Abandoned

Making Connections

A/N- more flashback.

 


 

He could taste the bitter metallic flavor of blood in his mouth. He brought his hand up to his lips and looked at his trembling fingers. Blood coated his finger tips and he stared blankly at the deep crimson color. He was standing completely still not wanting to provoke the man in front of him anymore then he already has. The boy kept his head down, eyes covered by shaggy hair hiding his emotions. By now, his feelings were taught to be bottled shut in times of need.

“YAH! HOW DARE YOU IGNORE ME?”

SLAP!

Byunghun hadn’t even done anything wrong.  He just didn’t hear his appa’s call while he was doing his homework in his room. And now here was he was in the boy’s room about to beat him.

“Ji-ji-ji-wook stop! Don’t hurt him anymore!!” His umma screamed at her deranged husband.

Byunghun watched as his appa’s eyes darkened with anger. His gaze left the boy and now he was eying his umma who had just entered the room.

“Do not tell me what to do.” he spat with a vicious tongue.

His umma shuddered but didn’t back down. She rushed to Byunghun’s side and caressed his bruised face.

“Umma…leave. He might start hurting you too.” Byunghun whispered quietly.

His umma shook her head stubbornly. She wasn’t going to leave her son alone.

“No. I will never leave you alone.” She stated boldly to him.

Suddenly a strong hand gripped his umma’s shoulder causing her to yelp in pain. His appa roughly shoved her to the ground and kicked her in the stomach forcing her to stay where she was thrown. That left Byunghun defenseless.

BAM!

Byunghun was punched in the face making him stumble onto the ground. He began biting his bottom lip muffling his grunts and cries as his appa started kicking him. His foot kicked at his stomach, face, thighs. He even stomped on his arm creating a large cracking sound.

“uuurgh!” Byunghun cringed. His eyes hurt from holding in his tears.

“You little piece of . You are nothing! If you weren’t alive I could have been happier!” He ranted at his son.

The boy didn’t say a word. He never did. All he could do was wait until his appa tired himself out. Being abused like the way he was made him feel like a rag doll. He felt like a toy. He was pulled up from the ground and harshly slammed back down. His appa pulled on his hair and pushed his face on the floor making the little spots of blood on the floor smear on his face. He groaned. The pain was unbelievable. He thought he should have been used to this by now but the beatings were something one could never get used too. It’s been four years since his appa lost his job. Ever since then he had been coming home drunk and angry, coming home ready to abuse his own wife and kid. They wanted to leave their hostile environment, but they couldn’t. The only people they could go to was there family from his umma’s side in America. Unfortunately his appa thought about that and cut all ties that they had with any money whatsoever so they couldn’t fly there. He threatened that if they ever left he would kill them. Byunghun was twelve now. He was still so young and small. But his childhood was over. He wasn’t allowed out of the house anymore except to go to school and even when he did go to school he was quiet and didn’t talk to anybody. Niel was most devastated when Byunghun stopped talking to him. He always kept trying but eventually he just stopped. Byunghun was alone. He had nobody except his umma who promised to never leave him.

“You like that don’t you, you er” he smirked evilly as he grinded his foot on Byunghun’s head.

Byunghun moaned in pain. He was aching all over. He noticed from the corner of his eye his umma getting up slowly. He wanted to tell her to get away but he was too gasped out of air. It was knocked out of him.

“s-stop.” She said with a hint of desperation.

His appa took his foot off of him. Byunghun flinched. His umma was in trouble. His appa grabbed a book from the young one’s desk (LIKE A HUGE DICTIONARY OK!!!) and walked slowly towards her menacingly. Fear froze her where she was sitting on the ground. She shut her eyes waiting for the blow but it didn’t come. She opened her eyes to see her son in front of her protecting her. Tears stung her eyes.

“You asked for it.” He snarled and with that he whammed the heavy book to his head.

