Chapter 6 Living a dream life

An Unexpected Meeting

 

 

Yunho’s POV

 

My pager vibrated.

‘Dr.Jung, please come to the emergency unit.’

 

Without losing any moment I quickly ran to the emergency unit. As soon as I got there, a nurse came greeted me. She looked trouble when she saw me.

“Dr.Jung, thank god you’re here. The patient that was admitted here was someone you know, he came searching for you the other day. He’s badly injured and I think you should go and see him. Some other doctors have already started to work on him. They’re in the operation theater right now.” I tried to recall who is it that she’s been talking about, but couldn’t think of anyone except for one.

Changmin!

That name kept on repeating, over and over again in my head. As I was getting nearer the operation room, I saw there was a stranger, his shirt was covering in blood, and he was face palmed himself. I couldn’t help to notice that he was shivering; looks like he had just went through a traumatic incident. As he saw me passing by, he grabbed me by the arms and stared straight into my eyes with his doe eyes.

“Doctor, please do anything that you can to save Changmin. Please, I beg you. It’s my fault that he got hurt. I couldn’t live my life if I lost him now.” He begged me. His eyes began to become teary. I patted on his shoulder, assured him that everything will be fine but deep inside me I was hoping that the patient isn’t my Changmin, but clearly I was wrong.

Dead wrong!!!

That was Changmin, laying inside of the operation room while a few of my collides were working on him. He was bleeding, a lot and there was another bleeding in his head, probably from being knocked down by something. I didn’t waste any longer, I grabbed my equipments and started to work on him. Changmin please hold on, don’t you dare leave me. 

 

End Yunho’s POV

 

 

Changmin’s  POV

 

Flashback, a few moments earlier

 

It was another day at work, we just finished with the staff meeting for our today’s mission when my boss decided to call me into his office. He is such a pain in the , now what does he wants?

 

“Agent Shim, meet your new partner, Kim Jaejoong.” My boss, Park Yoochun introduced us. I scanned him from head to toe but he seemed like unreliable, vulnerable and hopeless. He seemed just like Mangdong when I first saw her. Somebody that definitely needed my protection. And of course we became friends afterward, well, in a way because we kept on arguing about stuff but as much as I annoyed him or he annoyed me, he always kept on following me, doing everything that I told him too, guess having a partner isn’t that bad after all. That was until we were appointed to ambush a drug dealer nest. That was when everything went wrong. The plan was to plan a surprise capture to all the drug dealers but turned out we were out numbered. The captain was me and I had to make sure all the others made out save. I called for backup but they arrived a little bit late. That was when I saw Jaejoong was about to get shot by the enemies. I was short out of time so I had to use my body as a shield to him.

The next thing I knew, I was laying on the floor while Jaejoong was holding onto me. Only then I out, I must had fainted from losing a lot of blood.  

 

End Flashback

 

I opened my eyes and studied my surrounding. Where the heck am I? what on earth am I wearing?

It was like an ancient cloth style, wore probably in the Josean era, have I gone back time?

I studied the room I was in and saw a middle age woman asleep right next to me. She looked tired, but I had to try to wake her up because she’s probably the only one who could actually tell me where exactly I am.

“Ahjumma.”No respond from her. I shook her body a little while calling her louder. I’m desperate; I need to know where I am.

“Ahjumma, please wake up.” Finally she woke up. She smiled while gently her hand started caressing my face.

“Finally, our Yoon Shik is awoken.” I looked at her puzzlingly, Yoon Shik? Who the hell is that? I looked around the room and saw nobody else but us, so is she actually was referring to me?

“Ahjumma can you tell me where am I?” I asked her when all out of a sudden; an old man entered the room. His face looked happy to see me but as soon as I asked the question, he started to yell at me.

“YAH!! You ignorant child, how could you called your eomeoni, ahjumma? Apologize to her now.”

“Eomeoni? Wait if she’s my mother then are you my father?” I asked him, since when I was born into this family.

“Finally your brain is starting to make any sense. That’s right I’m your abeoji.” He smiled while roughly hitting my back.

“Then my name is?” I asked him.

“Lee Yoon Shik. Yoon Shik eomeoni, I think your son hit his head really bad this time. Look he even forget who he is.” My suppose-to-be father said while my suppose-to-be mother continued smiling at me while she gently rubbing my sore head, did I hit my head there? Oh no, this can’t be happening to me, I mean how could time travelling ever become possible. I should probably be laying somewhere in the hospital right now and this is definitely not making any sense.

 

The Lee’s household

Dinner time

 

“Another one, eomeoni.” I hold out my bowl to her, asking for a refill in my bowl, it was my forth bowl. I guess I should be calling her eomeoni since she claimed to be the mother of Lee Yoon Shik. The food wasn’t really that bad, so I need to eat a lot in order to recover back my strength before figuring out how I can go back to the time I’m supposed to be.

“Aigo, our Yoon Shik seems to have a great appetite after waking up, you haven’t been eating this much before.” I could only manage to give her my million dollar smile, so this Yoon Shik guy isn’t a heavy eater, well to bad, because that is definitely going to change from now.

“Your right, if you can eat this much then I suppose you wouldn’t be having any problem in working with me again tomorrow now don’t you?” My suppose-to-be abeoji asked. Worked?

“Deh abeoji.” I couldn’t do anything else except from agreeing with whatever he said. Maybe I should stick around here for awhile before I finally figure out how to get back home.

