Laughter

We Got Married!

 

__Roseanne

 

I wrapped my finger in thick gauze and cotton. It hurt pretty badly and the cut was pretty deep.

“You know, it’s moments like this where we really bond,” Dongwoon interrupted my thoughts.

“What do you mean? We bond through pain?” I laughed at his strange conclusion.

“Well not your pain necessarily but I mean look at us, we’ve got this down. It’s like we’re a team you know?”

I had no idea what he was talking about.

I just nodded my head and smiled, pretending to agree with him.

“So would you consider this our second memory together?” I asked him.

“Of course! It’s such a memorable memory!” he exclaimed.

“You know, you’re so weird. I don’t get you sometimes. Whatever you say Mr. D. Here, you can go put this on the shelf in the memory room since you consider this a ‘memorable memory,’” I handed the roll of gauze over to him.

He happily went over to the room.

I headed over to the couch, too tired to cook.

“Do you want to eat something?” Dongwoon asked, returning from his mini-adventure to the Memory Room.

“Yeah, I’m hungry. Cook me something honey,” I smiled at him.

His mouth spread into a grin.

Then to a frown.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I-I-I,” he stammered.

“What? What is it?” I was curious now.

“I-I-I-I can’t…”

“Can’t what? Spit it out!”

“I can’t cook,” he whispered to me.

I couldn’t help but laugh. I laughed so hard I fell over to my side and I felt moisture in my eyes.

“Hey, it’s not funny,” he pouted at me.

“It actually is,” I continued to laugh at him.

“If you don’t stop laughing, I’m going to be sad,” he turned his back toward me, his shoulders hunched over.

“Aw, don’t be sad. I’m not actually laughing at you. Just the way you made it such a big deal,” I tried to cheer him up.

He remained silent.

“Dongwoon?” I called.

Silence.

“Are you seriously upset because I laughed at you? Come on, you know I was kidding!” I said.

The silence was creeping me out now.

“I’m sorry Mr. D! I didn’t mean to be so insensitive. Please forgive me,” I came closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

The silence was dreadful.

 

“Dongwoon?”

I tried to come around and look at his face.

“Dongwoon?”

“BOO!”

I jumped back several feet and screamed as if the world was ending.

My heart was drumming so fast.

He scared the crap out of me.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Who’s the one laughing now?” he laughed, pointing his finger at me.

“Hey, that wasn’t very nice,” I pointed out.

“HEHEHEHEHEHE,” he laughed away.

I frowned.

This time it was my turn to turn my back against him.

“Hehehehe Rose, you were so scared you should’ve seen the look on your face. I can’t believe how easily you get scared,” he mocked.

I didn’t answer him.

“Let’s go out for dukkboki, since neither of us is going to cook breakfast,” he grabbed my wrist and dragged me out.

 

The entire time we were headed for the dukkboki place, I gave him the silent treatment, still upset about the scare that nearly made me poop my pants.

“We’re here!” he sang to me.

I glared.

“Don’t be a party pooper! Let’s go in!” he continued to drag me, but this time he reached for my hand.

I couldn’t stop the tiny smile that formed after our hands touched.

Dongwoon turned to look back at me and caught me smiling.

“Oooh so you do secretly like me,” he giggled.

I wiped the smile off my face and my glare returned.

“Stop pretending to me mad, you and I both know you love me,” he joked.

I stopped glaring but I refused to talk to him.

“Fine, I guess I’ll just have to force words out of you then,” he reached for my sides and started tickling me, in the middle of the streets!

I suppressed the words that wanted to come out and instead, I couldn’t stop my laughter.

The tickling was so much I started to cry from laughing.

“S-s-stop Dongwoon,” I managed to choke out from my laughter.

“That’s more like it,” he smirked, satisfied.

“You’re such a brat,” I smacked his arm.

“A lovely brat,” he smiled.