Chapter 7: Distance…/Is This When I Tell Him?

I Just Can't Let You Go

            What was wrong with her in the first place?  What has she been doing since we’ve split up?  Is she being stupid and reckless?

            I sighed, pulling into a familiar driveway.  I got out of the car and went to the door.  I rang the bell and waited.

            A girl a few years younger than Lizzie opened the door.  She smiled and hugged me.  “Oppa, you know you don’t have to ring the bell!”  She pulled me in.  “Umma!  Appa!  Eli’s here!”  My sister dragged me through the house.

            Umma smiled and stood up from the couch first.  She embraced me tightly, giving a hug only a mother could.

            I smiled and hugged her back.  “Hi Mom.”

            She held my face in her hands.  “Hello my wonderful baby boy.”

            “Gee Mom, you know how to make a guy blush.”  I went to hug my father.

            “Glad I’m not the only guy in this family who thinks that, too.”

            I grinned.  “Nah, you’re not alone.”  I sat down when my mother convinced me to.  “I don’t want to stay too long.”

            “What’s on your mind, Eli?”

            I clasped my hands between my knees and looked at my parents.  “I have a favor to ask of you guys…”

 

            Kevin and Kiseop dragged me into their room.  Around the third month Eli and I had been together, Kiseop and Dongho switched bedrooms since they wanted to be with the other’s roommate.

            “Why do I have to stay here?

            “You need to have someone with you, Lizzie.  You heard what the doctor said.

            “Why couldn’t Oppa have just stayed with me at my house?

            “Because baby, he’s a busy person.  You know that.

            “It doesn’t mean he couldn’t be with me when he’s not busy.”  I pouted.

            Kiseop sat beside me and pulled me onto his lap.  “Relax Lizzie, it’ll be ok.  You still have me and Kevin.  Besides, Dr. Park did say you needed to be with someone 24/7 for the next couple of weeks.

            “It’s not fair.

            “Life isn’t fair.”  Kevin my hair back.  “Besides, now you get to hang out with us.

            I smiled.  “True.”  I hugged Kiseop’s neck and kissed his cheek.  “I love you, Kiseoppie Oppa.

            He smiled and squeezed me.  “I love you, too, Li.

            I looked at Kevin.  “I love you Kivvy.”  I made a heart with my hands.

            He smiled back.  “I love you, too.”

            I stood up and moved to sit in the corner in the big chair of Kevin’s.  “I need to redo my nails.  They look bad.”

            Kevin sat in front of me and looked at my nails.  “They don’t look that bad.  There’s just a chip in your clear polish.”

            “That’s what I meant by bad.”  I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen.  “Yah, it’s Oppa again…”  I answered the call.  “Oppa, you don’t have to keep calling me.

            “It’s me, not Chunji hyung.

            I smiled.  “Hi Byunghyun Oppa.

            “How are you doing Lizzie?  Hyung told us you had to go to the hospital?

            “I’m fine now.  Don’t worry about me.  Yah Oppa, why do you have Oppa’s phone?

            “I stole it from hyung because he was mean to me.

            I giggled.  “What did Oppa do this time?

            “He’s being a mean hyung like always!

            “But what did he specifically do?

            “YAH LEE BYUNGHYUN!  WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING WITH MY PHONE?  AND WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?!

            I covered my mouth and started laughing.  I almost dropped the phone and contained my laughter.

            “YOU CALLED MY SISTER?!

            I could tell Oppa had gotten his phone back.

            “Hey baby, how are you feeling?

            “My belly and sides hurt from laughing at you, Oppa.

            “Ah…you heard all of that?

            “Neh Oppa.  It was funny, though.

            “Are you staying warm?

            I rolled my eyes.  “Yes Oppa.

            He cleared his throat.  “Are you home?

            “No.  Kevin and Kiseoppie Oppa are forcing me to stay with them for a couple of weeks.  Dr. Park said someone has to be with me 24/7 for the next two and a half weeks or until he’s sure I’ll be ok.

            “Why didn’t they let you go home so I could be with you?

            “That’s what I said!  But, Oppa, you’re busier than they are.  I understand anyways.

