>>Chapter 43

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

Sehun stepped out of the door to the room reluctantly before taking one last look at Nana. When he left that room, he had decided to leave her. He knew that it was useless to have hope that he actually had a chance.

Without truly loving someone with their everything, who would jump in to sacrifice themselves? Without really caring for someone, why would they risk giving up there lives just for the safety of the other?

Sehun lifelessly limped his way towards the closest chairs to sit on, which was a few chairs set in front of the front desk. Because he was looking towards the floor, he didn't see where he was going.

"No! Of course not, I'll-- aah!!" a nurse was walking down the hallway with her phone stuck between her shoulder and her ear, while trying to flip through her clipboard that was full of documents and records of the patients.

As clumsy as she was, she tripped over her two feet and her hands went flailing into the air as her clipboard flew...

and landed smack on poor sehun's head.

and he landed on the ground, he knocked out immediately.

and her phone then landed right into sehun's limp hands.

"Oh. My. God." the nurse whispered, on the ground forgetting that she would probably have a major back ache later on because after all, she had a new patient to take care of. Plus, this patient would probably be more in pain if he just had been conscious.

"Uh... uh.." She slowly got up to her feet, not knowing what to do. Call Dr. Hyun? No, no, no. As an inexperienced nurse, she would get in serious trouble for creating a havoc when there were other sever patients to take care of. After all, she was sure he would wake up after a nap.

She looked around for help and when she realized no one was around, she looked at sehun's body sprawled on the ground and sighed. A minute later, she was dragging Sehun's body across the hallway, searching for an empty room. For every step she took, a little grunt escaped .

"Why do you have such long legs?" she internally weeped. Her lips formed a firm line as she decided that she could do this. It was her job to aid those who were sick, disabled, or... unconscious in this case.

She looked up at the room numbers and her face lit up when she finally reached an empty room. She used her feet to slide the door open and she stepped into the room, one foot at a time. Just before she reached the cot, her legs gave away and she stumbled forward and half of Sehun's body landed on the mattress.

And she was on the floor, wanting to go cry in a corner or something. "What did I do to deserve this..." she sniffed. The sound of the clock ticking brought her back to her senses and she bolted up. She put her arms under Sehun's looong legs and with a heave, she placed them on top of the mattress.

"Aigo, aigo. My back.." she groaned as she cracked her back in places she never thought she could. Midway, she froze in her spot and slowly glanced at Sehun who was peacefully "sleeping," and she hung her head.

How could she, a nurse, cause someone to become unconscious when she should be treating them?

She went to the cabinet and reached for the blanket before walking over to Sehun to cover him. Placing it over him, she firmly tucked it into the bottom of his feet before straightening it out over his waist.

That's when she noticed him. Not just the fact that she had knocked him out or that she had carried his long and heavy body across the hallway. She actually noticed him; his sharp nose, his thin lips, and his forehead that was attractive. Don't ask.

Her heart thumped a bit, or maybe she imagined it. She didn't know. She quickly turned around to leave the room, her face flushed. Suddenly, a hand grabbed her wrist, and she yelped, turning around again. He was on the bed, eyes open as he looked at her with an unreadable expression. He looked worn out, and she guessed it was because he had stayed up for the patient he was visiting at the hospital.

Her eyes dropped to his hands on her wrist. "Uhhh.." she didn't know what to say. Her heart was definitely beating quickly.

"Oh.. I'm sorry. I thought you were someone I knew." Sehun muttered, disappointment written across his face, and her face fell.

"That's... alright. I hope you're feeling better now. I'll uh, be leaving now." she forced a smile. She didn't know why she was feeling so ashamed and stupid right now.

When she left, Sehun sighed. He last remembered bumping into someone in the hallway on his way outside. That left him remembering how he first met Nana. He had bumped into her as well. When he woke up, he saw a retreating figure as her back was facing him. His mind suddenly thought it was Nana who was leaving him, and in panic, he had grabbed for her so that she wouldn't leave him.

But of course, he knew she had already left him.

He looked at the door where the nurse had just left. He figured that it was her who he had bumped into and had brought him here. *She must be nice like Nana.* his lips slowly curved into a smile.


--

Baekhyun sat in his office, head in his arms. It had only been a day since he had last seen Nana. Since he had regained his memories. To him, it seemed like forever.

Sooyoung stuck her head in the door. "Baekhyun-ssi? The Kim Corporation sent more documents for you to look over and sign."

"What did I say about knocking?" he groaned.

"I did, sir." she looked at him with confused eyes. "Would you like me to make you some coffee, sir?" she asked.

*That was always Nana's job.* he sighed. "It's fine. You can go now." She bowed and left the room after leaving the documents on his desk. Even after all that drama with him getting injured (which still hurt), regaining his memory, and seeing Nana in a coma, that still didn't excuse him from taking a break from work.

He looked at the document that was still warm from printing only a few moments ago to the piles and piles of work to be done next to him on the floor, hidden from Sooyoung's eyes. He really needed to get another assistant while Nana was... temporarily not here.

His phone on his table vibrated and that broke his train of thought. "Suho" read the caller ID. He picked up.

"What's up?"

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Baekhyun could see Suho sheepishly scratching the back of his head.

"Terrible for the past few days. What about you?"

"I've actually been looking for a job..."

"Eh? Why would you want to look for a job, hyung?"

"It's not for me, but for Hyunwoo. He's staying at my place and he insists on working so he's not a burden. Other places won't accept him because he doesn't have an educational background, although I say he's smarter than others his age. He has lots of common sense, that kid."

"Hyunwoo?"

"He's the kid who was with Jun at the warehouse."

"That jerk? Shouldn't he be in jail?" Baekhyun scoffed.

"You wouldn't know cuz you knocked out. We found him in the warehouse, and he basically stabbed Jun; probably trying to help you two. Besides, he told me his story and it seems he's Nana's childhood friend." Suho proudly stated.

Hmm. Nana's friend/savior? That seemed good enough for Baekhyun. "Alright then. I needed a personal assistant anyways."

"You mean that really annoying job of yours?" Suho gaped.

"Hey, you asked for a job. I have a job open. Leave it or take it."

"...I'll take it."

"Okay! He can start working tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!"

"Yep. If you don't mind, I've got tons of work to be finished so I'll be expecting him tomorrow!" Baekhyun hung up, smiling.

He back at the towering stacks of paper. Well, at least one problem was solved.


Hey guys! Sorry for the delay; it's been a really stressed month x.x

Anyways, thanks for supporting this fic and I was really energized by the comments last chapter ^^ I'm nearing 400 subbies so that's something to look forward to [;

I feel like I'm getting really boring -.- or is it just me? blech. Idk.

 

aaand. My friend started a new fic! It'd be awesome if you checked it out! I think it's an interesting plot haha(O:

What If