>>Chapter 34

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

AN: I felt that you guys didn't really get the connection, cuz the gap of the chapters are big, but remember at the end of chapter 23, baekhyun mentioned the people and they're planning things right? well, that's the creepy dude. if you're confused, all will be explained soon (:
------


You checked your phone for the nth time that morning. When all you saw was the background of your phone that showed the date Saturday, December 8, your shoulders slumped as a sigh escaped your mouth. You opened your inbox  just in case you had overlooked it.



To: Bus Eyesmile
Sehun-ssi, what happened? I was really worried when you left last night. Please tell me you're okay..
Sent Friday, December 7



*I wonder if Sehun got my message last night. He didn't reply after that which is unusual. He usually replies right away..* You tossed your phone to the table in front of you and slumped deeper into the couch. As the sun reflected on it, your eye caught the bright sparkle of your cellphone keychain which reminded you of yesterday.

"I wonder what was up. It's not like Sehun to be upset like that..." you trailed off as his words repeated in your head. Do you love him? Do you?

Yesterday, you had just been about to respond with "Sehun-ssi, I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean." when he had cut you off and bolted to his car, leaving you dumbfounded.

Your phone suddenly vibrated, pulling you back into reality. Thinking/hoping it was Sehun, you jumped up from your seat and snatched your phone.



From: RLAB Mobile
Just as a reminder, the deadline for your monthly payment was yesterday. Please make sure you get it in as soon as possible. Thank you.




Groaning, you tossed your phone back on the table and allowed yourself to slowly fall into a laying position on the sofa, which felt very soothing.

To be honest, you couldn't sleep very well yesterday night as you thought about what had happened. His pained expression. His question. The keychain. Well, you were never good at math and couldn't add two and two for your life, let alone 1 + 1 + 1.

Okay. Maybe 1 + 1. Baekhyun held the other half of the keychain meaning Sehun was referring to him in his question.

*Me? Love that egoistic jerk? The one who's caked with eyeliner? The one who always bosses me around with that high-pitched voice of his? I came to Seoul to find my Bacon and I got some snobby CEO in return.* You scoffed, thinking about those times when he would yell at you to get some coffee. Or when he would keep you in his office 24/7 and your would be endlessly be sore. Or when he just simply bugged you with presence.

For the second darn time during the last 5 minutes, your cellphone vibrated. again. "If it's the stupid electricity bill reminder, I swear I will--"

Evil Bacon.

was what the caller ID read.

*Why is this room suddenly so hot? I thought I the air conditioner this morning.* You hastily picked up your phone as your cheeks flushed a rosy pink.


"What." you answered.

"Yah. Is that how you greet your boss?" you could already just see him smirking.

"Mwo? Just get to your point." you blew your bangs.

"Anywho, meet me in my office in 30 minutes. One second late and I'm gonna cut your paycheck~" he whistled teasingly.

"Mwo?! But it's a Saturday! Working on the weekends was not mentioned in the contract!"

"It's not for working, aish. Just come, okay?" and just like that, he hung up.


Baekhyun=1000 ; You=0
You sighed, and you dragged yourself off the couch, and it creaked as if to tell you to stay.

"You see, I wish I can stay with you but it seems as if ddong-nim needs me. See, he doesn't admit it but I'm just pretty awesome." You optimistically flipped your hair as you skipped off to your room to get ready to leave.

Maybe, just maaaaaybe. You were looking forward to your meeting with your annoying, snobbish boss.

-------

Baekhyun pressed the end button on his screen quickly before you could reply with a smart comeback. "Whew." He put a hand over his chest, sighing in relief. Task Number One down, two more to go.

Give you the darn present. and then covering it up with some excuse that was anything but the truth.

Baekhyun glanced around to check if anyone was coming before he slowly wheeled back in his chair as he slid open a drawer in his desk. A small, black box with a smooth material was placed on top of the many piles of paperwork, paperwork, and more paperwork.

He grasped the edges of the box with both his hands, tenderly picking it up and placing it on top of his glass desk. It was small enough to fit in a necklace, and indeed it was a necklace that was held inside.

