Chapter 5: Agree to disagreeable

Chingu; Naneun Saranghaeyo

-----I'm so sorry for the late update guys, I was just too busy with my studies now and plus with my extra-curricular activities in school. I hope you understand. However, I want to send my appreciation to all of you  who were waiting for my update. Don't forget to comment.. :)) Don't worry I'll really try my very very best to update more often. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Saranghae <3 

 

(Yuri POV)

 

It was our breaktime. I slowly put back my things to my bag and will then head to the cafeteria.

 

"Yuri-ya Palliwayo..I want to eat now.." Sooyoung complained while she was trying to grab my hard. 

 

"Chakaman Sooyoung-shi..Aiishh! What a Shikshin." I replied. She wasn't able to handle it anymore so she grabbed my wrist and I was forced to stand up. I  gazed at Minho's direction who was busy talking with Krystal.  Maybe they were just talking about their assignment. again?wooaa..I feel so downhearted. I thought

 

Sooyoung who was taken aback because of my action dragged me to their direction. It seemed like she understood my gesture very well. I just let her drag me eventhough I felt a little bit hesitant. I don't want to interrupt them but as much as I don't want it, some part of me would always say that I must go over there. 

On the other hand, Minho noticed  that we are coming  to their direction so he immediately smiled. 

 

"oh..sooyoung-shi ..pretty chingu.." he called.. We smiled back..I don't know but I felt like Krystal was looking at me with so much intense so I moved my eyes onto here ..she was a little bit stunned, so she quickly smiled at me..I was so clueless then,  I just smiled back at her and even greeted her. Maybe I was just thinking too much. 

 

Sooyoung also greeted everyone including Jonghyun who was busy talking with Sekyung, his seatmate as well as partner in Mr. Kang's assignment. It was then the start of another bickering session. It seemed like they weren't tired pulling each other's flaws. They acted like choding everytime they encounter each other which is normal for us because if they're not like that..it just means that something odd is up.

 

"Enough angry birds, I thought you were hungry Sooyoung? It must be that you forgot about  it just because you saw Jonghyun." I . Everyone except for the two chuckled. And, Jongyun who was so clueless just rubbed his temples. On the other side, Sooyoung glared at me with furrowed eyebrows.

 

"Yah! Dark skin, wanna die? or do you want me to reve---" Before she can continue what she was trying to imply, I quickly covered and looked at her with my widened eyes. I then smiled at her mischievously to prompt her not to say anything because It might kill me. 

 

"Woaaahh! You're very hungry sooyoung, right? Let's go now.." I cupped her face and smiled playfully. I quickly grabbed her arm so that she couldn't get any chance to speak for more. 

 

"aiisshhh! this shikshin must be very hungry right now..We'll go ahead first Everyone." I acted, I bid our goodbyes to them eventhough I really wanted to eat with Minho right now. It's been a while since the last time we ate together. I was just so afraid that Sooyoung might not able to control herself and will end up slipping out my precious secret. I'm not ready to die yet... I exaggeratedly thought

 

I dragged Sooyoung outside the classroom at the same time saw the four people standing up and seemed like walking towards us. I was right when Minho suddenly called my name.

"Yuri-ya" He softly shouted. We stopped so I immediately talked to Sooyoung before they can reach us.

 

"Sooyoung!.. Don't you ever reveal it..Do you want me to die young?" I yelled at her with so much desperation

 

"You started it." She directly said with so much seriousness on her face. I looked at her apologeticaly and then lowered my head as a sign of defeat.

 

She, who saw my reaction bursted out laughing while touching her stomach.." HAHAHA! I was just kidding Yuri-ah, Look at your face, you're like a lost kid. I was just teasing you." I hit her harm weakly and hissed.

 

"Just don't tease me with that Dino-head" She said with a sudden seriousness. Even if Sooyoung would not tell me directly, the way she acted towards Jonghyun would always say that she has something for him,  I  just can't tell what. 

 

"prettychingu.." Minho uttered and smiled 

"Oh buddy?" I asked

"Let's eat together.." He suggested

"ah! chincha?" I felt happy.

 

"Neh..We too, are hungry..and it would also be better to eat together since Krystal doesn't still know someone yet aside from us." He said, I suddenly felt weak by his thought. It was so unusual of him to care that much to someone he have just known a few days ago. 

 

I controlled my emotions and acted normally. " Ah! Sure why not..that would be great" I beamed a wide smile.. eventhough the truth was I felt uncomfortable seeing them together. They've gotten really close even for the fact that they've just met few days ago.  I think I must now learn that I cannot  depend my own happiness to Minho forever. I thought

 

" YA! Palliwa.. I don't want to risk my stomach by just standing here.." Sooyoung complained. We laughed by her gesture.

 

As we headed to the cafeteria, people kept on staring at us. It wasn't new for me because I always experience it everytime I'm with Minho..But today was different, I felt disquietness inside me.. I walked normally without looking the people surround me. But, Even if how I tried to focus myself into our way, I still didn't avoid hearing a bunch of girls murmuring to each other.

 

Some commented.." Is that Minho and the new student, woaah they've gotten really close huh!..",    " Otoke?, I'm envious. They really suit each other..a God and a Goddess..what a perfect combination,."         "So Yuri and Minho were really just bestfriends as what they were trying to say before?".         " what a perfect couple they could be.."..     "she's yipudaa"..

 

I slightly looked at my back and saw Krystal and Minho smiling at each other. It seemed like I was not the only one who heard those murmurs. I twitched my fingers to ease my feelings. I want to cover my ears and run away away from here. Is it really the prize of being in love? I asked myself silently. I've never felt so nervous before. Even how many girls Minho would date or like him. I was not even threatened nor afraid. I felt jealous before. YES! but not like this..

