Chapter 9 The fiance and a letter

An Unexpected Meeting

 

 

Young Ho was taking another stroll at the flea market where most of the merchants were sold there with Changmin tagging along besides him. The circumstances had somehow made Changmin as Young Ho’s to wherever he wanted to go, and Changmin had no other choice but to obey it.

 

Why???? Here’s what actually happen earlier….

Flashback

 

In the Jung’s study room where Young Ho’s father spend most of his time, dealing with politics, the region’s affairs and stuff…etc.

Young Ho sat in front of his father while reporting him about the whole break in incident that had happen. It was his duty to report whatever suspicious activities that was going on and a break in to the Jung’s resident is one of them. Young Ho told him about Changmin, and so his father requested for an audience with him. Young Ho did as he was told and brought Changmin with him.

 

“You got some nerve for a young boy like you to be trespassing. Do you have any idea whose place you were at? This is the Left Prime Minister’s house. Boy, you have no idea in what mess you just got yourselves into.” Young Ho’s father scolded him. Changmin, being a smart he is, decided to keep quiet, he knew anything he said will be used against him, so it’s better to keep his mouth shut and let the elder continued on blabbering.

After what seemed to be awhile, he finally decided.

“Off with his head.” Young Ho’s father decided causing a bit shock to both of the young men present in front of him.

“Abeonim, please reconsider. Changmin here poses a great talent in fighting; it would only be a lot of waste to end his life just like this. Please put him into a better use.” Young Ho kept his composer; he didn’t want to reveal any weakness in front of his father, although at the moment he was nervous as a hell. His father looked at him with a great amused, interested by his suggestion.

“Oh..and what do you actually suggesting?”

“He could become my , personal assistance to help me fight against those bandits. Plus he already saved my life twice, I owed him that.” Young Ho’s father was taking in what Young Ho had suggested, it was a moment of silent in the room, with tensed atmosphere. None of the boys were dared to disturb him while he was thinking.

“Very well, have it your way. But if I sensed anything suspicious, I’ll have him dead. And boy….” He moved his stare from Young Ho to Changmin. “……mark my word, once I’ve said these. You may be dismissed.”

With that everything is settled. Young Ho got to keep Changmin by his side, while Changmin has his life spared from being punished.

 

 

As soon as they were out from that room…

 

“I’m sorry for what I’ve said. I didn’t mean to use you.” Young Ho apologized. He felt guilty saying those horrible things about making a use of Changmin’s talent.

“You saved me back then, and for that I thank you.” Changmin politely bow to Young Ho, living in that time zone had somehow thought him some manners.

 

End Flashback

 

 

“You seemed happy today.” Changmin commented as he saw how Young Ho was smiling goofily around as they were having their sightseeing together.

“I am, actually. This is the first time I’m having a walk with a friend. Usually I’m on my own or with a servant.” Changmin stared at Young Ho as if he couldn’t believe what the older man had told him.

“For real? You mean to say you never actually have a friend before?” Changmin thought out loud, which earned a chuckle from Young Ho, amused by the younger reaction.

 “I guess you can say that, nobody made me comfortable to be around with, well except from you.”

That’s exactly what Changmin felt when he was around Yunho, it felt weird when Young Ho told him that.

 

“Why are you being so quiet out of a sudden?” Young Ho asked as he didn’t heard any respond from the young man next to him.

 “Nothing, I just thought….” Right when Young Ho was paying his full attention to Changmin, waiting for him to finish his sentence, a wagon came, almost hitting Young Ho from the back. Changmin, having a fast reflexes, quickly pulled Young Ho away from the road, avoiding the accident that might have happen.

“WATCH OUT!!!” He yelled as he pulled Young Ho toward him, making the older man stumbled and fall, but Changmin cushioned him with his body, instead of letting Young Ho’s face stumbled to the ground. Their position was with Young Ho on top of him while Changmin squirmed in pain while he was at the bottom.   

“Changmin! Are you alright?” Finally realized the position they were in, Young Ho got up and pulled Changmin up along with him. He looked through Changmin’s cylinder body for any bruises or blood. But there was none, he thanked god for that.

“I’m fine Young Ho, so quiet worrying. You should really watch where you’re going next time. What if I wasn’t here to save you?” Changmin retorted while he dusting off the dirt from his garment.

