Time Machine- HaeSica

If Only There's a Time Machine- One shots

Cars can be either fast or slow. One thing I know if you’re a slow car, you will be late and time will be wasted. I think I’m a slow car because I just let go of time and I just let go of him. I am just sitting here inside my car, just trying to stop the tears that are insisting of falling. But I became tired of holding back, and so I let them down. Just like how I let someone down. I looked at the window, the rain was pouring really hard. I raised my hand and began to write in the window, the name that’s been always in my mind. Sad memories came back to me.

Jessica begin remembering those memories

The weather was very fine, but not my mood. I was sitting inside my car, almost losing my patience. I looked at the time. I am already late for my job interview.

“Miss Jessica, please calm down. Maybe you will not be late if you just prepared earlier.” my driver hopelessly looked at me.

“Yah! I already know that. You don’t have to say it” I really have this habit of being late. But if there is one thing I really hate, its traffic.

I immediately opened my car and went out. Next thing I know, I was shouting like crazy.

“How long will it take for this traffic to move on!” I shouted. I caught a lot of attention right at that moment but I just ignored them.  “Yah!” I shouted once again and kicked the car.

“Why are you ruining your angelic face?” A guy was standing behind me. Smiling.“My name is Donghae. I owned the car right behind yours”

“I don’t care”

“You know what, why don’t you try to smile? It will light up your beautiful face” he kept smiling

I must admit. That smile really caught me. But I didn’t let this guy notice that so I went hurriedly inside the car and made a banging sound when I closed the door. I waited for how many more minutes before the traffic ended. I went ahead to a restaurant, since I am already an hour late for the interview and it will be better if I will not attend to it anymore. I was sitting alone in a table when someone pulled the chair in front of me and sat there.

“I guess destiny really want me to see you” I looked up and saw the guy that I just encountered lately.

“Why are you following me?”

“Correction, I was not following you. I just entered and then your beautiful face just caught my eye. I didn’t know you were here. And so I approached you, besides I really wanted to see you again”

“What do you want?

“To see you smile. And I will never leave your side until I see your smile. Smile pretty lady”

“You will not make me smile”

“Let’s make a bet. If I will make you smile, you will give you’re number and you will go out with me”

“It’s on” I was so confident.

But after an hour, I lose the bet. Donghae made me smile that day. He was so patient. That was the start of the beautiful things that happened to me. Because I lose, I gave him my number and we went out on a date the day after.  I had so much fun with him. He’s a very cheerful man. Why do you think he’s always smiling? The date was followed. We always eat together. We became close to each other. And one day, I know I was already in love with Donghae. So when he asked me to be his girl, I didn’t hesitate in saying yes.  We became a couple. The relationship lasted for years. Donghae is just so thoughtful and he’s always making me happy every single day. Everything was perfect, so perfect. Until one night….Donghae called me and said

“We will have a dinner at our favorite restaurant tonight at 7. PLEASE, do come” Just then I realized that I should attend Yuri’s party at 5. But I still have that habit of being late, so I came in the party at 6.

 “I know I’m late. I’m sorry, but please remind me if it’s already 7. I have a dinner to attend.”

“Ok, but have fun first.” I really had a lot of fun in the party that I didn’t even realize the time.

“Jess, it’s already 7”

“So what? I am having so much fun” I went on and stayed in the party. I danced and had fun with my friends. I don’t remember how long I stayed there. When I became tired, I sat down and get my phone that I just left in my bag. I was shocked to find missed calls from Donghae. I forgot about our dinner, and it’s already 10. I quickly left the party and went ahead to the restaurant hoping to see Donghae. But I didn’t. The manager of the place then asked my name and then gave me a bouquet of roses.

“A guy was here awhile ago. He was patiently waiting for someone. He stayed here and waited for how many hours .To be exact, 3 hours.  He kept saying his waiting for someone, and he believed she will come. He kept saying the name Jessica. I guess it you. Before he left, he told me to give you these roses when you come. I believed he really love you so much. Why did you make him wait?”

I just realized how dumb I was. I spent hours having fun while someone was waiting for me patiently.

The next day, I went to their house to apologize, but the only person I found was his mom.

“He already left Jessica. He really doesn’t want to go and stay in America but it’s urgent and he needs to because of the business. He’s staying there for good. That’s why he prepared that dinner so that he can talk to you about it. So that he can ask for your permission because the only thing that’s stopping him was you. But then you didn’t come. He’s on his way to the airport. Try to catch him.”

I ran as fast as I could, ignoring how many times I tripped and got hurt. But when I reached the airport, all I can do is cry, I was late. His plane already left. And he already left.

Jessica cried as she remembered those memories

 Days have passed. I am here inside my car in the middle of traffic, with a bouquet of roses at my side. It’s like the first time Donghae and I met. But now, even if I go out and shout again, I will never see him smiling behind me. The car behind mine was not his anymore. It was a fine day when I met him, and now, it’s raining because he’s not here for me anymore. If only I was smart enough to come on time that night. This will never be happen. Since he left, I never had a reason to smile again. Now I realized how important time was. Guess it’s over. I need a time machine. Give me a time machine. If only there’s one.

>>>>>>>

Ohhhh. These girls really need a time machine.