Golden Apple

We Got Married!

 

__Roseanne

 

After practice, I didn’t want to touch my bag or do anything with it. I don’t know what I was thinking all this time… I always expect so much from people over stupid little things. I sat there on the floor, looking at my bag, not wanting to take it.

 

“What the heck are you doing? Aren’t you going to go?” Hanna unnie asked.

“Just go without me, I’ll take a cab,” I sighed.

“What’s wrong? Are things not going well with the D-woon?” she asked.

“Just go. Leave me alone,” I said dramatically.

I honestly didn’t know why this was bothering me so much. I guess I’m just a dramaqueen at times.

After Hanna unnie left, I reluctantly took my bag and heaved it onto my shoulder. I dragged my feet out of the studio and called for a taxi.

 

Once I arrived home, I held my breath and opened my bag. I really don’t know why I’m making such a scene out of all of this. I impatiently waited as my phone and saw that there were no messages or missed calls from anyone. I sighed and dropped my phone.

I went to go join the other unnies out in the living room so we could all have a group sesh.

“Oh hey HaJoon oppa,” I was surprised to see him here. He usually doesn’t join us in our monthly group sessions.

“Have a seat Rose,” he gestured at the empty seat on the couch.

“Nah, I’ll just sit here on the floor,” I sat down and started munching on the fruit that was neatly cut for us.

“So girls, I have some news for upcoming schedules,” HaJoon oppa said.

“Alright, tell us,” Hanna unnie eagerly said, trying to look all cute in front of him. I noticed she put on some extra make up…

“Tomorrow we’re going to be on a show and I want each and every one of you to act as cute as possible. The company is upset because PinkStar’s reputation as being a cute girl group is dropping,” HaJoon oppa declared.

Wtf, who wants a cute girl reputation? I sighed. The company regulations and requirements were sometimes just too much… I guess this is the price to pay to be in a kpop group…

“What show are we going to be on?” EunMi unnie asked.

“It’s a new show called Golden Apple and you guys are going to be the very first girl group ever to be on it,” he said.

Well that’s no pressure at all, isn’t it?
“What are we supposed to do on the show?” I asked.

“It’s a show where a girl group interacts with a guy group so you guys are probably going to be paired off and probably asked to do some awkward stuff, I don’t know, just follow the groove,” he said.

“Awkward stuff? What do you mean by awkward stuff?” HyunEee unnie asked awkwardly.

“I think they’re going to just ask you to play ‘baby if you love me, please just smile’ and just silly games if you know what I mean,” he answered.

Oh funnnnn.

 

I went back into my room after our session was over and checked my phone with hopes. I was so excited to see 5 new messages and 2 missed calls from Dongwoon! :) I hurriedly unlocked my phone and read the messages. I smiled to myself. How silly of me to think that he didn’t want to respond. Of course he just happened to fall asleep. Hehehe, what was I thinking… I changed into my PJs and snuggled into my bed with a smile on my face.

 

*the next morning*

 

“GEEEEEEEEEET UP!” Hanna unnie shouted into my ear.

Seriously… this is my life every single morning. Being tortured and awoken by my psychotic, loud, not blood-related sister. Laskfjlkwjwkeljflwkjelwkej.

I rolled off my bed and dragged myself into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

 

Once we all got ready, we piled into the van to head to the KBS Headquarters to start our filming and given the rules and whatnot of the show.

Our pair guy group was SHINee and my partner was MinHo. HyunEE unnie’s partner was JongHyun, Hanna unnie’s partner was Taemin, MeeAe unnie’s partner was Onew and EunMi unnie’s partner was Key. I wasn’t really looking forward to filming for this show but I really had no other choice, like most of the time.

 

The PD explained the rules of the show. It was a guy vs girl’s game show in short. Whoever ‘caves’ in first loses the point in that round/match. Whoever gets the most points, gets the Golden Apple. The rounds consist of different types of mini games and you’re partner is really your opponent.

 

The first mini game was to pop a balloon with our partners, using our butts. HyunEee and JongHyun were up first. If either one of them smiled, they would lose the point for the round. JongHyun was handed a bright red balloon and they were off. They were only given 1 minute to do their popping and it wasn’t much of a success. MeeAe and Onew were next and they didn’t do so well either. Hanna unnie and Taemin went after and they managed to pop the balloon but she laughed so much it was evident that we lost the point from the start… Finally it was my turn and I put on my game face to make up for what Hanna unnie did and I succeeded! We popped the balloon with our behinds and I kept a straight face but so did MinHo. Of course I had to be paired with the competitive one. Our round was a tie… So it was 1-0 boys.

 

The next game was the Peppero Game. We had to munch on a peppero stick on either end and keep a straight face. Also, if anyone let go of the stick with their mouth, they lost. MinHo and I went first and it was the most awkwardest thing I’ve ever done. We were given a peppero stick and we just went at it. Each bite was terrifying so I took the tiniest bites possible. I had to keep a straight face as well. As our mouths got closer and closer, I closed my eyes, not knowing what to think. MinHo, being competitive didn’t let go and our lips met! I squealed and let go of the peppero stick that was connecting the two of us. I lost… not only that, I just received my first kiss… through a game… on a game show… for all of Korea to see… I stood there as MinHo grinned and I glared. He stripped away my first kiss!