Byunghun fell on his side. An ear piercing cry emitted from the poor boys lips as he clutched his bleeding head. His appa hit him with the corner of the book hard… and straight at his head. His appa laughed at his son’s pain. His umma covered scared and she shivered at the sight. Byunghun squirmed on the ground. He started crying, it was too much to hold in. He felt as if his head was on fire.

“hgggnh! Ahhhh….”he moaned

“Byunghun!” his umma cried

She rushed to cover her son’s head. Blood quickly began to pool on the ground. She panicked. Her breathing quickened as she watched Byunghun bleed.

“You! L-look at what you did!” she sobbed at her husband “it’s all your fault!”

He backed away toward the door. The amount of blood scared him. The strong smell of metal wafted in the air. The blood now soaked in the carpet creating a dark red ground. He ran out the door.

“c-c-coward” Byunghun mumbled before he out.

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Baby? Byunghun sweetie?”

Byunghun woke up to the sweet voice of his umma.

“Huh? What?” he muttered confused.

He looked around. Seeing tubes and wires hooked up onto him and all around him freaked him out. His arm was in a cast and he had bandages on his body and head. He jolted up about to get out of the pure white bed he was laying in but a calming hand kept him down.

“Sweetie, we’re in the hospital.” She smiled comfortingly

He noticed the dark rings around her eyes. How tired his umma looked right now was depressing. He promised to take of his umma after the day it all began and seeing the state she was in made it seem as if he failed. He gripped on her shirt tightly and stared at his lap. He began trembling.

“Shhhh… its ok baby. Shhhhh… it’s alright.” She caressed his bandaged cheek and wiped his eyes.

Byunghun was crying. His tough façade he had put up to keep himself strong and protect his umma was gone. He was fragile and was broken. Tears streamed down his face and his rough sobs choked out of his burning throat. His umma gently kept his back, for that was all she could do then.

“Umma…umma…” he cried

“Shhhh…. Everything’s is going to be fine now baby. He’s gone.” She whispered

Byunghun looked at his umma’s eyes in astonishment. After four years of hell, he had finally decided to leave them…Finally. Byunghun couldn’t help but sob harder. But this time in relief.

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Byunghun! I’m going to miss you so much!” Niel said as he hugged his friend at the airport.

After he had healed, when he got out of the hospital his umma surprised him with someone. She had invited Niel to see him leave the hospital. Byunghun cried again then. His friend, no his best friend, had come to see him after four years of loneliness. For those past couple of months, Byunghun told Niel about his dad. Everything. And Niel accepted it and wanted to be there for his friend this time. He comforted him and brought life back into the boy who lost everything. Byunghun had Niel again. But now his umma wanted to move to America. She wanted to be with family.

They were at the airport. Niel and Byunghun were saying their goodbyes with teary eyes.

“Promise me we’ll keep in touch okay??” Niel said as he squeezed the life out of the other

“Yeah!” Byunghun smiled.

They hugged one last time before they had to part.

“Let’s go sweetie. Cmon!” His umma called

"Promise to come back and stay at my place anytime!!" Niel screamed

Byunghun laughed. He smiled at Niel again.

 


 

 

 

A/N

 

I’m sorry…. OTL I feel like this was such an ugly chapter to write. *bangs head on wall*

I’m sorry for those who hate what’s happening to Byunghun! His dad’s a ! >:(

Also to those who don’t like angst sorry for adding that in there! Please don’t unsubscribe! People keep unsubbing...it makes me sad :(

If this is getting too boring or confusing please comment! I will try my best to fix it!!

So yeah… Byunghun’s dad just left. And Niel knows what happened. And now he and his mom are moving to America. Things seem happy…for now.

I think there will be one more flash back chapter then it’s back to Chunji

! Please hang in there for those who hate it! But to those who love it…Thanks XD

Look forward to the next chapter!

Thank you to my subscribers! You make my day shine and updates faster! Lol

Please feel free to comment and subscribe!

Love you all!

 

 

PICS~

 

 

 

 

BYE~