Spit Takes

Welcome To the Family!

Jonghyun's POV

Ok, I know we're popular, but I have NEVER seen a girl in our bathroom before.

"I-I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she kept screaming as she bobbles her head down about 5,000 times, bowing. "I was just - the rain - my parents - this fire - my brother - it's just - I'm sorry!" she kept stuttering.

"Um, it's ok... but could you please explain why exactly you're in our dorm? And how you found it?" I ask.

"Jonghyun!" someone called.

Onew finally showed up. "Can you wait in the living room?"

"But, what about - "

"Oh, don't worry about her. She's a guest. Sae Rin's not a or anything. Wait, are you?"

"What?! Of course not! Nice choice of words, oppa!" she exclaims.

"Oppa?" I say, confused. I seriously have no idea what's going on at this point.

"I'll explain later," Onew says. "Just wait in the living room for a sec, ok? Oh, wait, can you wake up Taemin and Minho?"

I slump my shoulders with a sigh. "Fiiiine," I agree.

I walk out of the doorway and make my way to Taemin's room. The door squeaks as I push it open.

"Taemin! Get up!" I command.

"What...?" he responds, not even moving an inch. "It can't be morning already..."

"It's not."

"Then why are you waking me up?"

"Hyung wants to talk to us."

"Can't he deliver the message in our rooms?"

I sigh. "If I can't sleep, you can't either. Come on. Get up."

"Nyeh... 5 more minutes."

GRRRR.

I step towards his bed and yank away his blanket.

"Hyung, I'm cold," he whines.

"Yeah, that's nice." My hands lunge at his ribcage.

TICKLE ATTACK!

"Hyung! Haha, stop that!" he screams.

Now he's hysterically laughing, and falls off the bed. MY PLAN WORKED PERFECTLY!

"Alright, alright, I'm up!" Taemin screams.

"Good boy." I start to walk out. My job here is done.

"Kyahhh!" Taemin cries as he tackles me, making my body fling to the ground.

Ok, for someone that has such a slim body, he sure weighs a lot.

"Hey!!! Get off of me!" I yell as I wack his side.

"That's for making me fall off my bed," Taemin says as he gets off.

... Touché, my dear friend. Touché.

I take the hand that's being held out to me and Taemin helps me up.

"Don't wake me up again," he warns.

I laugh. "I won't." Today.

Next is Minho. I'm kinda tired right now, so I just knock on the door and hope he responds.

"Minho! Wake up!"

...

No movement. Sigh.

I open his door and once again, scream, "Yah, wake up!

"I'm tired..." Minho argues as he shuffles on his bed.

"So am I! Come on, get up! Rise and shine!"

"In five."

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, it's been five. Get!"

"Hey! I meant minutes!"

"You didn't specify!"

"Leave me! Leave me to my slumber!"

ARRRRRRGH.

That's it. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I walk up to his bed...

... and this happens. Of course, I'm the panda, the keyboard is Minho's pillow, and the desk is his face.

"Yah!!! Stop that!"

"Onew hyung needs to tell us something!"

"Eh, fine, fine!"

Kekeke.

We go outside to the living room, and luckily, I don't get tackled again. But the girl is here, somewhat dried off, which makes Minho and Taemin question why she's in the dorm.

"Um, do I know you?" Minho asks. "You seem kind of familiar..."

Familiar? So is she a childhood friend?

"Ah, n-no," she stutters. "At least I don't think."

"Oh, well - "

"Ok, good, you're all awake," Onew says as he pops out of nowhere, dry. "Now, well, I'll just get straight to - "

"Yah, dinner's ready!" Key screams from the kitchen.

We all rush to the dinner table.

Onew's expression?

But joins us anyways.

And the girl just stands there, feeling lost.

"Huh? Who's she?" Key finally notices. "You can join us if you're hungry!"

"Um, no thank you," she responds. At that exact moment, her stomach growls.

LOL.

Perfect timing.