“But Changmin-ah, you’ll always be by my side, right? Of course you would be there to help me, right?” Young Ho gave him his innocent smile making Changmin forget what he was getting so worked out about earlier.

“You’re hopeless.” Changmin continued dusting off his clothes when he suddenly whined in pain. Turned out he wasn’t that alright after all, his palm was bleeding, probably because he used it to support both of their weight when crushing on the dirt. Young Ho saw it and took a handkerchief from one of his pocket and wrapped it around his palm. He made a cute ribbon along with it.

“There, all better.” Changmin flushed seeing how much attention he’s been receiving from Young Ho, it reminded him a lot to Yunho, in many ways. He brushed of the feeling and wiggled his hand out from Young Ho’s grip.

“Let’s just go already, you said you have some books you want to look at?” Changmin reminded them back about the purpose of their trip that day. Changmin was leading them the way to the nearby bookstore while both of them walked without talking to one another, probably still figuring out their feelings to each other.

 

At the Tae Kyun’s Bookstore

 

The place wasn’t that crowded, but there were a few others customers. Changmin paid no attention to them as he started surveying the store. He took his time to study the reading materials, everything was written in ancient language and the on each character in the syllabus was perfectly made by the brush.

 

‘You wouldn’t see any of these in the modern books.’ He thought to himself. He saw Young Ho was not far away from him, doing the same thing he was doing; browsing some books. They ended up spending an hour in the book store. Changmin was too immersed in the ancient literature when Young Ho got closer to him, he had company. There were two ladies with him, one of them were dressed in expensive looking clothes while another one was dressed in plain cotton clothes, must be the servant.

 

‘The lady must be a noble while the other must be her servant.’ Changmin thought, he saw how Young Ho was talking to the women. They seemed to know one another. Young Ho probably noticed he was staring so he approached Changmin and introduced them.

“Changmin-ah, this is Lady Eun Hee, she’s from the Kim’s family. And Lady Eun Hee, this is Shim Changmin, my friend.” Young Ho began the introduction. Then they exchanged a few greeting before the ladies finally decided to excuse themselves.

 

Changmin P.O.V.

 

“It’s nice meeting you, Changmin-shi. Do take care of Young Ho-shi, he can be a bit clumsy at a time.”

 

That Lady Eun Hee said to me before she left us. Call me crazy or what but I swear she looked just like Jaejoong, but in a female version, obviously. Her flawless milky skin, pouty red lips, her doe eyes, pretty much resemblance Jaejoong’s feature, I’ll say that she’s the Jaejoong’s version in this timeline. Young Ho kept silence after she left, it seemed like something was troubling him and I think I could guess what it was, but I don’t want to point at it just yet, I’ll let him decided when he would like to tell me all the things about it.       

 

Finally we were out from that book store and were about to walk our way home, his house to be exact.

We were on our way back when Young Ho decided to ask me to practice sword with him this evening. I wouldn’t mind practicing a bit, so I’ll agreed to it.

 

That evening, somewhere out in the open field…

 

As promised, I was ready with a sword on my hand, waiting for his attacks. He was taking his breath a few times before launching toward me with his full speed, swinging his sword around, making the attack. He wasn’t that bad, I had to be on guard while battling him, I didn’t want to hurt him but at the same time I don’t like pain myself. He swung his sword like a mad man, almost like -and probably is- venting out his anger. I blocked each blow and turned them against him, sending him stumbled to the ground a few times. But every time he felt, he got up and fought me again. Of course the result weren’t that much different. He couldn’t match up to my skills, at least not in this level. Finally he was exhausted; he lied on the open grass, inhaling deeply. I shield my sword away and sat next to him. 

 

 

A PICTURE HOW YUNHO LOOKED LIKE WHILE FIGHTING 

 

HOT STUFF (>//<) -picked out from 'The Masked Fencer'

 

 

“Feeling better now?” I asked while he closed his eyes, still panting. He answered me with a weak hum.

“So do you want to talk about it now?”

“About how good you’re at fighting?” He asked, which earned a proud smirk from me.

“No, I’ve discover that a long time ago. What I want to know is about the lady that we met earlier at the book store, who is she, really?” Young Ho got up and sat next to me, he seemed reluctant to talk about it, so I decided to make a guess.

“She’s your fiancé isn’t it? The one your father chose as your bride.” He nodded, I was right after all. He still kept his silence, so I decided to continue the conversation.