            “I could still be with you.  Right now we are doing nothing.  I’m bored and have no one to talk to except L.Joe.

            “Sorry Oppa.  I’m staying with Kevin and Kiseoppie, though.

            “Fine…I will come check on you, though.  Ok?

            “I would expect you to Oppa.”  I smiled.  “Since you’re the amazing older brother you are.

            “I’ll talk to you later then, Li.  Go get some rest for Oppa, ok?  For me and my niece or nephew.

            I nodded, even though he couldn’t see.  “I will Oppa.  Bye.

            “Bye Lizzie.  I love you.

            “I love you, too.”  I ended the call and stretched, curling up in the big chair.  “I could sleep in this chair.  It’s so warm and comfy.

            Kevin smiled.  “But you don’t need to be.  You’re expecting.

            I scooted over and let Kevin sit beside me.  “I don’t care.  It would be comfortable.”  I went onto the internet and looked up my favorite live video of U-Kiss. 

            They had been in Japan and were singing a song called Believe.  It wasn’t the Korean song of theirs, but a Japanese song that just shared the same song title.  Almost all the guys started to cry at some point in the song.

            I hit the play button and let the song load.

            Kevin looked at the screen.  “That video, really?”

            I looked at him.  “You don’t know how much I loved to watch it when I was younger.  It just shows how passionate all of you are about your work.”

            There was a knock on the door.

            “Who is it?”  Kiseop was lying back on his bed, messing on his phone.

            “It’s me.

            I got up and fixed my oversized hoodie and sat back down.  “I’m ok.”

            “Come in hyung!

            Hoon came in and closed the door.  “I hear you’re staying with us for a couple weeks.

            I nodded.  “The doctor said I can’t be by myself just in case I get another spell like the one I had earlier.

            He seemed like he had something to say but couldn’t.

            “Yah Oppa, are you ok?

            “Yeah, I’m ok.  I’m just a little worried.”  He sat on the edge of Kevin’s bed.  “Eli is coming home early.

            I sat straight up.  “What?  Why?

            “He was here earlier.  I told him you’d been taken to the hospital.  He almost left the dorm to go to you.

            Kevin set his hand on my shoulder.  “You know what Dr. Park said.”

            I let out a deep breath and laid back.  “Yeah, I know.”  I sighed and looked back at Hoon.  “When is he supposed to be back?

            “Shortly.  He sent me a text telling me that he would be here in about an hour from the time he left.  That’s about how long ago he sent the text.

            I looked at Kevin.  “There’s no way I can avoid him for two weeks.  I think I have to tell him now.”

            “There’s always ways.  We could go to your place if you need.”

            “No.  I need to tell Eli.”  I rubbed my cheek.  “With the spell I had today, I think it’s been far too long already.  No, let me rephrase that.  I know it’s been far too long already.”  I got up and sighed.  “Will it be ok?”

            Kevin smiled and stood up, hugging me.  “Of course it will be.  Even if he doesn’t think so at first, you’ll still have me, Kiseop, AJ, and everyone else who knows.”

            I squeezed him.  “Thanks Kevin.  I don’t know that I could even come around here without getting upset if it weren’t for you and Kiseoppie.”

            Kiseop smiled and hugged me from behind.  “You’ll always have us, no matter what.

            I smiled and snuggled into him.  “I love you guys.

            Hoon hugged me and Kiseop tightly.  “I LOVE YOU, TOO!

            I giggled and gave him a tight hug.  “I love you, bunny Oppa.

            He rubbed my back.  “I’ll be across the hall.  So will AJ hyung.

            I smiled.  “Thanks Oppa.”  I looked at Kevin.

            He smiled back.  “Fighting!”

            I did the gesture after him.  “Wish me luck.”

            “You already have it.  Go on.”

            I walked with Hoon out of Kevin and Kiseop’s room.  I saw a familiar person walking to the end of the other side of the hall, going into the room in front of AJ and Hoon’s bedroom.  I looked at Hoon.

            “It’ll be alright.”  He pulled me with him.  Hoon pushed me towards Eli’s door while he went into his and AJ’s room.  “Hwaiting!” he whispered to me from the doorway.

            I knocked on the door.

