Epilogue

Kyuhyun got out of the shower and wrapped himself in a towel. He brushed his hair and then went back into the bedroom where Zhou Mi was still sleeping. Kyuhyun nudged him gently.

“Rise and shine!”

Zhou Mi groaned as he slowly woke up.

“But Kui Xian…” Zhou Mi whined and then rolled back over, hiding his head beneath the pillow.

Kyuhyun just smiled down at him and then bent down and placed a kiss on his lips. He pulled underwear from a drawer and slipped it on. He went to the closet and pulled on dress slacks and a shirt. As he was knotting his tie, Zhou Mi finally sat up.

“But I don’t wanna go to work,” Zhou Mi whined. Kyuhyun just chuckled.

“Just don’t forget our dinner tonight,” Kyuhyun said with a wink and then he was grabbing his briefcase and heading out the door.

As Zhou Mi finally remembered that this was their sixth month anniversary, Kyuhyun was already gone. Suddenly motivated by the thought of their date that night, he swung his legs out of bed and began getting ready.

Kyuhyun had followed through on his promise to try and get him into the music business. He now worked in a studio, doing mostly tech stuff and helping other artists record. He wasn’t a big time musician like he had originally dreamed off, but it was a start. He occasionally got to record tracks for advertisements and such.

Zhou Mi figured it was for the best. This job had him working regular hours, gave him a solid pay check, and left him evenings to spend with Kyuhyun, who was still at the same job but had stopped working so hard. Zhou Mi had finally got it through his thick skull that delegating some mediocre tasks wasn’t going to make the company collapse.

The day passed uneventfully and when Zhou Mi left the studio he was glad to see that Kyuhyun was outside waiting for him.

“Hey,” Zhou Mi said as he walked up to Kyuhyun who was waiting with his car. He kissed Kyuhyun quickly, aware that there may be disapproving eyes around the corner.

“Hey, how was work?” Kyuhyun asked as they got in. Kyuhyun started the engine and pulled out into the busy street.

“Uneventful. You?”

“Same.”

They drove in silence for a bit. When Zhou Mi recognized the area was in, he got curious.

“Where exactly are we going, Kui Xian?”

Kyuhyun smirked and that was Zhou Mi’s first sign that he should be worried.

“You’ll see when we get there.”

It only took them about five more minutes before they parked in front of a restaurant that Zhou Mi recognized.

“Kui Xian, no!”

They were sitting in front of a restaurant that Zhou Mi knew only too well. It was the place he brought all of his clients to back when he was still working for Heechul. That had ended in Kyuhyun walking in and asking him to date him. The entire staff had seen, and Zhou Mi couldn’t bear the thought of having to face them again.

“Oh come on,” Kyuhyun said calmly. “It’s been six months. Chances are half the staff that saw that night don’t even work here anymore.”

Zhou Mi sat quietly. He didn’t really want to go in, but if Kyuhyun thought it would be okay, he’d give it a shot.

“Okay.”

Kyuhyun smiled and climbed out of the car. Zhou Mi followed tentatively behind him. As soon as they walked in, the girl who greeted them immediately shot the hope that they wouldn’t be recognized. She recognized Zhou Mi immediately and her eyes got wide when she saw him.

“You’re back!” she said and Zhou Mi immediately dropped his head to the ground. Beside him he heard Kyuhyun laugh lightly and felt Kyuhyun take his hand. He squeezed it, hoping that Kyuhyun would understand he was annoyed.

“Yes,” Kyuhyun said calmly. “It’s just the two of us tonight, though.”

The girl’s mouth formed a slight ‘oh’ in understanding and took them to a table. Once they sat down Zhou Mi openly scowled at Kyuhyun.

“I told you this was a bad idea.”

“What’s the big deal?” Kyuhyun asked calmly while he studied the menu. “They aren’t going to kick us out.”

“I just, I’m embarrassed about last time,” Zhou Mi confessed. Kyuhyun lowered his menu to look at Zhou Mi.

“That’s actually why I wanted to come here,” Kyuhyun explained. “Not because you were embarrassed about it, no. I wanted to come here because this is where we officially started dating.”

Zhou Mi considered Kyuhyun for a moment to see if he was lying. It didn’t seem like it.

“That’s really thoughtful,” Zhou Mi said. “I just wish that you had asked me how I felt about coming here, first.”

Kyuhyun nodded, understanding his point. “How about, since we are already here, we just enjoy?”

Zhou Mi agreed and they ordered their food. After the waitress left Kyuhyun pulled a small jewelry box out and passed it across the table.

“I hope it’s okay,” Kyuhyun said as Zhou Mi took it. “You are so much more fashionable than me.”

Zhou Mi thanked him and then opened the box. Inside was a simple silver chain that would hang just below his collarbone. It was simple and would go with any outfit.

“No, it’s good! Thank you. There might be hope for you yet. At least, if you didn’t live in suits. Speaking of which,” Zhou Mi said and then pulled out a small box of his own and passed it across the table to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun opened it and then smiled. Inside was a pair of cuff links with small diamonds in them.

“Only you would find a way to make my suits more fashionable.”

Zhou Mi laughed with a wide grin.

“Something had to be done to jazz them up!” Zhou Mi said, still beaming. “Do you like them?”

“I do. And I will certainly think of you every time I see them.”

There was a pause as they both examined their presents.

“Hey, Kui Xian.”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

Kyuhyun smiled back at him.

“I love you too, Mi,” Kyuhyun said and then raised his wine glass to toast Zhou Mi.

“Here’s to many more anniversary’s to come,” Kyuhyun said and they touched their glasses together and drank.