Valentine's Day

An Unexpected Meeting

Note: Starting from this chapter onwardS will be my personal Homin collections (probably one-shot, or short series) , their character will be maintain or changed, I will decide that afterward. Even if I changed the characters, I'll informed in advaced, don't worry ^^

Well then, please continue reading. 


 

Summary:

How the HoMin celebrated Valentine considering Changmin’s busy working as a secret agent for the FBI while Yunho’s in the hospital. Both with different background and thoughts of Valentine made it seems like impossible for these two to celebrate. However, fate leads them back together. 

 
 

 

 

13 February 20XX

Changmin's apartment 

 

Back at the Changmin’s apartment

Changmin and Yunho were having their late night supper, the only time of the day where they would face each other properly as both of them had always busy schedule and couldn’t even spare some lunch time together. The supper was made by Changmin tonight, as they usually take turn in making the supper.

 

 

Changmin POV

Yunho has been acting strangely happy tonight and I wonder why. I was in the middle preparing kimbab when he, out of the sudden, hugged me from behind and has been acting all lovey-dovey around me ever since he got home. He even did a short waltz with me around the kitchen while I was still in the middle of cooking and still had my apron on. I mean, I know a lot about Yunho’s aeygo, but there never reach to this sort of level, something must have been going on his little head of his and I’m determined to know what. Washing my hands clean after cooking earlier, I take a glance on the calendar, is it because we celebrated his birthday last week? No, that can’t be it. Only then I realized about what day it is tomorrow, of course! It’s Valentine’s day, maybe that’s the reason for it. Then what? It’s not like there’s a public holiday for it, I still have to go to work tomorrow.  

During dinner

Yunho wore his favorite T along with a pair of sweatpants but had his hair well style and took a glance at me every now and then while eating his food. I got up and decided to feed Mangdong first, getting tired of the stare. I went to the cabinet and took out a can of the dog food.

Changmin's Mangdong, cute right?! (> o <) 

“If you have something to say to me, just say it okay, you don’t have to keep on putting a hole on my face you know.” I decided to tell him that, I was really getting tired of being stared at. I opened the can and placed it into Mangdong favorite’s bowl and called for her.

“Min, I like mint chocolate.” He told me as I placed the food in front of Mangdong and patted her head.

“Yeah, so?” I decided to keep on playing dumb with him.

“Well…” Here we go….

“If you’re going to get me some chocolate for tomorrow, I want a mint chocolate.” Yup, he definitely thought about tomorrow that’s why he’s been acting like that all. I mean, is he being serious? Its’ bad enough he didn’t thought about only girls gave chocolate on Valentine, what am I? A chick?

“And just what actually made you think that I’ll get you some?” I retorted while crossing my arms on my chest and yes, it worked. He frowned and made an unsatisfied face like a kid who didn’t get his favorite candy.

“But you love me Minnie, right?” Great, now he’s whining, why did I have to put up with this silly doctor? ~Oh~ because I’m in love with him, I forgot.

 

“Yes, but what does that have to with this?”

“Then give me some chocolate, I’ve always dream of receiving a chocolate on Valentine from the one I love, so give me please?” He went to where I was and sat right next to me while snuggling his head on my shoulder, I swear he’s acting just like Mangdong when she wants to make me play with her. I couldn’t hold myself from chuckling.

“Haven’t you have enough already? I’m pretty sure all the nurses or even the patients in that hospital had already given you enough.”

“Yes, but I don’t love them like the way I love you. So I am really looking forward for tomorrow, I’ll be waiting for your chocolate Minnie.” He gave me his innocent smile like he really meant that. Just great, so what now? I have to prepare the chocolate for him? He’s got to be kidding with me.
 

 

14 February 20XX

Yunho left early that morning, it was an emergency that the hospital needed him so early in the morning. Just before he left, he made sure he woke me up before he left and gave me a kiss.

“Make sure you remember our promise alright?” Yeah, he did something like that before he left, but then…..