            “Yah Hoon, if that’s you, then go away!

            I pouted.  “It’s not Hoon, idiot pigeon.

            The door cracked open.  “It’s really you.

            I smiled.  “Hey Pigeon.

            He opened the door and hugged me close.  “God I’m so glad you’re ok.

            My heart picked up, and I felt a slight fluttering in my belly.  “Even she realizes,” I murmured.

            “Hmm?”

            “Nothing.”  I pulled back from Eli.  “I need to talk to you.”

            “Are you finally going to tell me?”

            I sighed.  “I feel like I should now.  If I don’t, I might never be able to tell you.”

            He let me into his bedroom and shut the door behind him.

            I went to the spare bed and sat down on it.  “It’s been far too long since I’ve been in here.”

            Eli sat on his bed.  “Yeah, it has.”

            I looked down and nibbled lightly on my lip.

            “Li?”

            “I’m trying to find the best way how to tell you this without freaking you out.”

            “Just tell me.”

            I sighed.  “It’s not that simple.”  I rubbed the back of my neck, looking at Eli.  “Come sit by me.”

            He stood up and moved, sitting close to me with hardly any space between us.

            I took his hand and made his fingers spread out.  I traced the lines in his palm with my fingertip.  “I can’t help but wonder if you’re going to be mad.  Kevin keeps telling me you won’t be, but I still worry.”

            “Li, you’re right here beside me.  I won’t be mad.  Just tell me.”

            I met his eyes and looked away once again, puffing up my cheeks.

            He chuckled and kissed my cheek.  “Stop being so cute.”

            “But I’m not.”  I looked down.  “I’m chubby.”

            “No you’re not.”

            “I am, actually.”  I ped the hoodie I wore and slipped it off.  I took Eli’s hand and laid it over my belly, right on top of the baby’s heart.  “Can you feel that?”

            “Is that what I think it is?”

            I looked at him.  “Depends on what you think.”

            He kissed me.  “Why couldn’t you just tell me?”

            I sniffled.  “I was worried about what you’d say.”

            Eli pulled me up onto his lap and wrapped his arms around me.  “Foolish girl…

            I hugged his neck.  “You’re not mad?

            He smiled and pressed his lips to my forehead.  “Baby, I couldn’t be mad right now even if I wanted to be.”

            I smiled, sniffling through my tears and hugging him.  “I knew I loved you for a reason.”  My fingers ran through his hair.  “My Eli…”

            “My baby,” he murmured in my ear.  “No…my babies.”

            I pulled back to kiss him.  “I love you Eli.”

            “I love you, too, Lizzie.”

            My phone rang again.

            I took it out and groaned.  “Yah Oppa, stop calling me…”  I answered it.  “Hello?

            “C.A.P. hyung wants to take us out for dinner.  He wants you to come with us.  Will you?

            “I don’t know if I can, Oppa.  Put him on the phone.

            “Hey Lizzie.

            “Oppa, is Chunji Oppa lying to me again?

            “No, I do want you to come with us.  Byunghyun and Changjo suggested it.

            “I don’t know if I can tonight.

            “You can’t go anywhere.”  Eli pecked my lips.  “You’re staying with me tonight.”

            “What if I want to go out with them?”

            “I don’t care.  You can’t go out.”

            “Eli,” I whined, puffing up my cheeks.

            “You’re not going.  You can go tomorrow if you want but not tonight.”

            “Ok.”  I readjusted the phone.  “My Oppa says I can’t go out tonight C.A.P.  Can you tomorrow?

            “Sure.  We’ll see you tomorrow night.

            “Ok.  Bye Oppa.

            “Ok.  Talk to you later, Lizzie.

            “Tomorrow night?”  Chunji Oppa asked.

            “Oppa says I can’t go.

            “Which Oppa?

            I looked at Eli, smiling.  “My favorite Oppa in the entire world.”  I kissed him.

            “I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR FAVORITE!

            “Not anymore.  You’re so overprotective.  Yah, since I got pregnant you call me so many times a day.

            “I can’t worry about my sister?

            “I think there should be a new word for how much you worry.  You should be focusing on work and other things besides me.  I have plenty of people who already worry.

