Past Love

We Got Married!

 

__Dongwoon

 

I watched as Rose staggered away from me, blown away. I laughed to myself. I didn’t know I had such an effect on her.

 

“Are you okay Rose?” I .

“I-I-I’m fine!” she bluffed confidence.

I laughed some more.

“Shall we play round two?” I asked teasingly

“I said only one round!” she defensively said.

“Hehehehe, there’s always time to change your mind~” I stood up to go put the Peppero box in the Memory Room. This was definitely something to remember.

 

__Roseanne

 

I didn’t know what was happening to me. After we finished the rest of filming, I was so confused with my feelings. If your heart pounds fast and you feel heat in your face, doesn’t that mean something? After filming, Dongwoon was way less flirty and he stopped teasing me. Does that mean something? Did the PD make him do this? Ahhhh my head was going to explode with all the possibilities. Why couldn’t the show just not exist? None of this would have ever happened if I never was signed up for the show.

I slammed my math book shut in frustration and put away my homework. I couldn’t concentrate any longer.

“Rose come out here!” MeeAe unnie called for me.

I was happy to get away from Dongwoon thoughts and my homework.

The unnies were watching an episode of WGM and my segment was on.

“Hey did you know that SeoHyun from SNSD is now participating? She’s a new member and the wife of Taemin,” Hanna unnie factually told me everything that was going on in WGM. Because Dongwoon and I only film for ourselves, we hardly ever interact with other members on the show.

“Taemin?!” I asked shocked. He was 2 years younger than SeoHyun and he was such a little babyface. I could never picture him being all romantic, even on a pretend show.

 

*6 months later*

 

The show was a huge success because of us. We were nicknamed the Red Rose couple and we had quite the number of fans. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn’t let anymore physical contact and the show get into my head. It was all work. This show was designed to make us look like a couple. I couldn’t freak out everytime we touched or made some lovey dovey contact. It was the show’s goal for us to be all lovey dovey. However, this didn’t stop me from being friends with Dongwoon oppa. We were definitely still friends, just not a real couple and I was okay with that. Ever since I made my promise to myself that it was all work, and just for show, filming hasn’t been a bit awkward and I’ve learned to deal with myself and Dongwoon oppa being romantic. Either way, I had to focus on my new single that I had. It was a duet with Hanna unnie and it was quite the challenge. Our voices have been named by netizens to be the “worst voices to be together” on some board of some fan website and the company wanted to prove people wrong. Being the lead vocal, there was a large amount of pressure put on me. And I’ve come to think that the netizens on the fan website are right… I don’t think our voices sound too hot together. So that’s been occupying a huge chunk of time for me… on top of finals week at school…

 

SeoHyun and Taemin actually turned out to be the most popular couple after us. The Red Rose team was seriously a huge hype in Korea now. We were scheduled to do a couple meeting with each other the following week.

 

__Dongwoon

 

It’s been nice to be hanging out with Rose for 6 months, every weekend. She’s quite the character. I think she only sees me as a friend and an oppa but I’m fine with that. At least we’re a couple on camera.

 

I got ready to our couple meeting with SeoHyun and Taemin for WGM.

“Hey we’re heading out in 5 min,” JoonKun hyung told me.

“I’m already ready, let’s just go now,” I anxiously said.

“Haha okay there love bunny,” JoonKun hyung teased.

 

We met the WGM crew at a school field. We were playing couple games against each other. The show was having some tournament type thing and the first two teams were Rose and me versus Taemin and SeoHyun. The winner of the two couples got to move on to the next level in the tournament. I wasn’t that upset if we lost this round. I didn’t feel like playing more games after today anyway. I told this to Rose and she agreed. We just decided to put on a good show for the audience and we would just lose.

 

After the games, we were given a break time and the two wives wondered off, taking a walk and I was stuck with Taemin.

“So how are BEAST promotions coming along,” he casually asked.

“Fine. What about SHINee?”

 

__Roseanne

 

After the games, SeoHyun spotted me and wanted to talk to me. She was the same age as Dongwoon oppa, so she was my unnie as well.

We were taking a walk along the trail nearby the field we played our games on.

“What’s up unnie?” I wondered why she wanted to speak to me in private.

“I want to warn you,” she threateningly said.

“Warn me for what?” I was shocked that she was so aggressive. This was our first actual time talking to each other outside of the show and she was being so… strange.

“Stay away from Dongwoon,” she demanded.

I laughed.

“How do you expect me to stay away from my virtual husband?” I was amused with her stupidity.

“I’m obviously talking about feelings here,” she said in a bitter tone.

“Oh, if you like Dongwoon oppa, don’t worry about me, we’re just friends,” I guess I saw where she was coming from but she didn’t have to be so rude about it.

“Good, keep it that way,” she threatened and walked off.

 

When the two of us returned to our husbands, SeoHyun acted completely different.

Instead of talking to Taemin and trying to make conversation with him, she was flat out flirting with Dongwoon. I was shocked at her actions but also the face that Dongwoon was letting her be and sometimes even responding…

Before I could even feel jealous, I reminded myself of the promise I made 6 months ago. I’m just going to let it go. We’re just friends and I have no right to feel jealous.

 

After filming ended, Dongwoon oppa asked me to get some coffee with him. It was winter now and Christmas was just around the corner.

“Do you want to go to Starbucks or the café downtown where we first met?”

“Let’s go to the café,” I suggested.

As we headed there, I tried to make casual conversation.

“So you and SeoHyun seem to be very close,” I said.

“Oh yeah, we met a long time ago when I was still a trainee and because we were the same age, we became friends. We actually went out for a while but we broke up when SNSD debuted. I think we dated for like… 2 years? Maybe less, I don’t really remember,” he told me.

“Oh so she was like your first love? I mean you were pretty young back then, weren’t you?” I wanted to know more.

“Yeah I guess you could say that. I had my first kiss with SeoHyun so that must count for something,” he laughed. “Why? Are you jealous?”

“Hahaha, you wish oppa,” I joked.

“Hey a guy can wish, can’t he?” he joked with me.

So if SeoHyun unnie just threatened me, obviously she still has feelings for Dongwoon… and if she still has feelings for Dongwoon, he potentially might go back to her after the show ends. Heck, he might go back to her before the show ends… hmmm…

“So who broke it off?” I asked curiously.

“She did of course. Because she had our debut and was going to be busy with SNSD activities… I was pretty heartbroken I have to admit. I thought we had more going on… something that couldn’t just be broken off, even for her debut. But then again, as a fellow idol I guess I can somewhat relate to it… but still it was pretty hard for me to deal with the breakup,” he admitted to me.

“So you still like her then?” I pressed on with the questions about SeoHyun.

“Well, I don’t really know. Now that I think about, she wasn’t really my type but we got along really well because we were the two youngest trainees and we could relate a lot. I think that’s what hit it off. Being able to relate to her and stuff. Eh, I don’t know,” he told me.

 

I don’t know what this is that I’m feeling. It’s like an odd, empty feeling inside. I just brushed it off and ordered my mocha cappuccino. I was done meddling in Dongwoon oppa’s past love life.