Time Machine- YoonBum

If Only There's a Time Machine- One shots

They said that marriage is sacred. You should be married only to the person you love and not because of any more reasons. Everyone is looking at me. Why wouldn't they? A girl walking in the streets in her wedding gown would probably something that can caught attention. I don't love the one I'm marrying today so why would I go on with the wedding. This is my second time to run away from someone. Now, I regret why did I run away from Kibum. I regret why I hurt him.

Yoona continued walking as she remembered what she did

I have a boyfriend and his name is Kibum. We've been a couple for a long time. My parents are in politics. I have an older sister. Our family is very famous and adored by all people. That became a threat to my relationship with Kibum that's why we decided to keep it a secret. One night, Kibum invited me in a place somewhere near the beach. Because it was already late, there were no people there. Not so far, I already saw Kibum. I asked why he invited me here.

"Just want to say something very important" I asked him why, but he just shocked me when he knelt on the ground and pulled out a box. When he opened it, it happens to be a ring.

"Yoona, will you marry me?"

"Definitely yes" he immediately hugged me and I hugged him back.

I'm already engaged to the person I want to devote myself with. Kibum is just an average guy, just owned a business of his own. I know my parents want for me is someone who is far better than him. But this is my heart, not theirs.

It's been 2 weeks. I went home from the mall. When I opened the door, I was terrified to see my father slapping my sister. I hurriedly ran towards them and begged my father to stop. My dad was very angry.

"I told you not to disappoint me! Why did you went and tell Taecyeon's parents that you will not continue the wedding?!"

"You already forced me before to have the job that I've never like, I did obey you , but to arranged me to marry someone I've never love , I will never do that"

My dad already raised his hand and he was going to slap my sister again but I stopped him. My sister ran away and she decided to leave our house once and for all. I did stop her but she said that she will be happier if she would go away from the family. I was very sad to let my sister go but I want her to be in control of her life. Taecyeon was the son of my dad's bestfriend and also partner in the politics. Dad had always been forcing to marry Taecyeon because it's for the pride and sake for our family's name.

The next day, I woke up and went down the stairs. I saw my dad on the phone. When he finished talking with someone; which I really dont have any idea who it was, he approached me seriously. I can tell that there's something wrong. I ask who just called earlier.

"Taecyeon's dad. We are talking about their son's wedding with our daughter"

"But unnie already ran away last night. She said she don't want to marry Taecyeon"

"I'm not talking about your imprudent sister. I'm talking about you. You're sister already left me with disappoinment last night. I dont want to cancel the wedding between our family and Taecyeon's. Since your sister chose to not marry Taecyeon, then you will be the one marrying him"

"No dad! I will not let my future be planned by you. I will not marry Taecyeon because I already love someone and we're already engaged" He furiously slapped me.

"You 2 are both disappointments! You're going to marry Taecyeon either you want it or not. You're going to break up with that guy. I know youre also a hard headed, so let me say this to you, if you will choose to follow the footsteps of your sister, you will never be a part of this family again. We will deprive you with all the things you have. I'm going to make you life miserable." I cried so hard. I dont want to break up with Kibum, but I know my dad and he will mean what he said. I know he will make mine and Kibum's life miserable. I'm he's only chance on saving my family's name. I've made the choice that happened to be the greatest mistake I had. I went to Kibum and gave him back the ring he gave me.

"Yoona, what is the meaning of this?"

"That only means that I'm not going to marry you anymore. Ive realized that I really dont love you"

"You're joking. Stop it, it's not funny"

"This is not a joke. I'm not marrying you" I left him right there.

Months have passed and they already finalized my wedding, my wedding with Taecyeon. The whole time they we're planning about the wedding, I'm thinking about someone else. Kibum. Since the day I hurt him, I was never had the chance to talk to him again. I can see him sometimes when we will coincidentally meet each other on the streets, but he's the one who will walk away. I know he's mad at me for leaving him.

The day of my wedding came. A lot of visitors went, most of them are very popular in the town. I can tell that they are very excited for the wedding. Funny, the visitors are more excited than the bride. I walk down the aisle until I reached the altar and have Taecyeon beside me. When the priest asked me,

"Yoona, will you accept Taecyeon here to be your lawfully wedded husband?" I looked at Taecyeon who was staring at me with confusion. I whispered " I'm sorry" and I left the wedding.

Yoona held her gown and ran

And now, this is me, running in the streets on my wedding gown, ignoring the snow that falls. I cant marry someone I never love. I can't imagine the rest of my life with somebody I never want in the first place.  I ran faster. I stopped in front of a jewelry store because I saw someone that made my heart jump. It was Kibum. He's in the store and I guess he's picking something. I went inside but I wasn't able to approached him because of what I've heard.

"Are you going to ask your girlfriend to marry you? We have a lot of pretty rings here" The saleslady asked Kibum.

"Not fot now. I'm going to be sure this time. i dont want to be engaged with someone again and after weeks she will give back the ring and change her mind. I wont let someone break my heart again"

As I heard that, I immediately went out the store. There's no reason to go back to him anymore. I really hurt him so much that it stayed as a scar on his heart. If time will permit; i want to remove that scar and go back in time to change my decision. But I can't control time. I ran faster and I don't mind where my feet will bring me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is the last story. The 9th mistake. I hope you liked it. Anyway, thank you again for subcribing and posting your comments. I want to know your thoughts about all of the stories. Kamsahamnida :)