The first kiss

I Offer You My True Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hiroki was looking for Maki everywhere since this morning, he called her last night again to confirm whether Maki known the reason why he approached her. Whether she known that Masami is behind why their marriage will happen.  He doesn’t get any call or message back from her; this is the first time ever she reacts to him like this. They never fought once in their relationship, even though he sometimes give her a hard time due to Masami, Maki never complaint anything to him. Her attitude is totally opposite Masami, he never speak about Maki in front of Masami. He already given warned by Masami, to only speak about Maki in front of her when only she asked.

There are times that Hiroki starts to think other side when Masami talk bad about Maki, but Masami always succeed in convincing him that Maki have unsettled business with her in the pass. For what he seen Maki is not the type that will stole someone else lover, she not the type that will destroy someone else life. But his love towards Masami never let him shaken his feeling. He always convinces himself that people can act in front others and change their personality to cheat others and maybe Maki is one of those people.

He gets into Maki’s house but the door is locked, he tried to look below the mat and vase but none of spare keys found. He calls for Maki name several times but no one answer him. He then pulls out his phone and dialed Maki’s phone again, but still no answer. He dialed the phone again but this time it is to Masami.

“Masami, she is gone!”

“What?”

“Maki! She is gone! I called her several times but she didn’t pick it up.”

“You checked her house?”

“I’m at her house, she is not here!”

“Well, actually my boss was asking me the same question. He said that he received a resignation letter from Maki by mail.”

“Resignation?”

“Yes, I’ve checked the letter. It has Maki signature.”

“Why would she resign? Does it mean she know about us?”

“If she knows about us, shouldn’t she attack one of us?”

“It is just weird, some guy warning me to leave her yesterday and she is missing today?”

“It’s nothing!”

“Maybe she is too sad. What if she kills herself?”

“Hiroki! Stop speculating! “

“It might be happening! We need to find her before..”

“Before what? Don’t tell me you worried her?”

“No…no..I mean..I mean what if she told somebody else? We might get caught for marriage cheating.”

“Stop looking for her!”

“But..”

“I said stop! I will try calling some of her friends. But you no need to care about her anymore. Understands?”

“Umm.”

“I didn’t hear you!”

“Yes, dear!”

Hiroki pull down his phone from his ear, his steps finally stop. His heart start to hurt, which only get hurt by Masami action but this time Maki manage to get his heart attention. His eyes go back to Maki’s house, from now he can only look at the house with his cat likes eyes. He knows what will the defect if he goes objecting Masami’s order.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Maki sits on a huge rock at the beach, after having the breakfast with her fake husband who was busy with the newspaper she immediately withdraws from the veranda. Her head is really messed up right now; she doesn’t even know where to start thinking.

“How come mother never mention about him being a gambler? But mother never talked bad about him.”

Maki scratch her head and shake her hair with her both hands. She never gets the image of her father being someone who is fool enough to enter the gambling world. She have looks her father as someone who knew his pride, he just don’t have time with her family. Actually, he never had been there for their family. Not when her mother going in and out of the hospital, not when she graduate from her college and not even when her brother graduate from high school and most importantly not when her mother died. Even though she always said that she hate her father but inside of her she always hope that he will come back but when she never see her until her mother funeral, at that time she swear she will never forgive him again. Yet, here she is settling the debt of her hateful father.

What is she going to do now; their inheritance was just the house that she manages to buy with her mother last saving. But she can’t sell the house since her brother already asked h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter