>>Chapter 33

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

"Hyung?" baekhyun slumped down in the couch in his office. Today was one of those rare days where baekhyun had nothing to do and had called the rest of Exo-K.

Suho was circling in the big black swivel chair while chanyeol and kai were telling each other what they called "funny" jokes. Sehun was in his own little world while he skipped around the room. D.O. you ask? He had to run around with Sehun, trying to clean up after him, making sure he didn't break anything.

Thanks to D.O., he had saved baekhyun several hundred wons.

"Hmm?" Suho replied while continuing to twirl in his chair.

"You know that feeling where there's something in your stomach?" baekhyun questioned.

"Uhh.. like your undigested food?"

"Ew! No!" he scrunched his nose.  "You know.. when you feel something fluttery in your stomach?"

"Mhm."

"and the room suddenly gets hot when you see someone?"

"Mhm."

"and your heart feels like it's gonna burst when you see that person?"

"Mhm."

"...what is that?"

"Mhm."

"Hyung! Were you listening?!" at the sudden raise of voice, suho stopped spinning and blinked innocently at baekhyun. "What?" he asked and baekhyun sighed.

Sehun suddenly plopped down next to baekhyun, slinging his arms around his shoulders. "That, my friend, is called love." he gazed at the ceiling and smiled, thinking about you. What baekhyun described was exactly what sehun felt around you.

"Since when were you so cheesy?" baekhyun joked, as he brushed off sehun's arms. "and it's hyung to you, dork." he added a flick on the forehead. Sehun pouted, rubbing his forehead.

Baekhyun quietly thought about what sehun said. Love? Ha. No way. There was no possible way the Byun Baekhyun had fallen in love with Han Nana.

"but I don't love--" baekhyun paused.

or did he?

To be honest, when he pictured a world without you, he always felt a pang in his heart that told him it wasn't right. it couldn't be right. He pictured your twinkling eyes that seemed to shine as if there was no 'OFF' button. Your light pink lips that always curved up in a smile.

and there it was again. The crazy beating of his heart. Could it really be love?

but his mind told him otherwise. Byun Baekhyun didn't know what the word 'love' really meant. Maybe it was what happened in movies. or books. or fanfics. but it had never happened once in Byun Baekhyun's life. How could he know when it actually hit him? or even worse, how could he believe it?

"So who is this lady who managed to capture byun baekhyun's heart?" kai smirked, poking baekhyun, who blushed unknowingly.

"Ooh! Lemme guess! It's Nana!" Chanyeol blurted. He and Kai high-fived each other, as if it was meant as a joke and cracked up again. but baekhyun simply blushed and sehun noticed it.

"And I bet that's who has the other pair to this!" Kai held up baekhyun's phone which revealed the dangling cellphone chain from japan. They burst into laughter again from their "joke." Baekhyun choked and Sehun raised his eyebrows, clearly not liking his reactions.

"I have to go somewhere." Sehun immediately got up and reached for his jacket, leaving the room. Kai and Chanyeol were busy being chased by baekhyun, and Suho was the only one who noticed him go, who glanced at sehun with a worried expression. Well, maybe except for D.O. who had to dive to catch the falling vase from the impact of the door slamming.

"Damnit. Damnit. Damnit!" Sehun's anger grew as he grew more insecure. He started the car engine hastily and slammed on the pedal, causing the car to lurch forward.

Back in the room, he was almost certain that what Chanyeol said was true. Nana was the one. The way Baekhyun reacted, it could only make sense. Yet, he didn't want to believe it, because he wanted to make Nana his. Not baekhyun's. Not anyone else.

and if it was true that you held the other half of the couple keychain... well, sehun decided not to jump to conclusions yet.

The light changed to green and sehun sped up. Luckily, the lane was completely empty or there might have been several accidents that day. In no less than five minutes, sehun arrived in front of your apartments.

"Sehun-ssi?" you gasped. You opened your door expecting to find the landlady, but found Sehun. You looked down at your hello kitty pajama, and immediately tried to cover it with the door.

"What are you doing here?" you asked and he stared back at you. You didn't see the shining twinkle in his eyes, but there was a desperate and confused look in his eyes.

"I need to confirm something." before you could question him, he demanded,"Can I see your phone?"

"My phone? Wh--"

"Just please. Don't ask." he ran his hand through his hair and you nodded. You went to the living room table and picked up your phone. You went back to the door where sehun was waiting anxiously.

You quietly handed him the phone, confused about what was happening. Right away, Sehun noticed the pink cellphone keychain...

that looked exactly like the one baekhyun had.

For a second, he was speechless. *It might not mean anything to her, right?*

"What is it, Sehun-ssi?" you were starting to worry now. You've never seen Sehun this tense, and you didn't like it one bit.

"Do you love him?" he suddenly blurted and you were taken aback. "W-what do you m-mean." you blinked. "Do you?" he whispered quietly, but you heard it, and you felt the guilt clawing you at the inside.

"Sehun-ssi, I'm so--" he held up his hand, cutting you off. He turned around and slumped back to his car. He heartlessly closed the door to his car and he slowly started the engine. Tears threatened to pour out, but he remained expressionless.

Your frozen figure was only a reflection in the mirror now as Sehun drove past. He turned and stopped at a curb where he wouldn't be visible to you. He banged his head on the wheel and felt warm drops falling down his cheeks.

It hurt. A lot.

*I lost even before it started. I was too late.*

 

------

don't cry, sehun-ah T^T I'LL BE HERE FOR YOUUUU

but omo. did i make it too dramatic? or weird? ugh. i feel like i did a crappy job in this chapter. x.x

i'm sorry guys for having you read all that. x.x

 

and did i ever tell you how much i love you all? <3 you guys are the best. continue to comment and make my day, yes? [; /nudge nudge