Chapter 11

I Offer You My True Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yamapi quickly sit on the chair, his stomach is crying to be feed.  He knows Maki is still looking at him with a very sharp gaze, he also knows that he needs to tell her the truth but not today. The situation outside is still unstable, it still can be dangerous to her. His hand slowly reaches out for the newspaper; he immediately turns it to page 23 and his eyes catches column number 3 and there it is as always but the words didn’t sound like it should be. Out of nowhere Yamapi call out for Mr. Asuka loudly, Mr. Asuka is the one who will always bought the necessity for the island including the newspapers. Maki who is still standing beside the table is shock with a sudden dash from Yamapi.

“Stay here! Don’t do anything stupid! Understand?”

Maki just blinking her eyes with wrinkle on her forehead showing how confuses she is toward Yamapi’s word. 

“Understand?”

This time Yamapi raise up his voice a little bit, his both hands are squeezing Maki’s upper hand. Maki just stunts but quickly nodding her head even though she still didn’t understand the situation. With that, Yamapi run toward the beach with newspaper on his hand calling out Mr. Asuka name once again.

 __________________________________________________________________________________

“May I help you guys?”

“We are looking for Horikita Maki, I understood that she is working here?”

“Yes, but she quit a week ago. “

“Quit?”

The two men in black seem surprise with Emi’s answer, they were sure that they will find her in the building.

“May we know why?”

“I didn’t know the detail.”

“So, where she works now?”

“We kind a loss contact with her.”

“Then, may we talk to your supervisor?”

“He is not around for this week, he only in next Tuesday.”

“Well, if he comes back please give him this card and ask him to contact us as soon as possible.”

Emi only nod her head showing that she got the message.

“May I know why you are looking for Maki?”

“I’m afraid that is confidential to discuss, excuse us then.”

Emi raise her eyebrow and only send the two men with her eyes till they disappeared from her view.

“Hey, who are they?”

Masami starts to ask Emi when she heard Maki name was mention between Emi and the two guesses.

“They want to know where Maki is.”

“What for?”

“That’s the weird thing, they said it is confidential. Is Maki involved in some crime?”

“Maki? In crime?”

“They look like a police or FBI. Great! Now I need to face our supervisor again for this card.”

“You know what, let me help you with that.”

“Really?”

“Yup.”

“Thanks a lot. I will prepare a huge gift for your wedding day then.”

“It’s better be huge or else…”

Both of the girls laugh for their small talk, Masami is close to everyone in the office that everyone didn’t even know her true self.

“But Masami, isn’t Maki is your bridesmaid? Now she is missing, you got it cover?”

“I won’t need to cover anything, she will come. I’ll make her come no matter what it takes.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Maki still lingering around the beaches, that’s all she ever done since Yamapi disappear almost three days ago. She looks lost, she feels something is missing in her life, she got this uncomfortable feeling inside her heart. Her mind is full with Yamapi, and all the negative thought. Every night she is companied by her sudden tears, she doesn’t even know why she care so much.

“Maki-chan!”

Maki knows the voice, it must be Sora asking her to eat again. She lost her appetite in these days, she barely eat a decent meal. Only some fruits, water and sometimes milk.

“Dear, I prepared you some lunch. Come, eat some.”

“No, I’m still full.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter