Chapter 12

Kyuhyun was indeed outside of his apartment that Saturday morning, right on time after he had sent Zhou Mi a cheery good morning text. Though he had still refused to tell Zhou Mi where they were going.

"You really aren't going to tell me?" Zhou Mi asked as he slid into the passenger seat of Kyuhyun's car and the merged back onto the busy road.

"Nope, it's a surprise," Kyuhyun said, eyes not leaving the road in front of him.

"What if I don't like it?" Zhou Mi asked, his grin teasing Kyuhyun even though he wasn't looking.

Kyuhyun frowned, not able to sense the sarcasm in Zhou Mi's voice.

"I'll hurt you," Kyuhyun threatened, this time turning to throw a quick grin in Zhou Mi's direction.

Zhou Mi let his head fall back against the headrest as he laughed.

"You'll be with me, so I'm sure I'll like it," Zhou Mi said with a grin.

Kyuhyun didn't turn to look at him, but his lips turned up in a smile none the less.

~~~

"A palace?" Zhou Mi asked as Kyuhyun turned his car into the parking lot near the entrance to an old palace.

"Yep. I didn't know how much of traditional Korea you have seen, so I decided going to a historic site could be cool," Kyuhyun explained and Zhou Mi couldn't help but smile. He reached out and put a hand on Kyuhyun's shoulder.

"Thank you, Kui Xian. Really, it was a good idea. I haven't gotten around to doing much of the touristy things," Zhou Mi said and Kyuhyun nodded, a grin spreading across his face.

"I figured, which is good. Because while I have the foreigner with me I am going to act like a tourist myself," Kyuhyun stated with an over flourished excitement to his tone and then jumped out of the car before Zhou Mi could answer the insult.

"So I'm just an excuse to act like a tourist, then?" Zhou Mi asked and Kyuhyun beamed at him.

"I don't speak Korean," Kyuhyun answered in very heavily accented Chinese and Zhou Mi hit him upside the head.

"Ow, Mi! Play nice!" Kyuhyun whined as he rubbed the back of his head.

Zhou Mi mumbled something in Chinese that Kyuhyun didn't understand, but he was pretty sure Zhou Mi just called him a bastard or something.

"What was that?" Kyuhyun asked, a smirk on his face as he headed in the direction of the ticket building.

"I don't speak Korean," Zhou Mi said, voice falling over the tones of his native tongue easily.

As Zhou Mi was talking to the lady, buying his ticket, Kyuhyun leaned up to whisper in Zhou Mi's ear.

"You're more y when you speak Chinese."

Zhou Mi's breath hitched in his throat and he coughed as he let it out. He smiled at the lady, his face turning bright red, before he took his ticket and turned, getting a good punch to Kyuhyun's arm as they headed towards the entrance.

~~~

"Mi, stand there," Kyuhyun ordered as he pointed to a spot in front of the main gate to the palace.

Zhou Mi followed his orders and stood where he was instructed. As Kyuhyun pulled out his phone and started looking for an angle that kept the sun from making a bad glare on the screen Zhou Mi adjusted his pose, sticking one thumb in the pocket of his jeans and making a peace sign with the other hand.

"Perfect," Kyuhyun said and Zhou mi came to look at the picture. It did come out good, even if you could hardly see the huge gate he was standing behind.

"You want one?" Zhou Mi asked, offering to take one with Kyuhyun's phone for him. Kyuhyun just shook his head and approached the tour group that was passing by.

Zhou Mi followed and they tagged along with the group, nobody realizing that they had snuck in. They half listened to the guide and half looked around, taking pictures of the buildings and landscape, though probably mostly of each other.

"Here, let's take one together," Zhou Mi suggested as he positioned himself so that he was standing in front of one of the smaller buildings.

Kyuhyun came up beside him, pressing against Zhou Mi's side and putting one hand on his hip as Zhou Mi adjusted the self camera on his phone.

"One, two, three," Zhou Mi counted and snapped the picture.

"Send it to me?" Kyuhyun asked and Zhou Mi nodded, saving the picture and sending it in a text to Kyuhyun.

"Oh, let's go," Zhou Mi noted as the tour group was getting away from them. They scurried after them, laughing when one of the group members noticed them catching up. They spent the rest of the tour being innocuous in the back, making jokes with each other and not really paying attention to what was going on.

"Food?" Zhou Mi asked as they left the grounds of the palace.

Kyuhyun nodded, leading the way across the street to a barbeque restaurant. Zhou Mi cooked for them, making sure to put lots of food on Kyuhyun's plate.

"You're like my mom, making sure I'm fed," Kyuhyun joked as Zhou Mi put more food on his plate.

"You should eat a lot, you work so hard," Zhou Mi said and Kyuhyun was surprised by the amount of genuine concern that was in his voice.

"Like you're one to talk. Look how skinny you are," Kyuhyun retorted, putting at Zhou Mi to emphasize his point.

Zhou mi just smiled and took some food for himself.

"I'll always be like this, no matter how much I eat," he said with a grin.

"Well aren't you lucky. I keep hanging around you and my thighs will get even bigger," Kyuhyun complained, putting a piece of meat into his mouth.

Zhou Mi just smiled and bit back a retort about liking Kyuhyun's thighs because that would just be inappropriate.

~~~

"I hope you didn't mind me dragging you out to do something  so silly," Kyuhyun said as he pulled up to Zhou Mi's apartment building.

"No, not at all!" Zhou Mi exclaimed as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "I actually should try and do more of these things. See the history of Korea, you know."

Kyuhyun nodded and Zhou Mi got out of the car, not yet shutting the door. Zhou Mi met Kyuhyun's eyes, and before he could stop it, the words were out of his mouth.

"I really like you, Kui Xian."

Zhou Mi's eyes got wide and a hand came up to cover his mouth. Kyuhyun just looked at him, his face blank except the shock in his eyes.

"I'm sorry," Zhou Mi mumbled and looked at the ground as he shut the door. He turned, heading up the stairs and into his building as Kyuhyun drove away.

He couldn't believe he just said that. What had he possibly been thinking?