“Well she’s certainly a beauty, and seemed nice. She looks like she loves you, a lot. You should be happy to be getting married to her. If I were you, I would be happy.” I stated my opinion, an honest one, I think.  

“You think so Changmin-ah? Because I don’t really feel like it is. All I ever feel is emptiness, it’s like I’m living a lifeless life.” I stared at him as he vent out his feeling, he was staring onto the ground as if that was the most interesting thing to look at too.

“Changmin-ah, have you ever fallen in love before? Do you know what it feels like?” The question came out of nowhere. He looked into my eyes, hoping to hear some answers. Come on Changmin, think!!

“Yes, I have actually. It’s the most wonderful thing that ever happens to me. It somehow gave me something to hold on into, it makes me feel like I can trust my whole life to the one I love. I would do anything to protect that person from any harm or danger, even if it would risk my life.” Young Ho stared at me with admiration, did I sound weird? I never good talking about feelings, well except in front of Yunho.

“Then you’re lucky Changmin. I wish I could have fallen in love once in my life. My wish was actually very simple, do a good job, meet someone I like, fall in love and then marry that person and have kids. Then my life would be just prefect like that.” I patted on his back, trying to ease his trouble.

“You’ll met someone like that, you’ll see. Maybe that person turned out to be your future wife, you’ll never know. Just give her a chance. Open up your heart to her.” Young Ho gave me his warm smile, he always does that whenever we talked about something personal. Maybe he is lonely, he just needs someone to listen to him from time to time.

“Maybe you right, maybe I should gave her a chance.” He emitted this determinate aura; he stood up while gripping his knuckle white, like making a promise to himself. But it didn’t take long, he crunched onto his sitting position again, like a negative thought just occurred to him again.

“But I don’t know how?” He whined. Honestly this guy is so hopeless. He just needs help with everything. Well, lucky for him, he got me here, and I knew just what to do. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and whisper him my plan. Yes, I’m definitely became a cupid of love for these two helpless couple. I am way over the fact that Young Ho is not Yunho, so there’s absolutely nothing wrong helping a friend out, and besides I doubt that anyone in this time would believe in a boyxboy love anyway, it’s just not common. They probably believed in a brotherhood relationship though.

 

Later that day….

Night fall…..

 

It was already dark at night and without electricity, everything depends on the fire or the moonlight to light the way. Here I am, found myself sneaking around somebody else’s resident, again, while carrying a heavy mission with me. I’m bringing someone’s heart along with me. Hypothetically speaking, I’m not actually carrying a heart, it’s just a letter for Lady Eun Hee, and I’m trying to send this without his father or any of her family knowing, obviously people in this time kept their daughters hidden and the sons aren’t allowed to make a lot of contacts with them so the best way to mend a long distance relationship is through mails.

      

Sneak into somebody else place is not something I never do, I pretty much good at it. And in just no time, I was already standing in front of Lady Eun Hee’s bedroom. Trying my best not to scare her off, I quietly sneak into her room and saw she was writing something, thank god she was still up. As she saw me coming in, she pulled out a knife and threaten me.

“Come any near me and I’ll kill myself.” She threatens me, I was covering my face with a piece of cloth, it’s no wonder she got scare. I have to make her calm first before I began telling her anything.

“Wowowo, calmed down, princess. I won’t harm you, come on you know who I am? We’ve already met, remembered?” I saw her stare deep into my eyes as if trying to identify me.

“Changmin-shi? It’s that you?”She asked, oh, so she’s a smart one. I took of the cover off and revealed my face while flashing her smile.

“You guess right Lady Eun Hee.”

“I didn’t know you have a weird hobby sneaky in into a ladies’ room at night.”

“Trust me, it’s not a hobby either. I came to deliver a letter from Jung Young Ho to you. Please read it first and later, if you decided to write something back to him, just called me out. I’ll be hanging around this place until midnight. Please let me know till then.” And with that I excused myself.

 

Flashback

 

“A letter? Seriously Changmin? You think that was all it that’s to get to know her?” Young Ho questioned back my idea, can’t he at least believe on me on this one, I know what I’m doing right now…well….not really…

Then after give it a second thought, he finally agreed to that suggestion.

 

In Jung Young Ho’s room….

 

Young Ho was holding a brush and the paper was ready for him. All he need now is to concentrate on its content.

“So what should I write Changmin-ah?” Young Ho looked at me with a pair confused eyes, he looked like he had no idea on how to do this.

