The Sweetest Thing

The erted Ghost in the Apartment

"Ask him. He's been barking at me since I arrived." Chanyeol murmurs then points at the poodle down the floor as he plays with Eun Mi's entertwined fingers at his own.

"Oh." Eun Mi chuckles. "You should have woke me up then."

"I don't want to." Chanyeol shakes his head, "You were sleeping so.. peacefully. You're smiling too! I don't want to ruin that."

"Really?" Eun Mi looks up, and their gazes locked. Chanyeol nods convincingly then smiles again. That was.. breath-taking.

"Alright. But you should wake me up next time." She says, nodding then adds, "What time did you left last night?"

"I don't know. Didn't checked the time." Chanyeol answers as a matter of fact. He sang a lullaby to her til she doze off to sleep last night. He stared at her sleeping figure for a long long time and heard her little incoherent sleepy mumbles before he left. He wanted to stay, he really wanted, but he can't because.. just because.

"Where did you go? Did you got home safely?"

"Aah. Y-Yeah. I got.. home.. still as a whole Chanyeol. See?" He replies, unsure. "But I went sight seeing first." He adds as he plants quick kisses on her forehead.

"Where?"

"Somewhere." He says. "That place was beautiful.. and breath-taking, just like you. You know, uh, not too long ago, I started coming there for.. thinking and relaxing. And it helped me, so much."

"Why didn't you woke me up? I want to go there too!" She complains. "You described it so nicely."

"You couldn't go. You shouldn't, yet." He says, tracing her finger nails in hand. "And I wouldn't see it if you'll go. I don't know.. but that's just how it is. Maybe."

"Why? Is it prohibited? Or are you just secretly sneaking your way to that place?"

"Not really. Not at all." He says, mind so focused on the topic. "It's just that.. this is not the right time for.. me to bring you there. I can, maybe, next time. Later. Or anytime.. but not now."

"I don't get it. Right time? What?"