"Come on," I say. "Sit down," I say as my hands gesture at the seat in front of me. Since we have 5 members and 6 chairs, we had room for her to sit between Onew and Minho. She takes the seat, awkwardly. Though she doesn't even take anything.

"Aren't you hungry?" I ask.

"I-I'm fine," she responds, not making eye contact.

"Just eat." As a little motivation, I dump a bit of soup in her bowl.

"Um, thank you."

She's too shy. She's just too shy.

"So, what was it you wanted to tell us?" Taemin says to Onew with his mouth full of rice.

"Uh, well, first, get any food out of your mouth," he suggests.

We wait a second until everyone gulps down, and Onew starts to talk.

"Well, a while ago, I went to the coffee shop for a while. And I bumped into Sae Rin." He points to the girl. While he pauses, I sip a bit of soup, disregarding his warning. "Well, I remembered her from my childhood. She's my sister."

I choke.

I see now why he didn't want us to eat yet.

"I told you to put anything out of your mouth!" Onew says.

"I thought it was going to be 'long-story' time!" I argue. "And at least I didn't do a spit take right at our guest!"

"Hey, that was one time!" Minho yells.

"And you were in the same situation I'm in!" I gulp. "I thought you were an only child," I move on, returning back to hyung.

"Well, when we were young, there was a fire and we couldn't fire. We thought she was dead, so I didn't like talking about her. It kinda just felt painful. But apparently, she escaped and someone took her in."

"So, you were a long lost sister?" Key asks. "I'm realy sorry."

She shakes her head to say it's ok. "Don't be! My parents took really good care of me. I've turned out well. But... they never even bothered to tell me I was adopted, though."

"Really? How old are you?" Minho asks.

"Eighteen."

She's really young. About Taemin's age.

"So you just found out when Onew recognized you?" Taemin asks.

She nods.

"But wait, how did you recognize her in the first place?" he asks hyung.

"You would kow her eyes anywhere. And she didn't look that different from when she was little," Onew explains. "Then again, it might've been pure coincidence..."

"So you're not sure if she's her or not?" I ask.

"No, I'm sure. I got her name right and she said she believed me."

"But she could've been faking," Key said.

"She called her aunt and made sure. And Sae Rin said she remembered, then."

"But why is she here?" Taemin asks.

"I needed to get back and her house was a little far away. So I took her here for a while. She came to Seoul to make a career as a pianist. And I thought we could help her! We could ask SM to put her in magazines and help her train. And maybe Taemin or Jonghyun can help a bit. I don't know that much about piano, Minho only learned it for The Pianist, and Key gets... frustrated." We laugh.

"Yah, at least I'm trying!" Key defends.

Well, yeah, true.

"So, can we eat now?" Taemin eagerly asks.

Onew sighs. "Yes." And immediately, all of us dig in. Well, except for Sae Rin.

"Um, I"m sorry to borther you, but do you have a hairdryer I could use?" she asks Onew.

"You still need to dry off your clothes?" Key asks.

"Well, no, I can handle them being a little damp. But I dropped my bag in the rain and my papers kind of got a little wet."

"Oh, I forgot about that!" Onew says. "But shouldn't the rain have washed away the ink by now?"

"Well, I really take value of them, so when I printed them, I made sure it was permanent. And the papers are in high quality. Plus, every page was put into a plastic envelope."

"Wow, uh, ok. Do you need any help?"

"No, I can do it myself."

"I'm not that hungry. Are you sure?"

"Well, if it wouldn't bother you. So, can I have that hairdryer now?"

"Oh, yeah, there's a few in the second drawer on the left in the bathroom," Key says.

Both of them get up to leave and the rest of us go back to our food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, even though there aren't any real spit takes, it mentioned one! Well, I couldn't think of anything else.

And sorry, no dramatic ending this time T~T" There'll be one next chapter though! Promise~

That was a nice gif spasm, too, wasn't it?

& I've decided to just update whenever I can. But once school starts, I'm gonna have to post on a regular basis. Too much studying and writing.