  “I love you, too.”  I felt a buzz against my side.  “Baby, I think your phone’s going off.”

            She took it out of her pocket.  “I gotta take this.”  She slid her finger across the screen and put it up to her ear.  “Hello?”  She listened.  “No, I’m not.  Why?

            “What happened?

            “How did they do that?

            “Ok, I’ll be there soon.  Don’t start worrying, ok?

            “I love you, too.  Bye.”  She sighed and put her phone in her pocket.  “Can you drive me somewhere?”

            “Sure baby.”

            “Thanks.”  She stood up and left the kitchen again.

            Kiseop looked at me.  “What was that all about?

            “Your guess is as good as mine, hyung.”  I got up.  “I’m going to go see.  I guess we’ll be back later.

            “Hey, take the cup with you.

            I picked up Lizzie’s cup and went to my room, seeing her sitting on the spare bed. 

            She stared down at a picture she held in her hands.

            I sat beside her, wrapping my free arm around her shoulders.  “You alright?”

            “I don’t know.”

            I looked at the picture she held.  It showed her and Eunhyuk together.  “What happened?”

            “An accident…”

            “A car accident?”

            “No,” her voice sounded thick.

            I looked at her, seeing the tears that were making their way down her face.  I set the cup down and took the picture gently, setting it aside as well.  My arms fully wrapped around her.

            She wrapped her arms around me and started to sob.  “It-sounds-so bad-for him.  E-li, I-can’t-lose him.  Not like this.”

            I comforted her.  “Shh, baby, it’ll be ok.  I promise.”  I held her as close as I could.

            She pulled back once she stopped crying.  “It doesn’t help that I remember when you were in the hospital.”

            I set my hand on her belly.  “It won’t be the last time I’ll be at a hospital, baby.”

            She smiled slightly, laying her hand over mine.  “It won’t be mine, either.”

            I stood up and helped her onto her feet.  I handed her the cup.  “Kiseop made me bring it for you.”

            “I’ll need it.  Hana keeps kicking me in the same spot.”

            I rubbed her belly.  “You alright?”

            “Yeah, I’m fine.”

            “Let’s go.  What hospital is he at?”

            “They’re at the same hospital I go to.”

            “They?”

            “Hae got hurt, too.  He didn’t get hurt as badly as Hyuk did, though.”

            I grabbed my keys and phone.  “Let’s go baby.”  I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the room.

            We went down to the parking lot and got in my car.  The drive to the hospital was mostly silent, except a few things spoken here and there between us.

            I opened Li’s door and closed it after her.

            She grabbed my arm and squeezed it lightly.

            I smiled.  “Come on Li-Li.”

            Lizzie smiled.  “You haven’t called me that in forever.”

            I kissed her forehead.  “I know.”

            We went up to where Eunhyuk was.  Li saw some of the Super Junior members before I did and went to Henry, hugging him.

            “Are they ok?”  She looked up at him.

            “Li, you should’ve stayed home or wherever you were.  They’re going to be fine.”

            “Henry, you know I couldn’t just stay.  Hyuk’s still my best friend.  Are they in the same room?”

            “Yeah.  You can go in.”

            She sighed.  “Ok.”  Li looked at me.  “Eli,” she held out her hand.

            I took it.  “It’ll be alright.”

            She smiled sadly.  “I can’t go in there without you anyways, babe.”  My fiancée pulled me to the hospital room the two guys were in.  She went to sit by Eunhyuk and let out a sob.  “Hyuk Oppa, I wish this didn’t happen to you.”  She took his hand into both of hers and laid her head down on his stomach.

            Hyuk moved his hand and set it on her head.  “You shouldn’t have come, Li.

            “Don’t you tell me I should’ve stayed home, Oppa.  You’re hurt.

            “I’m going to be fine, Lizzie.”  He opened his eyes and looked at her, moving his hand to lie against her face.  “You need to rest.

            “Hyukkie…”  She hugged his neck when he sat up.

            He smiled and hugged her back.  “Shh, Oppa’s going to be ok.”  He kissed her cheek and whispered something to her.

            She nodded and pulled back, sniffling.

            Hyuk smiled.  “That’s my girl.”  He used his thumbs to wipe away her tears and kissed her forehead.  “Everything will be ok, Li.  I promise.

            She looked over at Donghae, who was peacefully sleeping.  “He didn’t get as badly hurt.

            “He just got a big bump on his head, but they brought him in anyways just in case.

            Li pressed her lips to his forehead.  “Does it hurt?

            “Not too much,” he said.  “Which one of them called you?

            “Henry did.

            “Well you need to go back home and get some rest.  You shouldn’t be worrying about me.  I’m more than fine.  Yah Eli, take your woman home and make her rest.  I’ll beat your if you don’t.