            “Well too bad!  I will always be a worried Oppa.  You’ll have to deal with it.

            I felt the baby kick and gasped.  “Yah Oppa, I have to go.  I love you!”  I ended the call and curled into Eli’s arms.

            “What’s wrong?”

            “Nothing, the baby just kicked me is all.  It’s a perfect excuse to gasp and make Chunji get off the phone with me.”

            Eli laid back on the bed, rubbing my back as I lay against his chest.  “Does this mean we’re together again?”

            “What do you think?”  I kissed his cheek.

            He smiled.  “I missed you baby.”

            “I missed you, too, Eli.”  I covered his mouth with mine.

            He tightened his hold on me.

            I pulled back and groaned when my phone rang.  “What do these people want with me?”  I picked up the annoying device and looked at it.  “Oh, I have to take this.”  I answered the call.  “Park Oppa, what is it?

            “I forgot to ask, but you do still have your prescription, right?

            “I don’t know how much I have left.  I can go check.

            “Go ahead and do that.  I need to know if I should get a new prescription ready for you in a couple of days.

            “I will go check.  One second,” I put the phone on mute and pecked Eli.  “I’ll be right back.”

            “No, don’t leave me.”

            “Then come with me to Kevin and Kiseoppie’s room.”  I got up and set my muted phone on the nightstand.  “Come on Oppa.”  I held my hand out.

            Eli grabbed my hand, clasping our fingers.

            I smiled as we walked out of his room back to Kevin and Kiseop’s room.  I put my finger up to my lips and pressed my ear against the door.

            “Are you worried what Eli hyung will say to Lizzie?

            “Why should I be, hyung?  He loves her to death.  I think he loves her almost as much as we do.

            Eli opened the door when he heard that.  “Hey, don’t talk about me like that.  I will always love my girlfriend more than you will.

            Kevin was startled and almost fell off his bed.  “Hyung, don’t do that!  You almost gave me a heart attack!”  He looked down, but then did a double-take.  “Wait a minute…girlfriend?!  You guys are back together?

            I smiled at Eli.  “Yeah, we are.

            He touched my belly.  “We’re more than back together.

            I went over to my bag beside Kevin’s chair and took my vitamins out of it.  “Oppa, should I tell Park that I’m really low or that I can last until the next appointment?

            Kevin got up and took them from me.  “Tell him to get you a new prescription.  Better safe than sorry.

            I nodded, agreeing.  I set the vitamins back in the bag and let out a breath.  “Calm down baby girl,” I muttered.

            “Li, you alright?”

            I nodded.  “I’m ok Eli.  Can we go back to your room?”

            “Yeah.  Come on baby.”

            I hugged his waist as we walked back down the hall and into Eli’s room.  I sat down on the bed and picked my phone up.  “Oppa, go ahead and get a new prescription.

            “Ok.  How’s the little one doing?

            “Baby’s doing just fine.

            “You staying off your feet too much?

            “Yes Oppa.

            “And…

            “And not lifting anything heavy.  I’m staying at U-Kiss’s dorm.

            “Well that’s good.  I know you’ll be safe.

            I smiled at Eli.  “I do, too.  Let me go Park Oppa.  I’ve been on the phone so many times since we left, it’s not funny.”  I put the phone to the side.  “Do you want to know if we’re having a boy or a girl now?  I haven’t told anyone, not Kevin, Kiseoppie, AJ, or even Chunji.”

            He sat beside me.  “I’d love to know.”

            I smiled.  “We’re having a daughter.”

            “What name did you pick out for her?”

            I pouted.  “You know me too well.”

            He chuckled.  “Is that such a bad thing, baby?”  He rubbed my belly.

            I wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing his cheek.  “No, it’s not.” I paused.  “I really like the name Hana.  Kim Hana just has a ring to it.  It sounds good as Hana Kim, too.”

            He smiled and kissed the tip of my nose.  “Hana it is, then.”

            I smiled and kissed him.  “I love you, Eli Kim.”

            “I love you, too, Lizzie.”

            “Oppa, I’m hungry.”

            “You are, baby?  What would you like?”

            “I don’t know.”

