Chapter 13

Um, hi. So I realize I am a really ty person and just stopped posting these chapters, even though I had them written. But I put the rest up! Which means there was a triple update and the story is now (technically) complete. I still want to write a short epilogue. So, that being said. If you are seeing this first please go back and read starting at chapter 11. I will try to write the epilogue tomorrow (I have to pack to go back to college and I'm caught up in another little project of mine and I can never keep them, so I make no promises). Please let me know what you think of the story! All comments about me being a ty, unreliable writer are welcome too-I deserve them.

Zhou Mi was beginning to wonder if he and Kyuhyun just shouldn't be friends. Considering they had already slept with each other when they were wasted and Zhou Mi had just confessed without intending to, it was beginning to seem like it.

There was nothing he could do about it, really. Nothing but wait for Kyuhyun to contact him.

He supposed it could be worse. He could have confessed to a straight guy.

As he got ready for his date that night he tried pushing Kyuhyun from his mind. The last thing he needed to do was be distracted.

Everything was going smoothly as he grabbed his phone and keys. He left on time, got to the restaurant early, albeit a little earlier than usual, and met his client easy enough. If everything continued on like this it would be an easy night and he could go home and try to relax a bit.

When Zhou Mi's phone dinged while his client was talking to him, still waiting for their girlfriend to arrive, he jumped. He was usually good about turning his phone on silent while he was working. It must have just slipped his mind.

"Sorry about that," Zhou Mi said as he pulled his phone from his pocket to silence it. When he saw the name though, he paused. It was from Kyuhyun.

He turned the sound off, but he couldn't resist opening the message.

Hey, what are you doing tonight?

Zhou Mi wanted to let out a sigh of relief. Kyuhyun was apparently content to going back to how they had been. It would just be up to him to deal with his own feelings then.

I'm working tonight. Sorry :(

After he sent his short reply he put his phone away. He tried to turn his attention back to his client, but he was distracted now. What had Kyuhyun had in mind when he sent that text? If his dinner was over quickly, could they possibly meet up?

There was some noise up front as someone obviously ignored the hostess and was coming into the back of the restaurant anyway. Zhou Mi took in a breath and prepared himself. Looked like tonight was going to end quickly.

"I'm sorry, but this date is over," the intruder said. When Zhou Mi heard the voice, he was surprised because it most definitely was not that of a woman. And he knew that voice.

"Kui Xian?" Zhou Mi said as he looked up, meeting Kyuhyun's angry face.

"What are you talking about?" the man across from Zhou Mi asked, obviously confused.

"I don't care if you are paying him or not, this date is over," Kyuhyun commanded, his tone of voice making sure that they both knew that there were no other options.

"Kui Xian, would you calm down? I'm working," Zhou Mi pleaded as he stood, trying to put a reassuring hand on Kyuhyun's shoulder. Kyuhyun just shook him off.

"No, Zhou Mi. You can't be working like this anymore because you are my boyfriend."

Kyuhyun's voice hitched on that last word as though he was asking a question, not making a statement.

Zhou Mi met his eyes, ignoring the commotion that was going on around them. There was no mistaking that Kyuhyun had just officially asked him out.

Zhou Mi tilted Kyuhyun's head up with a hand under his chin and, oblivious to all of the people watching them, and kissed Kyuhyun long and hard in the middle of the restaurant.

"Yes," Zhou Mi whispered as he barely pulled away from Kyuhyun, not breaking their eye contact. Kyuhyun just smiled back at him.

"What the hell is going on here?"

This time it was a woman's voice, and when Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi broke apart the saw a woman standing next to the man that Zhou Mi had been eating with.

"I have no idea," her boyfriend answered, giving Zhou Mi a dirty glare.

Zhou Mi chuckled before he answered.

"Don't worry about the bill, I'll pay. And don't worry about Heechul, either."

"Huh, Kyungsoo, what does he mean about this?" the woman asked her boyfriend who just shook his head and was leading her out of the restaurant.

"Well, I think this may be an unorthodox way of doing things, but you may still have successfully ruined their relationship," Kyuhyun said as he squeezed Kyuhyun's arm, still standing close to him.

"I don't care, so long as I didn't ruin ours?" Zhou Mi asked.

"Definitely not. Though I really don't think I can deal with you doing this kind of work anymore. It's too infuriating to know that you are out on dates with other men," Kyuhyun said, his tone going from teasing to very serious.

Zhou Mi nodded in understanding. Though he didn't really know what he was going to do for work.

"I guess I'll just go back to being unemployed for awhile until I can find something else," he said as he put some cash on the table to cover the food they had ordered and steered Kyuhyun towards the entrance.

"Oh yeah, speaking of that. I talked to a friend of mine who is in the music business after I heard you sing on that night of Heechul's birthday. He said he trusted my judgment on good talent and would like to hear you. Might have some opportunities for you if you are really as good as I said," Kyuhyun told this to Zhou Mi with a big grin on his face.

"What, Kui Xian, are you serious?" Zhou Mi asked, grabbing Kyuhyun's shoulders as they were now outside the confines of the restaurant.

Kyuhyun nodded, still grinning at him.

"That's amazing! I don't know how I can ever thank you," Zhou Mi said, pulling Kyuhyun into a tight hug.

"Dinner would be good. And maybe another kiss," Kyuhyun said, eyes saying things that words could not.

"I can do that," Zhou Mi answered, bending down to place a chaste kiss on Kyuhyun's lips, aware that there were other people around them.

"What do you want to eat?" Zhou Mi asked as he grabbed Kyuhyun's hand and turned them in the direction of a street he knew had a lot of restaurants on it.

"Noodles sound good," Kyuhyun said and Zhou Mi nodded in agreement. They walked in silence for a little while.

"So how did you know where I was at?" Zhou Mi asked as the rounded the corner and entered a noodle restaurant.

"You always take your clients to that restaurant. You took me there several times," Kyuhyun explained and suddenly Zhou Mi realized that he was right.

He also realized that the staff had probably figured out what he did a long time ago.

"Ugh, I'm never going to be able to go back there again!" Zhou Mi groaned, throwing a hand over his face as he realized just how embarrassing that night had been.

Kyuhyun laughed and kicked him under the table.

"It's okay, we will just have many other places to try together."

Zhou Mi uncovered his face and smiled back at Kyuhyun. He definitely liked that idea.