“How about something that crossed your mind?” I gave him a suggestion, then he began scribbled something on the paper. Good now we’re making some excellent progress over here.

 

Awhile later….

 

“DONE!!!!” He yelled out, while shoving me his letter. I took the paper on my hand and carefully read it. He doesn’t seemed to against it somehow.

 

To Lady Eun Hee,

I know that the arranged marry is out of a sudden, but I was hoping that we can get to know each other well before the wedding. Changmin said that it would be a good thing for both of us. I’m sure you still remembered him, he’s the one that sent you my letter. He’s a really great guy so please be nice to him, don’t hurt him for trespassing or anything. He really just wanted us to get to know one another, that’s all. He really is a good friend of mine, probably the only one I ever have. So please be nice to him.………………………………he’s wonderful…………………………………………………….nice and saved me a lot of times………………………………………………..good at fighting……………………………………………………………………….a great guy……………………..-and the complements about me went on and on until the last part of his letter-

From: Jung Young Ho

 

That idiot, why did he keep mentioning me in his letter? Probably I got a little carried away, I brought him closer to me,

“Young Ho-ah….”

“Yes..?”

‘Thok!!!’

A knuckle hit his head, my knuckle to be exact. He’s definitely a little loss in this dating world, okay maybe a lot, my Yunho is far more experienced than him. He’s definitely not a boyfriend material.

“~Ouch!!!~ Why you did that for?” He whined, while rubbing his little swollen head.

“Idiot! Don’t write about me, what do you trying to do? Selling me off to her? Write something about your feeling to her. Not me.” I crumbled the letter into a mass ball and throw it to my back.

“But you said whatever crossed my mind…” I heard his little mumbled while still rubbing his head. He probably thought I didn’t hear them, too bad. I did. I hissed at him making him flinched a little.

“Now write it again, this time, make it all about you and her.”

 

After what seemed to be an hour of waiting, he finally finished. I proved reading it before nodding, agreeing to its content this time and folded it nicely before putting it into my pocket.

“Good job, I’ll be back.” I put on my ninja clothes and covered my face. He looked amazed at me, full of admiration, looked like I just earned myself a fanboy, just great.         

 

End Flashback

 

“Changmin-shi…..Changmin-shi….where are you?” I heard Lady Eun Hee was calling out for me. I was just sitting around on a high tree branch in her beautiful garden while enjoying the moonlight and the sound of the crickets in the night. It’d seemed like she’s done reading the letter  and probably already done writing the replied to that letter, which explained why she was looking for me.

 

“So are you done? Do you need my help in any kind?”

“Yes, would you please send this back to him. Tell him I’ve received the letter and understood his message really well .” she handed me a piece of neatly folded paper, must be her letter to him. I nodded to her request and was about to take my leave when she held my arm, holding me back from leaving just yet.

“And Changmin-shi, I can’t thank you enough for doing this for us. You really is a good friend of Young Ho-shi. If…if you don’t mind, I hope you can accept me as your friend as well. Would that be too much for me to ask?” I hold her hand, to release her grip on my arm while giving her, a warm smile.

“It’ll be my honor, Lady Eun Hee. Now if you’ll excuse me.” With that I left her, making my way of escape without anyone notice. Hey, looks like I just got myself another friend.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hohoho another update^^, a new character is introduced here, Lady Kim Eun Hee, she's Jaejoong identical and is bethrothed to Young Ho...a little bit of Yunjae I suppose. But in a different version.

That's it, I'm not revealling any more than that, you have to wait for the next update. Soon, very soon I hope^^

rilakumaAhehe^^ true true, Young Ho has strangely become attached to him. This chapter should revealed more about Young Ho and Changmin's friendship. Well, you could say that Kyu Bok is evil, he's not that much of different from Kyuhyun character. Anyway, thanks for liking the update dear, really appreciated it. I'll make sure to write a better update for the next one.

ChangMiRuuthank you dear, that scene, I kinda need brainstorming for awhile before I could finally come up with that scene, glad you like it. While writing this update, I missed homin moment, like a lot. So I decided to cut the Changmin's time travelling trip into the past short. I wanted Changmin+Yunho moments, not Changmin+Young Ho moment anymore....TT^TT -Forgive me for my uncertain act, I usually wrote whatever come up into my mind- 

Many thanks to winxers27kpop , nilawati , neophnx for subscribing.