Chapter 10: A Greater Surprise Just for Her

I Just Can't Let You Go

            Lizzie and I were in a restaurant not far from the hospital.  She was thirty weeks along with Hana, and it was the day for her weekly doctor’s appointment.

            We were having lunch with my older sister and her husband because she’d wanted to see Lizzie.

            “It’s not fair,” my sister said.  “My little brother’s becoming a father before I’m even a mother.

            I smiled and wrapped my arm around Li’s shoulders.  “I just have good luck.

            Lizzie groaned.  “You are such a ert, Eli.

            “Baby, I’m just kidding.”

            She rolled her eyes.  “Lucky for you I’m not embarrassed to be seen out in public with you.”

            “Baby!”

            She grinned and pecked my lips.  “Love you, Oppa,” she said sweetly.

            “I love you, too, you mean woman.

            “I am not mean.”  She stuck her tongue out at me.

            “You’re very mean.”  I squeezed her gently.  “I still love you, though, baby.

            “I love you more, Eli.

            “Whatever.”  I looked at my sister, who was pouting at her husband.  “What’s wrong sis?

            “Nothing Eli.

            I leaned close to Li’s ear.  “I think we made my sister jealous, baby.”

            She giggled.  “I think so, too.”

            I rubbed her belly softly.  “What do you think, hmm?  Is Auntie jealous?”

            “I am not Eli!”

            The rest of the time was spent messing with my sister.  Afterwards, Lizzie and I went to the hospital.  I was amazed, seeing my daughter on the 3D ultrasound.

            I took the scenic route “home.”  I really was taking Lizzie to the place where her baby shower would be at.  As we got closer, I told her to close her eyes and don’t peek.

            “Why do I have to cover my eyes like this, Eli?”

            “Because baby,” I said.  “You just have to.”  I pulled into the spot they kept for me to park, and I sent a quick text to Kevin.  I got out of the car and opened the door, pulling my fiancée onto her feet.  I kept my hand over hers and led her to the door and inside the building.  “Ready?”

            “For what?”

            “Uncover your eyes.”

            She did, laughing and tearing up when everyone popped up and yelled “Surprise!” to her.

            “Yah…who planned it?

            I smiled and squeezed her waist.  “I picked this place, but it was Kiseop and Kevin’s idea.

            She went to the two and hugged them.  “You guys are the best.

            Kiseop put a little crown on top of her head.  “It’s all for you princess.”  He kissed her forehead.

            Lizzie went around the party, talking to everyone.  People took a lot of pictures, including my mother since she was putting a scrapbook together for Lizzie and I to have.

            Lizzie unwrapped all the things for Hana, ‘ooh’ing and ‘ahh’ing over each and every item.  She talked with my mom and sisters while Kiseop, Kevin, and I put all the stuff in the car.

            “It’s a good thing baby showers only come every so often.

            “Don’t whine Eli hyung.  Lizzie deserves pampering like this every now and then.”  Kevin moved a box over.

            “Besides, this was our idea in the first place.  You would’ve gotten stuck with more stuff than this is if Kevin, Eunhyuk hyung, Donghae hyung, the Teen Top dongsaengs, and I were the only people at the shower.

            “This is true.”  Kevin agreed.

            A pair of arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

            “Hey baby.”

            “Oppa, I’m tired.”

            I shut the back to the car and turned, pulling my fiancée close.  “You are baby?”

            She leaned her head against my chest.  “Mm-hmm.”

            “Let’s get you home, then.”  I rubbed her back.

            She smiled.  “Yes, take me home.”

            “Ok, let’s go home.”

            Lizzie hugged Kiseop and Kevin both.  “I love you guys.  Thank you for doing this.

            Kiseop smiled.  “We loved putting it together, even if your husband was a little annoyed.

            “So you’ll call me her husband, but I can’t call her my wife?  That’s not fair.

            “Life isn’t fair, dongsaeng.  Besides, it doesn’t really matter.  You both are getting married soon enough anyways.

            “That’s true.

            Li wrapped her arms around me.  “Oppa,” she whined.

            “Ok, ok, let’s go.”  I pulled her to the passenger side and opened the door for her, making sure she was in before I closed it.