            My fiancée pouted.  “Yah Hyukkie Oppa, don’t talk to my future husband like that.”  She stood up and went to Donghae, kissing his cheek.  “I love you, Donghae.”

            “I love you, too,” he murmured, obviously still half asleep.

            “Feel better.”  She took my hand.  “I think you’d better listen to Oppa.  I don’t think he would lie about something so serious.

            I squeezed her hand.  “Let’s get back, then.  We can lie in my bed and watch tv all day.”

            She smiled.  “Let’s go, Appa.

            “Bye hyungs.  Get better soon!

            “Just so I can kick your with Hyuk,” Donghae said sleepily, his eyes still closed.

            “Gee thanks, hyung.

            Lizzie smiled and pulled me out of the room, saying bye to the others as we passed.  “Oh thank god…”

            I wrapped my arm around her waist.  “Happy?”

            “Yeah.  Now let’s not go back to the dorm.  I feel so crowded today.”

            “Where do you wanna go, baby?”

            “Let’s go to the store first and then go home.  I need to pick up some things.”

            “Where specifically?”

            “The one close to my house.”

            “You’re thinking American food today, huh?”

            “You know me too well, Eli.”

            I smiled.  “I love the way you say my name.  No one else accents it like that.”

            “It’s my way of saying Eli.”

            We got into the elevator and went to the store close to Lizzie’s house.  I brought the bags in when we got to her place.

            “You don’t let me do anything.”

            “That’s because I’m your man.  I got it baby.”  I kissed her after I put everything up.

            “Mm, I love you.”

            “I love you, too.”  I kissed my palm and laid it on her belly.  “And I most certainly love you, too.”

            Lizzie went over to the speaker system and hooked her phone up to it, playing music through the speakers.

            “Hey-yo here I am, and here we go, life’s waiting to begin…

            She smiled and looked out the window near her.

            I stood behind my fiancée and wrapped my arms around her, both my hands lying against her belly.  “Where are you?  And I’m so sorry.  I cannot sleep, I cannot dream tonight.”

            Li leaned back into my arms, smiling.  “I never heard a bad song my brother recommended.  He knew me so well.”  She picked up her phone and switched songs.

            “You have my solo of Mad by Ne-Yo?”

            “I love hearing you sing it baby.”

            I picked her up and smiled when she wrapped her legs around my waist.  “She's starin' at me I'm sittin' wonderin' what she's thinkin' Nobody's talkin' 'cause talkin' just turns into screamin' And now it’s I'm yellin' over her, she yellin' over me All that that means is neither of us is listening.

            “And what's even worse That we don't even remember why we’re fighting So both of us are mad for…

            “Nothing, fighting for Nothin', crying for Nothing, whoa…

            “But we won’t let it go for Nothing, no not for Nothing, this should be Nothing to a love like what we got…

            “Oh baby, I know sometimes it's gonna rain But baby, can we make up now? 'Cause I can't sleep through the pain Can't sleep through the pain…

            “Girl, I don't wanna go to bed mad at you And I don't want you to go to bed mad at me Oh no no no…”

            Li laid her head on my shoulder.  “Baby, you need to sing more.  I love when you sing.”

            I kissed her forehead.  “Only for you, I will.”

            “Put me down, Eli.”

            “Maybe I don’t want to.”

            “Please?”

            I set her on the counter, laying my head on her belly.  “Hey Hana, are you sleeping in Mommy’s tummy?”

            Lizzie ran her fingers through my hair.  “She is, actually.”

            I wrapped my arms around her waist and set my forehead against my fiancée’s.  “Guess what?”

            She wrapped her arms around my neck.  “What?”

            I smiled.  “I love you, Li-Li.”

            “I love you, too, Pigeon.  Oh yeah, do you want to see what happened at the hospital yesterday?”

            “Sure baby.”

            “Come on.”  She took my hand and pulled me into the living room.  Lizzie put a disk in the dvd player and set beside me on the couch, playing the dvd.  “We finally got to do the 3D ultrasound.”

            I smiled when I saw the ultrasound.  “She’s got my nose.”

            “I know she does.”

            I set my hand on her belly while we watched the screen.  “Look at her moving.”

            “That’s not even the best part.”

            On the screen, it showed my child opening her eyes.

            “Wow…”

            “It’s amazing, isn’t it Eli?”

            I kissed Lizzie.  “It’s incredible.  I love both of you so much.”

            She smiled and touched my face.  “We love you, too, Daddy.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 (3D ultrasounds are so amazing to look at.)


Double updates...ALWAYS GREAT!!!!!
Even better...as soon as I get Chapter 10 written, Chapters 10-12 will be immediately updated!
Yayyyyyy! ^.^
I may get a quintuple update! WOOT!
*1-22-13 I forgot the 3D ultrasound pic at first, so I just added it in.