Sibling Rivalries

Welcome To the Family!

Sae Rin’s POV

I slumped on my bed after I ate some of Kibu-Key’s meal.

I swear it was so delicious that it made me cry.

I rolled from left to right and did the same thing over and over again on my beige-coloured bed. I sighed as I thought of what to do. Study? Nah. What about bothering my brother? No, not Onew oppa but Seok I don't know why but I found it amusing and entertaining when he yells at me.

I got up and sat on my bed. I felt something hard poking my .

There must be something in my pocket…

I reached for my pocket and took out my Samsung S II. How could I forget that my phone was in there? Aish, I feel like a grandma sometimes.

I laid down on my comfortable again but this time, stomach on the surface and legs crossed, intersecting each other. My phone was in my hand, so I decided to explore my phone. Nothing attracted my attention. I went to my Contacts with and intention to prank call somebody but my idea was cancelled when I saw one name that made me stare.

Dubu Onew-oppa  

Should I call? No. He might be busy and I don’t want to disturb him at all. He is SHINee’s leader after all. I sighed as my eyes kept on staring at the contact.

Then, it occurred in my mind.

 I haven’t thanked Key for his awesome cooking! I felt so happy that I’ve finally found something to do.

Why didn’t I think of that earlier?!

I eagerly pressed the call button and then I put down the phone. What would I say again? The feeling is back. The feeling when your memory is like a  70 year-old’s. I thought hard and remembered what I was going to do.

I just cannot believe I forgot something so minor in such little time.

I snapped my fingers. Right! I was going to thank Key!

I pressed ‘call’ once more and waited patiently for someone to pick up. The beeps ended when a I heard a familiar voice.

“Yobeoseyo?”

Was it Key’s voice? Yup, it was. I was expecting to hear my brother’s voice since it was his phone but oh well, it’s better this way.

“Oh, Key?” I questioned. Even though I knew the answer, I just wanted to confirm.

“Yes, who is this?” he replied.

I giggled a little at the fact that he didn’t know who my voice belongs to. What if I answer “It's Natalieee... I'm coming for you...”?

That would be fun.

But I come to a conclusion to just reply him with the truth.

“Sae Rin.”

“Oh, you’re calling already?” Key said with his diva-tone. “Do you want to talk to Onew?” he paused for a while then continued, “Or did you forget something again?”

“No, I wanted to speak with you.” I stated.

“Huh?”

“You heard me…”

“Um… Yeah, so what you want to say?” he asked.

I could sense the awkwardness in his voice.

Usually, I'd feel awkward, talking to him. But maybe it's because I'm not directly talking to him, and he's so comfortable to talk with. Almost like a brother. 

Breathing in slowly, I gathered up the courage to say one word. 

“KAMSAHAMNIDA!” I shrieked.

It was quiet for a while then I heard him shout at me.

“YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO SCREAM! I ALMOST GOT A HEART ATTACK YOU KNOW?!”

I placed the phone on my bed as both hands covered my ears from getting deaf.

Man, I shouldn’t have screamed at him.

“I almost turned deaf…” I told him.

“Well, I almost had a heart attack. That’s worse than being deaf. At least you can still live without ears... But without a heart, you die.”

I laughed at his statement.

“Yah! What so funny? Jonghyun jumped when you screamed, you know?”

“Mianhe…” I apologized, trying to hold in my laughter.

“So, why did you call again? To say thanks? For what?”

“For your awesome cooking, oppa! It was really delicious!” I told, stretching the ‘so’.

“Of course it’s awesome.”

Tch. Diva~

“What’s Jonghyun-oppa doing?” I asked since I didn’t have anything else to question. I didn’t want to end the call because that will just make me end up on the bed, bored again.

“Hmm… Hold on.”

Silence…

“Oh, he’s peeing.” He answered honestly.

“Um… okay?”

“Now he’s telling me not to tell you that he’s peeing…”

I let laughter escape my lips.

“Why?” I couldn’t help but ask.

“Maybe it’s because he is embarrassed? I don’t know…”

I wanted to reply but a few whooshing sounds prevented me from doing so. I placed the flat phone closer to my ear when I heard heavy footsteps and panting.

“And - now - he’s chasing me because - I told - !” Key informed, panting almost after every word.

Later I heard the whooshing sound again.

“Eummi?”

Key’s voice was replaced with Jonghyun’s.

“Yes?”

“Um… I’m sorry for... peeing, I guess?”

AHAHHAHAHHAHA.

“Everyone does it, you know…” I told.

“Well, um…”

So much for the ‘confident’ and ‘flirty’ Jonghyun.

I swear, he's got the charm of a beaver.

Wait, beavers are cuuuuute... 

Scratch that. Donkey. He's got the charm of a donkey.

Jonghyun wanted to say something when Key’s voice interrupted.

“She was supposed to talk with me!” He yelled.

“WELL, MUAHAHAHAHA.” Jonghyun shouted back at Key.

I could hear Key mumbling an “I hate you.” to Jonghyun in the background.

“Sorry about that. Why did you call?” he asked.

“Just tell Key I said thank you very much. Oh! And tell him that I prefer talking to him than Kim Jonghyun.” I responded.

“Okay~!” He hummed as I put down the phone.

Uh... what?

Did he not just hear what I said?

It was 1 minute later when my phone rang again.

“Yobeoseyo?”

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PREFER TALKING TO KEY?!” Jonghyun shouted.

Aish... how big is this guy's brain? The size of a peanut? No, dust speck suits better.

I could hear Key in the background saying mehrong. I sigh in amusement as I heard those two quarrel.

“No. No! NO!" Key's voice scolded at Jonghyun. He might as well be squirting water at a cat. So why is Jonggie called a puppy? With a sigh, he carried on the conversation. "You're welcome."

A giggle wiggled out of my mouth, and I opened my lips again to reply just one word, "It - "

"KYAHHHH!" my "brother" cried as he tackled me.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I screamed, loudly. 

Seok didn't respond and grabbed at my phone, and quickly said to Key, "Thank you, mister, for the candy!!!"

I could hear him answering back on the other line with a chuckle, and said, "You're welcome. Don't eat too much, alright?"

"Noooo! I want more, sir!" my brother countered.

I brushed myself free of any dirt and dust, and pounced on his body, pinning him to the ground and snatching my phone back. 

"SEOK!!! You could've just asked for the phone!!!"

"But I'm reeeeeeally hyper and wanted to talk to the mister to thank him and and I'M SORRY!!!"

"TELL THAT TO THE BRUISES ON MY HIP!!!" I exhiled and returned to the phone. Faintly, I could hear laughing in the background. "YAH! What do you think you're laughing at!?"

"It - it's just too funny!" I could hear Kibum's voice calling. I pouted, and felt a tug on my shirt.

"Yah... he called you Eummi, right?" my brother asked. "Eummi, could we go see the nice people that gave me candy soon?"

A smile materialized on my face. "Sure. If you promise to ask for the phone, not tackle me and take it."

"Deal!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 HELLO!!! This is dreamteamace as this story’s co-author! I am so sorry if my chapter is not as good as  LAmusicHG. Cheongmal mianhe!  Please forgive me cause I’m only 13 and English isn’t my mother tongue (it’s Thai :D)

So… Um… Hope you have enjoyed reading it!  :3

I think dreamteamace did pretty well, eh? xD ROUND OF APPLAUSE, PEOPLE! *clap clap clap* She did most of the story, and I just proofread it and added a different ending ^^ But it really was a job well done. PRAISE~! *pats head* And by the way, I'm just gonna refer to Seok as a brother -.- This chapter's short but most aren't gonna be long, anyway xD I like this one :D