 

 

FBI Department

I still have tons of works to be finished, so there’s no way I have any spare time to get the chocolate ready. I looked back at the monitors filled with a few profile and cases that needed to be handled. Only then, a hand was shoved in front of my face while his other hand wrapped around my neck. The warmth that I recognized from anywhere.

“Changminnie, so where is it?” Jaejoong asked while holding out his hand in front of me, asking for it. I looked at him, questioning his gesture.

“My chocolate. You’ve prepared one for me, did you?” Still with his smiling face. Argh~~ not him too. Why do all the people around me keep asking for chocolate, they should be the one giving it to me, I love sweet food, no scratch that, all kinds of food actually.

“Sorry Jae, I didn’t prepare anything for you. Maybe next year, alright? That is if we survived from all the missions and live the next Valentine. Why do you want one from me anyway? Don’t you have enough from your fan girls from the office department already?” I picked up some of the files on my desk, containing all the reports that I had just finished checking. Like I said, Valentine or what, we still had to work. I got up and took all the finished files with me, ready to summit them to Yoochun. Jae, who was still remained standing near my desk, moved away a bit, giving me some space to move, he pursed his lips a bit, probably began sulking because I didn’t get him anything on this supposed to be the most romantic day of the year.

“You know Changminnie, there’s nothing wrong giving chocolate to your friends on a Valentine’s day. Just consider it as a friendly gesture of showing the others that you care about them, appreciate their present in your life. Anyway, here.” He places a box of rectangular shape with some red ribbon neatly tie on it. “My Valentine gift to you. I like you Changminnie and I wouldn’t want any other to be my partner aside from you.” I took it and sniffed on it a little. A sweet fragrant came from it, smells like chocolate, vanilla chocolate. Sweet!

“Thanks Jae-hyung, you’re the best.” That’s a figure of speech I say that to everyone that offer me food. I thought about what he said back then “I never thought about it in that way, thanks Jae, I‘ll get you something nice next time, alright? But first I got to go, need to hand this over to the boss.” And with that I excused myself. Hm… appreciation on the other’s present? I never know that was the other thought about Valentine well can’t blame that entirely on me, blame that to my dark childhood. Yunho must have thought about it in that way also, maybe I should really prepare something for him.  

Arggghhh~ I know. I said that but…AH! Damn work. Damn drug dealers! Damn those criminals! With all those piling up, there’s no way escape instead of being stranded in the offices or to/from the police station to question the witnesses and the suspects, not even forgetting going to the forensic lab every now and then, ~owh~ it’s tiring. It was already 11.00 p.m. when I looked at the watch, I already texted Yunho that I was going to be late so I hope he didn’t wait for me.

Thuk! The sound of Jae’s forehead hits the table. Great, one down, one more to go. Since I had already seen through all the details of the cases, I guess I should give myself a rest for now.

“Jae. Oi, Jae, wake up. Come on, I sent you back.” I tried to wake him up, he at least need to have a proper sleep after having a long day of working. I drove to his house since he already missed the last bus and there’s no train operating at these late hours.

It took a lot longer than I thought and it was almost midnight by then, there’s no way any of those fancy gift or chocolate shops would be opened by now.

Now how the heck should I get Yunho any of the Valentine’s chocolate, there’s no way I’m making one considering the time, plus I’m too tired to do any cooking right now. I stopped at a traffic light on my way back and saw a convenient store that was still opened. A thought occurred to me that maybe they should have some chocolate, better yet mint chocolate. And they did. Bingo!

 

I ended up buying the whole bag of mint chocolate. It’s not wrapped in those fancy wrappers but this will just have to do. Done paying for all the chocolate, I headed straight home, can’t wait to see what’s Yunho had been up to inside our apartment, alone.

The driving went longer than I thought. Maybe it was because I was getting tired and my eye lids wouldn’t just stay opened the whole time. Anyway to keep my mind on the road, I ended up eating the half bag of the mint chocolate, I guess they were really helpful actually, I safely arrived home by doing that.     

Once I entered the apartment, I saw the light was still on. That’s strange, is Yunho still awake? By now Yunho should be sound asleep in bed like a log. Then, I spotted mangdong was sound asleep in her little bed. I went to the living room and saw that Yunho was asleep on the couch with the TV still and half drink a can of beer lying on the coffee table. How sweet, so he still waited for me even thought I already told him not too. I guess he can be really stubborn sometime, but never mind, I still love him anyway.