            “You want to go out to eat?”

            “We can, I guess.”

            Eli pulled me up onto his lap.  “What do you really want to do?”

            I ran my fingers through his hair.  “I want to be home.  I’m still not quite used to being here again…”

            He smiled a little.  “Ok.  I’ll take you there.”

            “Can we stay there just tonight?”

            “Of course baby.  Do you want the others to come, too?”

            “I do, actually.”  I ran my index finger against his left cheekbone.

            “Then stay right here and relax.  I’ll be back.”  He kissed my forehead and made me lie on my back.  Eli kissed my belly and left the room.

            I smiled, shaking my head.  “Daddy is really goofy, huh, Hana?”

            Eli came back.  “Come on.  We can go now.”

            I sat up and got onto my feet.  “Are they coming or meeting us there?”

            “Kevin’s got it covered.  Come on baby.”

            I held his hand as we walked out of the dorm room and went down to the parking lot.  I got into the passenger side of my boyfriend’s car after he opened the door.

            When we neared my house, Hana started to squirm.

            I patted my belly.  “You know where we are, huh, baby girl?”

            Eli smiled and pulled into the driveway.  “We’re here.”

            “I can see that.”  I got out of the car and unlocked the front door.  I walked into the kitchen and took a drink from the fridge.

            Eli walked in.  “You shouldn’t be drinking those.”

            I plunged the marble down and took a sip.  “Why not?  It’s only carbonated water and flavoring.”

            “Whatever.”  My boyfriend took it and drunk from the bottle.

            “Hey!  You just wanted to take it!”  I got a different one from the fridge and opened it.

            Eli grinned and pecked my lips.  “It tastes so much better.”

            “Go away, crazy person.  You taste like strawberries.”

            He chuckled.  “You like it baby.”

            I yawned.  “You’re crazy.”

            “You still love me.”

            “Of course I do.  I never stopped.”

            There was a knock on the door, and we both looked towards the front of the house.

            “Stay in here.”

            “No, you stay.  This is my house.”  I walked to the front door and opened it, stepping back because I’d already heard who was outside.

            Kevin and Kiseop came through, hugging me on either side.

            I hugged them both.  “Hi Oppas.

            “Yah hyung, mermaid, get off my girlfriend!

            I pulled back and glared at Eli.  “They can hug me all they want, Eli!  Don’t you get onto my best friends!  I’ll tell Oppa!

            AJ pulled Hoon inside and the other two came in behind them, shutting the door.

            “It’s so warm in here.”  Hoon pulled his hat off, trying to fix his hair.

            Eli pulled my body to his.  “They can’t do that, you know.”

            I pouted up at him.  “You’re just a jealous boyfriend.”  I pecked his cheek.

            “I’m a very overprotective, jealous Appa.  Get it right.

            “APPA?!”  The yell came from Hoon, Soohyun, and Dongho.

            I jumped and glared at Eli.  “Yah, couldn’t you have just said that in English?  They scared us.

            Eli looked at me.  “Why is AJ hyung not surprised?

            “Because he knew, pabo.”  I flicked his forehead.  I pulled away and went into the living room, sitting down.

            Kiseop and Kevin followed me and sat at my sides.

            Kevin set his hand on my belly.  “Is it a girl or a boy?”

            I moved his hand and went to my dvd player.  I turned it on and sat down.  “Yah, you other guys better get in here now!

            Eli came in first and glared at Kevin and Kiseop.

            I threw a pillow at him.  “Would you quit it?  They deserve to sit by me.  All you’ve done is annoy me.”

            Hoon sat down on the other side of Kevin while the other three sat on the other couch.

            “Now you have to be really quiet so you can hear.”  I pressed play and the first sound that came from the speakers was the baby’s heart beating.

            “Wow…” Kevin said.

            I smiled.  “This is when we went to the hospital earlier.  I was watching it when you were upstairs grabbing my bag for me.”  I hit the next button on the remote.  “This part shows if we’re having a girl or a boy.”  I paused it when it showed where the baby’s face could be seen somewhat.  “This is Kim Hana.  I’m pregnant with a girl.