It was a simple necklace. On the end of a thin silver chain was a star that was adorned with sparkling jewels. In the center of the star was a carved moon and it seemed as if the star was cradling the moon.
(Boys Over Flowers anyone?? [x)

Holding the box (that held the necklace, of course) out in front of him, Baekhyun cocked his head to one side as he observed the necklace. Then the other side.

"She'll like it, right? I mean, she has to!" he murmured to himself...

before facepalming himself. "Of course she'll like it. She even said it was pretty in Japan. Duh, Baekhyun."

Yes. He had gotten this necklace in Japan when he had went on a business trip with you. (Refer to end of Chapter 25) After you had run off, he had felt sorry when he realized that it wasn't your fault that he had separated because after all, you hadn't even realized that he was gone.

That was when he noticed the twinkling necklace on the table that you had marveled over. Not wanting to lose you again, baekhyun had quickly bought the necklace to give to you.

But of course, his pride refused to crumble and there the necklace lay. Not in the hands, or neck for this instance, of the rightful owner.

Now that he felt as if he liked you (yes. The almighty Byun Baekhyun wasn't sure if he really liked you or not), he decided that he give you the necklace as a present. Oh, he would give you the excuse of how "his mom gave it to him, but he didn't want to throw it away so he's throwing it away to you."

His plan seemed perfect.

He shut the cover of the box and placed it down on his desk, pulling out his phone. He checked the time. *She should be here soon. She doesn't live far from here.* Putting his phone next to the box, he shifted back into his swivel chair, humming a tune as he waited for your arrival.

Not long after, he heard a soft knock on his door. *Weird, Han Nana isn't someone to knock. She would bolt right in and yell at me for calling her on a Saturday morning.* Nevertheless, he bolted from his seat and fixed his tie.

"Oppa?" a high-pitched voice called.

Crap. That was definitely not Han Nana's voice.

"Oppa!" The door swung wide open revealing a bubbly Jessica as she ran to him, arms outstretched. When he looked at her in disgust, she halted right in front of him and awkwardly pulled the hem of her skirt that was way too short for his liking after he met you.

"Umm. Abeonim told me that you would be here in your office so I came. Hehe. Oh, and he made sure that you won't be able to get rid of me." She chuckled and clutched the strap of her purse as she looked around the office.

*You call that man of a dad "abeonim" now? Tsk. Since you two match so well, both of you can go to hell together.* Baekhyun mentally cursed. The fact that you were supposed to be there didn't help at all.

His phone vibrated against the side of the box creating a loud buzzing noise. Suddenly brightening up, he was 99.9% sure it was from you, telling him you were now here so you could save him from this Jasmine. Jessie or whatever.

He checked his phone and his smile curved upside down as his father's name flashed on the screen. ugh.

 



I told Jessica to go see you because you haven't been meeting with her at all. If her dad cancels this wedding, I swear I will kick you off to the streets to rot. I better not hear that you rejected her today. You hear me?

 

 

Double ugh.

"Oppa, what is this?" Baekhyun turned around to tell her not to call him oppa when he froze. In Jessica's hand was the black box.

Triple crap.

She opened it with her manicured nails and she gasped. "Oppa! Is this for me?" Before Baekhyun could say anything, she pulled the necklace out of its place and immediately put it on herself, knowing that he surely wouldn't do it for her.

Holding the necklace that was resting above her chest, she flashed him a huge teethy grin that was nearly wicked. "Aww oppa. You're so sweet. You didn't have to." and she attacked him with a big hug that caught him in surprise.

Before he could wrench her filthy arms off him, he heard....





"Baekhyun..." hearing the familiar voice, he snapped his head towards the door and there you stood, grabbing the door knob til your knuckles turned white. Jessica smirked in triumph.

Qua-triple crap.

 

------

/drumroolll

I'm back!! haha. I took so long writing this chapter cuz I haven't worked on it for so long mehe forgive me. ^^

Thank you all for waiting so patiently for me ;___; I'm so touched that even while I was gone for 343278 years, people subscribed (there's over 300 subbies now :'D) AND 7 upvotes?! Gosh, I love you all. I really, really, thank/appreciate it.

P.S. I can't seem to get rid of the previous chapter which bugs me -,.- That one fake chapter in between all the real ones. Am I the only one that gets bugged by it? .-.