Dino Head To the Rescue!

Welcome To the Family!

Jonghyun's POV

"Aish, what are you all doing here?" I said cooly.

"Ooh, Jonghyun!" one said as he noticed me. "Do you have a relationship with Sae Rin?"

"What!?" Eummi exclaimed.

"Yes, I do, actually," I said. To prove my point, I flung my arm around her shoulder and kept her at my side.

"Hey, pabo! What're you doing!?" she demanded. Aigoo, she sounds like Key. Sae Rin was all smiles before. Why is she acting like this? Well... of course, I said I had a relationship with her... But not that kind of relationship. That's what I was about to explain...

"Oh, you're dating her?" another journalist suggested.

"How does her brother feel about it?" someone questioned.

"We're siblings!" I proclaimed with a bright grin.

"Eh?" the crowd sounds.

Eummi begins to attempt to wriggle out of my arms. She does everything - pushing, shoving, dragging, sliding away... She even spins around and tries to head back into the building. Haha, that's kind of cute.

"Onew hyung's never told us about Sae Rin before. He said it was too painful. But either way, whether he did or not, his family is my family!" I continued.

"Oh..." some of them sighed, nodding at each other.

By then, Eummi's given up in escaping. She just crosses her arms and pouts.

"Now what are you all doing here? This hotel is off-limits, isn't it? Even for the media?"

"But we're not technically inside the building!" one argued. Man... It's like they're kids.

"It doesn't matter. Sae Rin needs to get home, and you're blocking her way."

They started mumbling, and finally decided to reluctantly clear a way. Still not letting go of Eummi, I walked her through the path as if it were a catwalk. She's still holding on to that aggravated expression.

 

After a while of walking, I finally think we got away from the press.

"Do you think they're still following?" I say.

"How should I know? You've been hugging me so tight, i can't turn  my head.

"Yah, I'm not hugging you! Besides, you should thank me for getting you out of there."

"Get off of me!" she commands, violently shaking her head and flailing her arms in the air to swat away my arm. Sae Rin backs away and gawks at me with a disgusted expression.

She's really reminding me of that girl from Boys Over Flowers.

"Sorry," I say.

"Yeah, well, you're right. I should thank you." Bowing her head, she says, "Kamsamnida."

What is this? All cheeky at the dorm, disgusted in front of the cameras, still disgusted when we get away, and now thanking me.

I wonder if she's bipolar.

"But how did you know I was stuck?" she asks.

"I can always sense a damsel in distress!" I joke.

Instead of laughing, she arches her brow as if to say, "Really?" Aigoo, she's like Minho, too.

I refuse to have to deal with another person like this.

"Here," I say as I hold out the notebook she left behind.

Sae Rin stares at the book, not saying anything. What's she thinking of...? Does she think I read it?

At last, she politely takes it in her head and bows once again. "Kamsamnida."

I nod a "yeah". "So, I'm sorry about what happened back there."

"Don't be. But, I really doubt there was any reason to put your arm around me..."

"I had to make it believable, didn't I?"

"But, you didn't... never mind. Well, thanks a lot for bringing my notebook back." She gives me a smile before reaching for her bag, shuffling her hand around for a binder. After flipping through some pages, she stopped at a certain piece, takes it out, and holds it at me.

"Eh? What's this?" I say as I take the paper. This is...

"You're trying to learn the song I played, aren't you?"

... Has she been... Did she...? Never mind.

"Deh. Why?"

"Study it. Play it. Copy it if you want. When you're done with it, I'd like it back."

"You're letting me borrow it?"

"Yeah. I've already learned it. You can use it for a while."

"Uh, thanks!"

She smiles hugely. "Well, I've got t get going. Nice to meet you, Jonghyun."

I nod. "You, too."

"I'll see you later!"

"You're coming back?"

"... What kind of - "

"Oh, oh! Yeah! You're going to visit your brother again and come back for lessons! Haha, I'm sorry!"

"I think Minho got another promotion."

"Yah! Just because I forgot!?"

"Yup."

"That's not fair!"

"Deal with it~!" she sing-songs as she turns around sharply on her toe and heads home.

