Chapter 2

"Mom, are you really talking about this AGAIN?" Kyuhyun asked into the phone. He didn't even bother to try and hide the fact that he was irritated with her. He loved his mom, but sometimes she could be a bit much. And right now he was trying desperately to get out the door to work and if she didn't let him go soon he was going to be late.

"Yes, Kyuhyun, you are almost thirty years old! Isn't it about time you started think about getting married and settling down?" she squawked from the other end.

"I told you, it will happen when it happens. I'm not trying to rush it," Kyuhyun tried to calmly explain, hoping that if he just said maybe then his mother would leave it be just again.

"Well, you see Kyuhyun, I was thinking-there's this pretty girl. She's about your age and the daughter of a good family. I spoke with her and she said she would be interested in meeting you."

Kyuhyun heaved a sigh. This wasn't the first time that his mom had tried to set him up on a date, and he was sure that it wasn't going to be the last.

"Maybe, mom, we'll see. I need to hang up now or I am going to be late for work," Kyuhyun gave in. With his mother, maybe meant yes.

"Alright, have a good day at work, sweetie. I'll call her and tell her that you said yes and set up the date for you. She's a wonderful girl, really," his mom cooed through the phone and Kyuhyun wanted to vomit. But that would only delay him further so he refrained.

They said their goodbyes and finally after promising her that he would call her that night they hung up.

He heaved a huge sigh of frustration and quickly gathered his things. He was going to be cutting it close for his first meeting of the day.

As he drove to work he dialed the number of his friend in a panic. He needed to come up with a way to get rid of this girl. In the past he had simply told them that he wasn't interested, but this always seemed to get back to his mother who scolded him.

"What does my nasty dongsaeng want now?" Heechul answered his phone.

"It's good to talk to you too, hyung," Kyuhyun said with a grin. After talking to his mom, Heechul's grungy sense of humor was exactly what he needed.

"I actually need some advice," Kyuhyun admitted and he could hear Heechul laughing loudly through the phone.

"Well luckily for you I am full of wisdom on all aspects of life. Except cooking. For that, please direct all questions to Han Geng," Heechul joked and Kyuhyun grinned. "I'm good on that, thanks though. My mom set me up on a date."

"Another one! Does that woman ever give up? You haven't told her yet, have you?" Heechul asked.

"No, hyung! And I don't plan on telling her anytime soon. I just need to know how to get rid of the girl."

There was a pause as Heechul pondered for a second.

"Well, how did you get rid of all the others?" he asked.

"I told them I wasn't interested," was Kyuhyun's short answer.

"Then there you go!"

"But hyung, they always go back to her and tell her that I told them I wasn't interested. And then she just keeps setting me up with more of them. I need a way to get rid of them and then not have them go back to my mother," Kyuhyun explained his idea.

"Well then, Kyuhyun, I have the perfect solution for you. How do you feel about pretending to date a man? I promise you he's attractive," Heechul joked with him.

Kyuhyun thought for a moment. That could actually work. He doubted that if a girl found him on a date with a man they would go back to his mom and tell on him. It just wasn't one of those things you exposed about someone. Not unless you wanted to ruin their life. If his mom had any judge of character (which she did, he would give her that) then none of the girls he got set up with would do something like that. In the end, it would just look like they hadn't clicked and maybe (eventually) his mom would get the thought in her head that her matches were not a good idea.

"I'm in."

"Good, now let hyung play match maker and we shall defeat the match maker," Heechul taunted and Kyuhyun just laughed.

"Hyung, you're an idiot," Kyuhyun stated boldly. The reaction he got was just as he expected.

"Idiot?! How are you going to talk to your hyung like that when you know I am helping you out? You are always so disrespectful!" Heechul shouted into the phone and Kyuhyun bust up laughing. In the background he could hear another voice, Han Geng's.

"Chullie, calm down. You know he's right."

With that, Heechul proceeded to go off on Han Geng who was probably only standing a few feet from him, yet Kyuhyun could hear everything loud and clear through the phone.

"I'm going now, Heechul! I'll talk to you later!" Kyuhyun screamed into the phone, hoping Heechul would hear him over his own shouts.

Right before he hung up he heard a loud crash on the other end.

'Poor Han Geng,' he thought.

Kyuhyun drove the rest of the way to work in semi-peace, the thought of what Heechul was going to do for him exactly lingering in the back of his mind. As much crap as he gave Heechul, he did trust him. They hadn't been friends for nearly ten years for no reason. Whatever he had in mind, the details still unknown, he just sure hoped it worked.