>>Chapter 41

My and Byun baekhyun's temporary love.

Hyunwoo had been witnessing everything that was happening in the warehouse and he didn't like it one bit. But what could he do? He was nothing. and he hated that.

Why couldn't he be a normal boy who woke up everyday to go to school, chat with friends, and do homework? Sure, he had studied by himself without Jun knowing but he was still lonely.

As he saw Jun raise the chair above his head towards Baekhyun and Nana's mouth forming an 'o' as she shouted, he was only able to watch. Then everything happened in slow motion. Nana had somehow gotten closer to Baekhyun and as every second passed by, Hyunwoo's eyes began to get wetter..

and wetter.

For that moment, in his eyes Nana wasn't Nana anymore and Baekhyun wasn't Baekhyun. To him, it was a scene more than ten years ago replaying in his mind.

Hyunwoo knew that Nana wouldn't get to Baekhyun in time. Baekhyun would be fatally wounded and taken away...

just like it had been ten years ago.

But as Nana successfully reached Baekhyun before the chair had hit him, Hyunwoo gasped. He was frozen in shock as silent tears trailed down his cheeks.

That was when the sickening sound of wood and bones breaking was heard, but that didn't enter Hyunwoo's ears. It was the shrill scream that triggered something in his mind.

"Umma. Appa. No." he whispered before rushing to the pile of unconscious bodies.

Jun noticed his presence and turned to him, "Th-they're unconscious. I think I've done m-more than enough so we can g-go--" Jun took a sharp breath when he felt something enter his skin and the pain that came after was unbearable.

Hyunwoo was holding the blade and his eyes still wet, widened as he realized what he had done.  He wouldn't have known what to do when suddenly the door bust open. He let go of the handle as he didn't trust his shaking hands.

As the Exo-K boys rushed inside with the policemen, Hyunwoo allowed himself to slump to the ground as he stared off with empty eyes. He honestly didn't know why he did that.

Maybe it was because he hadn't been able to save his parents the day he and his dad were taken away.

Or maybe because all these years he was hiding and holding in his frustration because of his fear.

Or maybe because he knew that the only way to free him and his dad was to get rid of Jun, although Hyunwoo didn't have the heart to do that. After all, he knew that although he was scary and all, Jun was just someone who was hurt.

Before he knew it, a shadow loomed over him and he turned around to find someone looking at him with the widest eyes he'd ever seen. Without realizing it, Hyunwoo blurted something that was the first thought in his mind. Then the rest of Exo-K had rushed over and D.O. escorted him out the door, while Hyunwoo seemed to be having a hard time.

Throughout the car ride, it was very awkward. Like. extreeemely awkward. He was taking Sehun's seat in the car because Sehun had desperately volunteered to go in the ambulance when they said only one could go.

Kai was silently half glaring, half staring at him and it was. what's the word. uncomfortable... times 100.

"Um. Do you know where we're going?" Hyunwoo quietly asked Suho.

"Unfortunately, we're heading to the police station. I didn't want you to go through the process but I guess we don't have a choice." and hyunwoo froze. Was this it? Was he going to prison and never get to see his father or mother again? Was all of his years of suffering for nothing?

"Don't worry. We're going to get you out of it though." D.O. smiled at him. For the first time after the whole incident, Hyunwoo felt safe. sorta.

Once they reached the police station along with the police car in front of them, Hyunwoo watched as Jun was dragged into the building. *At least I'm not being dragged just like him.* he thought. "Let's get this over with." Chanyeol put his arm over his shoulders and led him in after the rest.

Preparing for the worst, Hyunwoo head in only to find that he was being interrogated. When Suho noticed his puzzled look, he whispered to him, "It was only self defense and you didn't kill him so you're safe." Hyunwoo took a deep breath as a great weight was lifted from his shoulders.

After about half an hour of questions bombarded at him, Hyunwoo was exhausted. When he left the room, only Suho was waiting outside and the rest had left. After all, it was extremely late. Which explained why Suho's head was dangerously low as it bobbed up and down and resulted in banging into the desk which surprised the police officer behind the desk. Giving the officer a sheepish grin, he finally turned his head and saw Hyunwoo.

"Oi! Over here!" Suho waved as if Hyunwoo hadn't noticed him for the past minute. Not having the energy to smile, Hyunwoo simply trudged over to him as Suho got up. As they exited the station, Suho whistled as he twirled his car keys around his finger. Suho sat in the drivers seat while Hyunwoo tried to go to the back when..

"Oh yeah. You probably don't want to sit in the back now. It's reaaally sticky right now." he muttered with a frown on his face.

"Oh. Right. Haha." Hyunwoo awkwardly smiled and got into the passengers seat.

"So. Where do I need to drop you off?"

"Uhh.. I slept in the office.." Suho immediately understood and looked sorry.

"Oh. then umm. I guess I don't have a choice do I?" he started backing out of his parking space.

"Huh?" Hyunwoo looked at him.

"I guess I'll have to take you to my house for the night!" Suho grinned.

Oh boy.

 

-------

hello!!! how are you guys? I'm doing very tired. LOL. cross country started and I'm so pooped out these days. my eyes are always like ㅡㅡ cuz I'm so tired lolol.