            Kiseop and Kevin both hugged me.  “We’re going to be uncles,” they said together.

            “You both knew you were going to be.

            Kiseop smiled sheepishly.  “We both hoped for a girl, though.

            “I know why.  Because we don’t want another pigeon flying around the house,” I whispered.

            He nodded furiously.

            I giggled.  “Let’s keep that one to ourselves Oppa.”  I pinky swore with Kiseop.

            “Yah, why are you pinky swearing?  What are you keeping from me, now?

            “Yah Ellison Kim, you need to shut up.  You’re annoying the heck out of me today.”  I huffed.  “It’s not good for the baby.”

            Kevin rubbed my belly.  “Are you sure she’s not mine?”

            “Kevin, I’m completely sure that Hana is Eli’s daughter without a doubt.”

            Eli winked at me when I looked at him.  “I love you baby.”

            “Yeah, yeah.”  I smiled.  “I love you, too, babe.”  I stood up and picked up my phone, checking the messages I’d been getting.  I smiled at one in particular.

            Chunji had sent me a picture of him and the guys being silly.  It was a picture I enjoyed just because.

            “My amazing Oppa…”  I set my phone down to charge.

            “Baby, come here.”

            I walked over to Eli and stood in front of him.  “What do you want?”

            He pulled me down onto his lap and kissed my nose.  “Just you.”

            “Aish…my boyfriend is so corny.

            He set his hand on my belly.  “You still love me.”

            I leaned my head against his shoulder.  “Of course I do.”

            There was a knock at the door.

            “Who is that?”  I got off Eli’s lap and went to the door.

            Eli, being the nosy pigeon he always was, had to follow me.

            I hadn’t even made it to open the door when I heard singing outside.

            “OK!  YOU’VE GOT ME GOING CRAZY!  DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO!  I MISS YOU!  TEEN TOP!  I NEED YOU BABY, BABY, BABY…”

            I put my face in my hands.  “I’m going to kill them…”

            Eli chuckled and hugged me.  “Want me to get them?”

            “No, I got it.”  I looked towards the living room.  “KISEOPPIE OPPA, TEEN TOP’S DOING IT AGAIN!

            Eli looked at me.  “What is he going to do?”

            “Just plug your ears.”  I stepped a little away from the door and put my hands over my ears, waiting for Eli to do the same.  “Ok Kiseoppie!”  I heard the air horn blare from the outside intercom even though my ears were covered.  I removed my hands once it stopped and opened the door, seeing five guys on the ground, rubbing their ears.

            Chunji was looking at them.  “I told you my sister would do it again!

            I hugged him.  “Oppa!  What are you doing here?

            “It’s Christmas day.  Our boss gave us early leave.  Plus, since we can’t go out tonight, we decided to come see you.”  He kissed the top of my head.

            “Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you.  I beat your high score.

            “What’d you get?

            “I got 8094 points and cleared 48 lines.  I dare you to try and beat me.

            “Starting from Level 2 then!

            “You won’t beat me Oppa.”  I went inside and shut the door after C.A.P.  “Do you think he’ll ever beat me?

            “No, you’ll always end up beating his score, Li.

            Chunji went quickly into the living room.

            I rolled my eyes and we all walked into the room.  “It’s a U-Kiss/Teen Top Christmas, I guess.

            “Oh yeah hyung,” Oppa said from the computer desk.  “My sister won’t always end up beating me.

            I rolled my eyes and sat between Kevin and Kiseop again.  “Thank you Kiseoppie.

            “Yah hyung, it was you?”  Ricky pouted, rubbing his ears.

            “Ricky, shut up and just sit down.  Or better yet, go supervise Chunji and make sure he doesn’t cheat.

            “I would’ve already if I knew how to cheat on Tetris, baby sis.

            I rolled my eyes and took my phone out when it buzzed me.  I smiled when I saw who was texting me, though.  I opened the message.

            Hae loves his present!

            I shook my head.  “I love my best friend.”

            “Hey!”  Kevin pouted.

            I looked beside me and kissed his cheek.  “Kevin, you know I love you.  I was talking about the other ones.”

            “You have too many best friends.”

            I went over to Chunji and hugged his neck.  “Oppa, he’s being mean.

