Chapter 10

When Kyuhyun woke up his room was too bright and his head was throbbing. The rest of his body felt like it had been run over by a truck.

He groaned as he rolled over, burying his head into his pillow.

What the Hell had happened last night?

He remembered meeting Zhou Mi and having a nice dinner together. He also remembered going to a bar and getting drinks. But towards the end of the night things started disappearing. He hadn't had that much to drink in a long time, and he knew that it was stupid for him to have done so.

Kyuhyun rolled over and threw off the covers, surprised as the cold air hit skin. All of his skin.

Why was he ?

Had he really been that drunk that he hadn't even managed to get out of his clothes and into his pajamas?

He slowly got up out of bed and made his way to the bathroom, splashing his face with cold water. What had happened that night?

 

Zhou Mi had woken up surprisingly early, his head pounding. He was hyper aware that someone was sleeping next to him. Considering the were half entangled it was hard to miss. It was when he realized it was Kyuhyun that he started to panic.

Images from the night before started filling up his mind as he remembered the kiss, and then coming back. And then it wasn't just a kiss anymore.

Zhou Mi groaned. What had he done?

He needed to get out of there, and quickly. He couldn't bear Kyuhyun waking up and seeing his face when he realized that Zhou Mi was in his bed with him.

He rolled out of bed and began searching for his clothes, pulling them on as quickly as he could. He snuck out of the bedroom and opened the door to Kyuhyun's apartment as quietly as he could. He really hoped that he hadn't woken Kyuhyun up.

He took a cab back to his apartment and let himself in, immediately collapsing on the bed and curling up, ready to let sleep reclaim him and soothe his aching head.

Had he really actually done that? He had with Kyuhyun. He had drunk with Kyuhyun. And he was really hating himself for it right then. But Kyuhyun had come on to him, so that meant what? They had both be pretty much trashed. It couldn't have been anything more than a night of lust. They both liked men, and they were right there. It had been convenient. And it couldn't have been anything more than that.

Or so Zhou Mi told himself.

~.~

Kyuhyun managed to put himself together like a decent human being after the hottest shower he had ever taken. He was pretty sure the red patches that were left on his skin weren't going to disappear anytime soon.

He was presently sitting at his kitchen counter, a cup of coffee in his hands that was not helping his headache at all. His phone was sitting on the coffee table, far enough away from him to keep himself from checking it every five seconds.

That didn't mean that Kyuhyun had stopped sending his phone looks as though the device was about to light up and start dancing on the table for the past hour. He had contemplated calling Zhou Mi to find out what had happened last night, but that seemed like a bad idea. What if he had done something stupid or embarrassing? Then he really didn't to know about it. He figured he would let Zhou Mi contact him. He wasn't about to dredge up anything that had happened that night if Zhou Mi didn't want to mention it either.

 

When Zhou Mi finally woke up it was the middle of the afternoon. His headache had subsided but his throat felt like he hadn't had water in days. Even after he drank like a gallon of water he still generally felt like crap. He didn't know how to handle the situation he had gotten himself into. He liked Kyuhyun, he knew that. And if he hadn't been so drunk he wouldn't have slept with him. There was a small part of him that was hoping Kyuhyun liked him back and that's why he made a move on him last night, but he didn't think he could believe it. He had been a convenient option for Kyuhyun, and that was it.

~.~

For three days the ignored each other. Zhou Mi hadn't called Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun hadn't called Zhou Mi. Zhou Mi knew he was being an idiot. He should just call Kyuhyun and pretend like nothing had ever happened. With any luck, Kyuhyun wouldn't remember it. Or he'd feel the same as Zhou Mi and not want to mention it.

Zhou Mi's phone lighting up and buzzing loudly beside him startled him as he had been long gone in thought.

"Hello," he answered it after a few rings.

"Hey, Seasoning. Tonight's my birthday."

Zhou Mi didn't even have to check the caller ID to know who it was. Heechul was the only one who could get away with calling him that.

"Oh."

There was a pause as Heechul yelled something to someone he was with. Probably Han Geng.

"Oh? So we are getting together tonight and you should come. I know you don't have to work," Heechul said and Zhou Mi sighed. Going out and drinking after what had happened the prior weekend didn't sound like fun.

"I don't know Heechul."

"Oh come on. Bless us with your presence. And Kyuhyun will be there, so maybe you should just bless him with your presence," Heechul taunted and Zhou Mi's breath caught.

He had forgotten that Kyuhyun was friends with Heechul.

"He-he hasn't said anything to you recently, has he?" Zhou Mi asked, hesitantly. Talking to Heechul about personal matters could be a rocky road to walk. He was either really helpful, or really brutal about it. And you never knew which side you were going to get.

"No? About what? I just called him to tell him about our gathering and he said he would come," Heechul said and Zhou Mi let out a sigh.

"Anyway, I'll see you tonight. The regular place."

And with that Heechul hung up on him.

Zhou Mi still didn't have any idea what Kyuhyun was thinking and it was starting to drive him nuts. He might as well go to Heechul's party. It wasn't like he wanted to avoid Kyuhyun forever and running into him at a mutual friend's party seemed like a better option than calling him out directly.

If there was a good option for dealing with this, that is.