“Yunho-yah, wake up. Go and sleep in the bed. It’s not comfortable here, you’re gonna suffer some serious back pain tomorrow, if you keep this up. Yah, wake up! Or do you want me to carry you instead?” He was still asleep as if nothing happen. Ceh..I swear he is absolutely like a log when he’s asleep. You can throw a pail of water at him but still with no effect on his sleep.

Sighing a bit, I finally had it, never messed around with a tired changmin.

“YAH JUNG! WAKE UP!” I slapped hard on his face, sending him up like a lighting strike. Finally…

He rubbed his eyes sleepily while look at me with those puppy looks, alright now I’m feeling guilty waking him up. Well, maybe a LITTLE.

“Changminnie, you’re back.” He pulled me closer to him and cupped my face with the beautiful fingers of his.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, love. I was meaning to say that to you but I didn’t manage to get the time. I could have just called but I want to say it directly to you.” He smiled gently while slowly lean in, pulling me for a kiss. Sensing how gentle he was kissing I gladly returned. The kiss lasted for a moment that caused us breathless, so we had to pull away.

the taste of each other, he let out a sincere comment, just like he usually self.

“Hm…mint. Minnie, your mouth tasted like chocolate mint.” Well dough…I’ve been eating those all the way home, so of course the taste will remained there, well at least until I brushed my teeth that is.

“Glad you mentioned that Yunho. Here.” I shoved to him the bag that was containing half of the eaten chocolate mint.

“Happy Valentine too Yunho-hyung. Sorry that I wasn’t able to prepare anymore than this, we had a pretty rough day in the office today, but they’re still chocolate, so just accept them alright.” He took the bag then smiled a bit when he saw the chocolate.

“Hyung, listen. I’ve been thinking about it today, well since I never experience anything normal before, I might be slow in this sort of things, you know the thing that normal people usually know. But I’m trying my best here hyung, I will try my best to learn about them. Each and every one of them. Therefore hyung, I really hope that you’ll have patient with me. And next year I promise you I’ll make a nice homemade chocolate, especially for you.” Yunho smile warmly while pulling me for a hug while gently patted my head.

“It’s alright changdol-ah, you’re the best gift I ever received.” He pecked on my forehead.

“And I know, everything seems new to you, but take your time, I don’t want to make you feel like you’re being force into anything. And also, I’m willing to wait for you, for as long as you want me too.” Yunho took my hand and placed a kiss on it. Here comes he’s cheesiness.  

“You know min, when I pledged my love to you, I was willing to accept you, in whatever past you had, your present, whatever future you’ll have, as long as I get to stay by your side. I love you changminnie.” Yunho was looking so sincere as he was uttering those words, he can be such a sweet talker, and I also love that side of him. Yunho kissed me again and I ended up kissing him back.

I looked at the clock, hanging on the wall, it was already 11.59 p.m., still have one minute left before the day is over. Only then I realized Yunho’s touch was becoming more needy and aggressive. His hands were practically exploring my body, I could have guess what’s was coming up next as he started kissing my jaw line, moving to earlobe, leaving a wet trail behind.

“Er..hyung, aren’t you tired? You know, for something like this? I saw you were sound asleep when I get back.” I asked him, not that I didn’t want to, it’s just I kinda exhausted and thought he might too.

“That’s the point, thanks to my little nap just now, I’m all recharged to do you a couple of rounds. I’ve been waiting all night long for this.” Yunho gave me his famous y smirked, now I really gonna get it.

“Alright hyung, but just thought you should know this, I need t o get up early tomorrow for work, so try not to make me stay up all night, okay?”

“Ou, can’t promise you that Minnie. We’ll see.”

…………

 

15 February 20XX

Sure enough, I was barely able to walk in the office. Thank god I have Jae to help me around the place.

Lesson I learnt from Yunho that night.

Valentine = all night ~aww~ my hurt.