  

That night I slept on the mattress that eomeoni had prepared from me. She is a really nice lady; I haven’t felt a mother love for a very long time, the same goes with abeoji. He really is a nice man. This Lee Yoon Shik guy is really is lucky but why did I ended up being in this man body in the first place? Well the fact that we both shared the same features probably the answer to it. His look is exactly the same as mine, the same height, face, built but the facts that he was wearing a hanbok and had his hair a little longer than mine were probably the only thing that distinguish us. It’s weird, I sort of found my long lost twin.

I closed my eyes and a thought occurred to me. Once, when I was little and training under my master, I thought how my life would be if I had a normal life. How would it felt like if my parents weren’t killed that night? How would I turn up to be? Well, definitely not as an assassin that’s for sure. And now it’s like the thought is actually becoming real. A wish that I never said it out loud suddenly being granted. I probably be living a dream life, a life I couldn’t imagine before. I just got another chance.

For a moment there I thought I was going to be happy, living here but then Yunho’s face appeared in my mind. No, I can’t stay here. I need to get back to Yunho, this is not where I belong to.   

 

Next morning,

 

So I finally found out what work abeoji was referring to last night. It was selling some vegetables that he harvested earlier that morning at the capital. Well, that’s not really a hard job to do I guess, a perfectly normal job. I pulled the wagon; he was too old to the job anyway, all the way to the capital while he followed me and gave me the direction along the way. We finally settled down at one of those flea markets and started to sell the goods. Well everything was going on accordingly until I spotted a figure, a male; he looked like he was holding something valuable while he was running passing in front of our wagon. I examined his face and that was definitely Kyuhyun. What the heck is he doing here? But then again it can’t be him, I mean he’s already died. Right?

 

“Thief!!! Catch that man.” A fat guy was chasing after him and just like an impulse, I took a piece of cloth to cover my face and grabbed some old piece of wood. I went after them, I didn’t know what came after me but I decided to help Kyuhyun.

The fat man finally had Kyuhyun cornered around by the buildings.

 

“You get nowhere to run anymore thief.” Oh no, you don’t! I jumped in front of Kyuhyun and shielding him from behind me while beating the fat guy. That guy was weak anyway, just a few times of whacking then he was out cold already, not dead, just passed out. Nice! I still got my skills. I looked behind me and saw Kyuhyun was amazed with my fighting skills, he was still holding that thing in his hand. I went closer to him and looked at the thing he was holding. It was only food. So that guy when after him because he stool some food. Heartless old man! I grabbed some money from my pocket and give it to Kyuhyun, maybe he needed it more than I do, and with that I left him. I’m glad that I was able to help him even in this different world.    

 

End Changmin’s POV

 

 

Kyu Bok’s POV

 

I was out for my usual routine, take from the rich and gave to the need, well at least that’s what I called it, instead of stealing. This country is so corrupted that there was nothing else left for us, the politician kept on taxing us, the police department only oppressed us a lot more, making us pay the ty tax. The king is only a puppet; he only paid us the blind eye, not noticing how his people had been suffering. The man behind all this no doubt was the Left State Prime Minister. He had everything under his tips. I hate him very much. If only I was gifted with a talent, then I will never hesitated to take his life away, he has caused a lot of grieves to the people in this country enough already.

 

Just as God had heard my pray, a man appeared in front of me, beating up the fat guy that was after me. He was covering his face so I couldn’t identify who he was, but judging on how he beat up the other guy, he’s definitely good at fighting. He even gave me some money before he left. How much of generosity can this man offer to me? He already saved me and now he’s even giving his money to me? I was so curious in finding out who he is, so I ended up following him.

I saw him meeting with an old man, probably his old man or something because the old man was scolding him while he was goofily smiled at the old man and bowed saying sorry. I stayed behind some building and watched their every move on that day. I was trying to decide on how I should first approach him. They said the first impression matter the most so I should try to look as descent as possible before I greeted them, I looked at the wore-out hanbok that I was wearing. There’s no way I would look more presentable that I’m already was, this is all I could afford of. I looked back at the spot where they were but they’ve gone. Oh no, I’ve lost them! Well, so I thought, but I was wrong.

“Cleary you have a nerve to be spying on me all day. What do you want?” He pulled my hands to behind my back and pinned me down. ! He noticed my presence and here I thought I was being as invisible as possible, guess I was wrong again.

“Wait, you’re that kid from the earlier, aren’t you?” He asked me again.

“Please don’t hurt me. I meant no harm. I’m simply just wanted to thank you for earlier, that’s all.” He released me, my wrists really felt hurt from where he grabbed, he really is strong, no kidding.

“My name is Kyu Bok, Cho Kyu Bok. What’s yours?” I started introducing myself.

“Changmin. No, Yoon Shik. Lee Yoon Shik.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Special thanks to: ChangMiRuu , suzukikasami , rilakumaA , LuciferGirl97 for commenting and all my subscribers. Thank you very much for your supporting comments, so I decided to continue this fiction...huhuhu^^ 

Do comment and subscribe....

This fiction is about to get a bit more complicated, I think...hehehe^^

suzukikasami@ hehehe I hope you like it, a little twist, Changmin gone back in time^^

 ChangMiRuu@ <(_ _)> ~bow~ thank you very much, I read all your comments, 10 of them and couldn't help but feeling thankful for having a reader like you, reading my fiction. Therefore, I'll continued. In this update, I made another changkyu moment. Homin moment should be coming up next...hehe ^^

rilakumaA@ thanks you so much for liking this, TT^TT I couldn't felt more touched than having others to appreciate my works. I love homin too, therefore I won't end it just yet. Do stay and read. This update would be more focus on the changkyu but I promise next update would be a little bit more on the homin couple. 

thanks to RedRose273 for subscribing