            “Aww, my poor baby sister,” he pulled me onto his lap.  “Does Oppa need to beat him up?

            “No, but you can beat up Eli now.

            “I HEARD THAT!

            I giggled and hugged Chunji.  “Am I bad Oppa?

            He grinned.  “You bad?  Never.”  He kissed my forehead.

            I looked down at my belly.  “Oppa, give me your hand.”  I took the hand he gave and set it against my belly.

            “Does she still move if you sing to her?

            “Of course she does Oppa.  She moves even if music is on.”  I got off his lap and went back to sitting where I had been before.  “Anyone know who heard me sing first in this room?

            Kevin smiled.  “We all did at once.

            “No, I heard her sing before anyone.

            I looked over at my boyfriend.  “Do you remember what I sang?

            He smiled.  “Of course I do baby.  I walked up on you singing.”  He leaned back.  “I can still remember that day, too.

            “What was I singing then?

            “You were singing Believe.  I was surprised when I heard you singing it, too.

            Kiseop looked at Eli.  “AJ’s Believe or the Japanese Believe?

            “AJ’s, of course.

            I looked at Kevin.  “You can’t answer these questions.  Who knows my favorite performance of U-Kiss with Xander and Kibum?

            Kiseop looked at me.  “Is it the one where we’re at a radio show, and I’m goofing off practically the whole time?

            “What songs did you guys sing?

            “Shut Up and Man Man Ha Ni, I think.

            “Ok, you can’t answer the second question either.  Which of you guys knows my favorite performance with Hoon and AJ?

            “Oh!  I know it!  It’s one from our Japan tour!”  Hoon was excited.

            “Which performance though, Hoonie?”  I looked at Eli.  “Do you know it?

            “Of course I know it.  I’m not blurting it out though.

            “Text it to me then.  I want to know that you know it.

            He took his phone out and typed while Hoon tried to remember.

            I pulled my phone out to look at Eli’s answer.  “Baby, you remembered!  I’m so happy.

            “I told you I knew it!

            “It’s from our first Japanese tour where we sang Believe!  The other one, not the Believe AJ hyung wrote.

            I nodded.  “That’s the one.”  I got up and plugged my laptop up to the tv.  “You can play Tetris later, Oppa,” I added to Chunji when I’d taken the computer.  I opened the video and sat between Kiseop and Kevin, playing the video with the wireless mouse.  “There’s one thing I’m going to point out later.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hestJYqobXw)

            Like in the video, the guys started to cry a little.  I squeezed Kiseop when he started getting choked up.  Of course, I started crying with him.

            Kiseop hugged me because he calmed down before me.

            I could feel one of the guys squatting in front of me, and I looked at him.

            “Come here,” he stood up and leaned down, wrapping his arms around me before pulling me to my own feet.

            I wrapped my arms around his waist and pressed my face into his chest.

            He my hair.  “You ok?”

            I nodded, sniffling.

            He pulled my chin up.  “It’ll be alright.”  His lips met mine softly, sending warmth through my whole body.

            I sighed and leaned my head against his chest, hearing his heart beating.  “I love you Eli.”

            “I love you, too.”  He rubbed my back.  “What were you going to point out?”

            “Even you were starting to get choked up.”  I buried my face in his chest.  “Ow…”

            “What’s wrong baby?”

            “I’m hurting so bad now.”

            “Sit down then.”  He helped me sit down on the couch again and knelt on both knees in front of me, holding my hands in his.  “You ok?”

            “God it’s hurting so much…”

            “Where’d you put the bag at?”  Kevin got up.

            “It should be where it always is.”

            Eli took Kevin’s spot and held my hand.  “What’s he getting?”

            “My medicine,” I sighed and stood up.  “Come on.”  I walked to the kitchen and sat at the table, waiting for Kevin to come in.

            He walked in right behind Eli and sat down in front of me.  “I think you’ll be fine now.”

            “Yeah, but Park said it still needs to be regularly checked until the next appointment.”

            “Did you get any insulin this morning?”

            Eli looked at me.  “Insulin?  You have diabetes?”

            I sighed.  “Don’t ask.”