I snark at her and head back, too. You know, now that I think about it, I really feel like we're getting close. All that bickering, it's like I'm talking to Key, but it feels like we really are brother-and-sister.

 

Sae Rin's POV

I get now why Key always yells at him. He's so annoying! But he seems nice enough... I guess he'd be a good big brother. Haha, we've got the bickering part down.

"I'm home!" I yelled as I shut the front door behind me.

"Sae Rin, you're back!" Seok shouted as he rushed to me and clung to my legs.

"Hey, kiddo!" I greeted him as I ruffled his hair. Then, my aunt came in. "Anyeonng, komo!" I said.

"Welcome back," she said.

"Eh, did you eat already?" I checked my watch for the time. It's almost 8...

"Oh, no. We wanted to wait for you."

"Ah, thank you! I brought some food!" I handed over the bag Key gave me.

"Oh? Did your brother make this? Ah, it smells so good..."

"No, one of his... friends did."

"So what's your oppa's name?"

"Eh... Lee Jinki."

"Lee Jinki... The singer you like?"

"Deh."

"You're related to someone famous!?" I nodded. "Oh, that's amazing!" She began to prepare dinner while rambling on how fortunate that is, how impossible it is, but never once said how he could support us financially. They really don't like taking gifts from people...

Soon Uncle came out. "Oh, Sae Rin, you're home. How was your brother?"

"He's a singer!" my aunt exclaimed.

"Oh, that's great."

"Well, he's in a group called SHINee. Some of s know how to play piano and offered to help me improve," I expained.

"Really?" my aunt said. "But wouldn't that bother them? I mean, if they're idols, they're probably very busy..."

"But this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, isn't it?" Uncle stated.

"I agree with Uncle," I say. "It's not like I'm going to visit them every day. Just a few times a week."

"Alright... but let's make sure to bring them something whenever you visit them!" Auntie suggested.

I felt a tug on my shirt.

"Eh, Sae Rin?" Seok said.

"Yeah?" I responded.

"Are you going to be an idol, too?"

"Anni. But I may be preforming a lot as a pianist."

"Oh, I'm glad for you! Do well, noona! Fighting~!"

I accept his support with a smile. "I will. Thank you!"

"Oh, Sae Rin, this food is really good! Your brother is a really good cook!" my aunt commented.

"Oh, no, his friend Key cooked it. Didn't I already say..."

"Key? That's an odd name..."

"Short for Kibum."

"Oh..."

Aunt and Uncle kept talking about how unbelievable this is again, while I just sat quietly and answered whenever they asked me anything. But I couldn't stop thinking about Onew and them... I really am related to an idol...

And Jonghyun. Ah, pabo! Why did I have to leave that book over there? He probably already read it... It's not my diary, but... the things in there are personal. I repeat, it's not a diary. I don't log my feelings or days in there. Though I have all my stuff recorded... My songs...

But I guess I shouldn't complain. If I didn't drop it, I'd be stuck there with all those reporters swarming me. Even so... I really hope he didn't read my notebook...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hai guise! Enjoying the chapter?

No.

I am not SPEAKING TO YOU!!! Anyhoo, I -

Anyhoo? What kind of - Who says that anymore?

Shut up! It's not like I say it daily!

If you say so...

Anyways, I really got this (short) chapter done quick. It's been like, what, a day since the last one? You're glad I updated soon, right? ;D

No.

I am not SPEAKING TO YOU!!! So, what's in that notebook, you ask?
I haven't the slightest idea.
Hatter, why is a raven like a writing desk?
ALICE IN WONDERLAND REFERENCE MOOHAHA

But oh well. I'll figure it out as the story progresses. Anyways, sorry for no gifs T^T I was planning on putting at least one in there (I had a certain gif in mind, too) but I couldn't find it -.-" I swear, my pictures library is a wormhole.
It's a mess, but... I .

Got that right.

Must you insult me so many times?

Yes, I must.

Whatever. Well, I bid you farewell and hope to see you again!

You're never going to see them again.

Yes, I am!!! Right?
Right?