            Kevin patted me on the back.  “She’s going to love your gift for her, man.”

            I smiled.  “I hope so.  I’m glad the room was already painted and the floor was nice.  Otherwise, she would’ve known about it.”

            “Yeah, that’s true.  Get her home, she looks extremely tired.”

            I looked at the car, seeing Li leaning the seat back.  “You think I need to get her to check her blood sugar before I let her officially fall asleep at home?”

            “Probably should, just to be safe.”

            I patted his shoulder.  “I’ll see you later.”  I got into the car and shut the door as softly as I could.  I reached over and buckled Lizzie up, kissing her forehead.

            “Mm…”

            I smiled.  “Sleep baby.”

            “Mmkay…”

            I buckled myself in and started to drive towards the house.  I pulled in when we arrived and got out of the car, opening the door for Lizzie.  “Baby?”

            “Hmm?”

            “We’re home baby.”

            “I don’t want to move.”

            I helped her out of the car.

            Lizzie hugged me.  “Mm, Eli, I love you.”

            I smiled and kissed the top of her head.  “I love you, too.  Can you walk steadily?”

            “Yeah, I’m fine.”

            We walked up the steps and went into the house.

            “Sit down.”  I pecked her lips lightly and went into the kitchen, grabbing the black case on the table.  I went back into the living room, sitting beside Li.

            “Oppa, I’m fine.”

            “We still have to check baby.  Does your finger hurt?”

            “No, it’s fine.  Just do it.”

            I took her blood sugar level and put everything away when it gave a normal reading.  “You did good today.”

            “I know I did.”

            “Are you extremely sleepy?”

            “Not extremely, but I am a little sleepy.”

            “Good.  I have something to show you.”  I stood up and held my hand out.

            She took it, letting me pull her up.  “What is it?”

            I smiled.  “A surprise.”  I led her upstairs to the room next the hers.  “Close your eyes.”

            She did, covering them with her hand, too.

            I opened the door and led her in.  “Tada.”

            Li looked at the room.  “Oh Eli.  Babe, it’s so beautiful.”

            I wrapped my arms around her, laying my hands on her very round belly.  “Good thing for us that the walls look great and the floor is nice just in case we end up moving.”  My plan was to move us into a bigger house together a few months after the baby came.  We’d have time to adjust to her being here, and then we could go to a new house with Hana and live permanently together.

            I kissed Lizzie’s cheek.  “So, you like it?”

            She turned and held my face between her hand.  “I love it.”  Li pressed her lips to mine tenderly.  “Thank you, Eli.”

            I smiled.  “It’s my pleasure, baby.”  I set my hand on her belly.  “Your Mommy likes the surprise.  I think you will, too, Hana.”  My knees went down to the floor so I would face my girlfriend’s round, pregnant belly.  I pressed my lips to her belly softly.  “Daddy loves you.  I can’t wait to meet you, Hana.”

            “I bet she can’t wait to meet her amazing daddy, either.”

            I smiled up at Lizzie.  “Let’s go take a nap.  It’s been a long day.  I reckon you need one anyways.”

            “By which you mean yourself, right?”

            “Ok, yes, I do need one.”  I stood up on my feet.

            Lizzie smiled.  “Come on Appa.  Let’s go.”

            I smiled back at her.  My life, I thought to myself, is complete and, most of all, simply perfect.


Hey guys~this is the third-to-last chapter of IJCLYG.
Yes, it's sad, I know.
BUT, there's going to be a sequel fic (which I already have the first 4 or 5 chapters written because this was the only chapter I lacked for the past week or so and I had BAD WRITER'S BLOCK. Plus, on Friday I also experienced the loss of one of my close friends who I'd known LITERALLY my whole life, so that surely didn't help.)
Oh yeah, I forgot to say this.  In chapter 5, I included a conversation from "me" and another unidentified person.  This person (Raven hush, you know already) is actually a real person I know.
There's someone else I included, but in a different way.  The personality Chunji has (the protective older brother, which you'll see more of in the sequel story) is another person's personality I know. That same person will never read this either, hopefully.
BTW, I was going to put a preview of the sequel story, but instead I'll post it in the bottom of the next chapter since this is a very long note.