            “She’s got gestational diabetes.”

            I looked at Kevin.  “Don’t say it out loud like that.”

            “Li, it’s the truth.”  He took my blood sugar with the small little handheld device.

            Eli took my free hand and kissed my knuckles.  “Does it hurt baby?”

            I sighed and looked up at him.  “Yeah.  It’s only because my skin is super sensitive to needles now.  But Kevin is very good at doing it.”

            “Do I do it better than Kiseop hyung?”

            “The only person you don’t do it better than is Chunji and Key.”

            “You want Chunji to give you the shot then?”

            “Only if you want him to, Kevin.”

            “I’ll be right back then.”  Kevin left the kitchen.

            Eli ruffled my hair.  “You dummy.  You should’ve told me you were pregnant from the start.  I could’ve been taking care of you.”

            “Are you kidding?  I didn’t even want them to.  They all insisted though.”  I sighed.

            “So who all knew first?”

            I played with Eli’s fingers.  “Hyuk knew first.  I went to his place after I told you I didn’t want to be with you anymore…”

            Chunji walked in and glared at Eli.  “Yah, why is my sister so sad looking?

            “Oppa, I’m ok…

            He sat in the chair Kevin had moved in front of me and took my wrist, pulling my long sleeved shirt up.  He rubbed the spot he always injected the insulin at softly.  “Has it stopped hurting?

            “Little longer,” I let out a sigh of relief when the pain dissipated.  “Ok, go ahead.

            Chunji took a syringe out of the bag and filled it up from the bottle of insulin.  He applied pressure to the spot.  “Ready?

            “Yah, just do it…”  I shut my eyes and held my breath.  I didn’t even feel the poke from the small needle when Oppa pushed it through my skin.  I opened my eyes just seconds later and he was already putting a bandage over the injection mark.

            He pulled me onto his lap and kissed my forehead.  “My baby is so good.”  He hugged me.

            I giggled.  “Oppa, what did I say about babying me?

            “I can baby you all I want.  You’re my baby.

            “Yah, how can you let him do that?” Eli whined.

            “He’s my brother.”  I kissed Chunji’s cheek and got off his lap.  “Ok…too soon…”  I sat back down in the chair, squeezing my eyes shut.

            Someone started to rub my temples.  “Better?”

            “I love you.”

            He chuckled.  “It always seemed to help before.”

            “It does so much, especially now.”

            “I’m glad it does baby.”

            I leaned my head back a little more.

            “Neck, cheeks, jaw?”

            “All of the above.”

            “Let’s wait until later then.  You do have company.”

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”  I stood up and stayed still for a few seconds.  “Ok, I’m fine now.”

            Eli took my hand, kissed my cheek.  “You sure?  I don’t need to carry you upstairs or anything?”

            “You are not picking me up unless you want to sleep somewhere other than with me tonight, Ellison Kim.”

            “Yah, Chanhee, we gotta go!

            Oppa pouted.  “Why do we have to leave now?  We just got here!

            “Fine, you can stay, but we’re leaving!

            “Ok!  That works!

            C.A.P. and the other guys from Teen Top came in.  “Sorry Li.  I wish we could stay longer.

            I untangled my fingers from Eli and hugged him.  “It’s ok Oppa.  I understand.

            L.Joe hugged me next.  “Can I stay, too?

            “Only one other person besides Oppa can stay.

            “Hyung, we have to play.”  Changjo and L.Joe played Rock, Paper, Scissors, and L.Joe beat the younger boy.

            I kissed Changjo’s cheek.  “You can stay next time Oppa.  Ok?

            He nodded.  “Ok.”

            I walked behind them and waved goodbye before shutting the door again.  “Ok, I wanna watch a movie.”

            Eli took my hand.  “Let’s go watch movies with the guys then.”

            “Ok.”  I clasped our fingers and went on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek.

            “Come on Li.”

            I smiled and let him tug me along.  “Eli?”

            “Mm-hmm?”

            I stopped him and hugged his neck, pulling him down for a soft peck.  “Merry Christmas baby.”

            He smiled and pulled me closer, holding me against his warm body.  “It’ll be my favorite for a while.”