 

----------------------------------

 

We ate together. I was smiling and laughing with them but still, my heart seemed to focus on different thing. I was aware with  their every action and gesture. Whoever will look at them could really say that they are a perfect combination. And I'm envious for that fact.  I shook my head to forget what I was thinking earlier. I have to control this emotion or else I'll end up ruining everything. I thought

 

I then excused myself to go to the comfort room. I was trying to compose myself and be at my normal state. I don't want to look miserable. 

 

I stayed at the comfort room  just staring myself at the mirror. The way they interact each other kept on coming in my mind over and over again.  I was always bombarded by their scenes together.  So, I looked down and reflected for awhile. I then lifted my head up and looked at the mirror again. Since I was the only person in the C.R., I talked to myself as what I usually do when there's no one whom I can express my feelings with.  

 

"Yuri-ya...stop acting like this...okay? You can handle this, right? Just be Optimistic..Don't bother other people by your own fault...Arasso? " I said to myself. I breathed out  heavily and tried to smile. I somewhat felt relieved but  what I did..

 

As I was about to say for more, someone suddenly went inside.

 

"Ay Umma!" I uttered..I was dumbfounded for a second.

 

"Mianhaeyo Yuri-ya" It was Krystal. She apologeticaly smiled at me

 

I tried to laugh.  " it's okay Krystal-shi" I smiled back at her

 

I started to wash my hands to cover up what I was really doing in the CR and  She then joined me.  A sudden silence occurred between the two of us. It was a little bit awkward to my part but I never let it too obvious.  I tried to seek for something to say, atleast to break the tension I felt. I looked at the mirror and smiled at her reflection..

 

" so...so how do you find here Krystal?, I hope you were having fun" I hesitantly asked and smiled..

 

"so far, so good..I never thought to have friends.." She said with a smile.

"waeyo?" I asked innocently

"normally people would say I'm the snobbish type because i'm kinda expressionless." She replied and slightly smiled

 

"chincha?. Maybe, you're kinda expressionless but you know it's not really hard to be friends with you." I said sincerely, I may feel uncomfortable when I'm with her sometimes but It didn't hinder me to admit that she's really a good person.

 

"Kamsahamnida, yuri-ya....that..that's why I was also  thankful to Minho who approached me first, I got also the chance to know all of you.." She shyly said..her eyes sparked as she mentioned Minho's name ..

 

I smiled at her.." Yeeaahh! Buddy might look somewhat a self-absorbed guy but the truth is that he's the friendly type" I said to her

 

"You're really close with him, Aren't you?" Krystal asked

 

"Neh! closer than bestfriends, we were like brothers and sisters..We got to know each other since we were kids that's why." I  uttered.. I never wanted to say it that way but I just said it to conceal my feelings for Minho. Why is it so hard then..in the first place, this is what I really wanted,  right? to hide forever?.I thought

 

"wow! that's cool..childhood friends as we say..So you really knew a lot of things about him?. " She asked actively.

 

"hmm..quite a lot.." I smiled at her. I was cluesless with her sudden questions about Minho and it somewhat let me feel weak. 

 

 

-------------------------

 

Krystal and I went out together from the comfort room.  She clung on my arm and beamed with a wide smile on her face. I forced myself to smile but then the sudden scene earlier kept on intruding my mind. 

She never took her arms off of me until we reached on our seats.

 

She then whispered. "Thank you Yuri-ya, you're a big help."

I slightly smiled at her and said.." no worries Krystal-s

hi"

I felt so down and my heart swelled but I refused to act what I felt inside. As a usual me, I just smile as if nothing is bothering me. 

 

As we took our seats... "You've gotten closer huh" Minho suddenly said and seemed like very happy of what he witnessed. Krystal and I both smiled.

Sooyoung on the other hand kept on staring at me. Her eyes wanted to ask something but decided not to speak out for some reasons.

So I looked at her with a big smile for her not to be bothered with my sudden shift of mood. Then she shrugged. Sooyoung was just too good for her not to notice. She knew me very well.

As we decided to go back to our classroom, Sooyoung held my wrist...The four people looked at out direction as they noticed that we stopped.

 

"OMO! I forgot something..You'll better go ahead..I'll just let Yuri to come with me." She perfectly said as if it was really true. I knew for the fact that she was going to intererrogate me. As much as I don't like to open it up, still, I can't help about it anymore..This time, I felt incapable of handling this thing alone. I need someone to talk with. Someone whom I can count on..

And then they went to the classroom first.. We were now alone with Sooyoung..

" Hey! Yuri-ya? What happened between the two of you? that girl, did she do something to you?" She asked.

"Aniyo, It was really nothing." I replied

"We'll not go anywhere unless you will tell me the truth..i know there's something." She bluntly said

And the scene earlier came on flashback . . .

 

"You're really close with him, Aren't you?" Krystal asked

"Neh! closer than bestfriends, we were like brothers and sisters..We got to know each other since we were kids that's why." I  uttered.. I never wanted to say it that way but I just said it to conceal my feelings for Minho. Why is it so hard then..in the first place, this is what I really wanted,  right? to hide forever?.I thought

"wow! that's cool..childhood friends as we say..So you really knew a lot of things about him?. " She asked actively.

"hmm..quite a lot.." I smiled at her. I was cluesless with her sudden questions about Minho and it somewhat let me feel weak. 

"Can I ask you a favor Yuri-ya?" She asked me, I shrugged. I don't know how to respond on her question. I don't want to think anything so oddly but my heart was beating fast. I felt like something I don't want is going to happen. I then unconsciously nodded at her..I don't know how it happened..all I can think of was that I already agreed

"Can you help me with Minho?" She boldly yet shyly asked

"mwoh?" I yelled..I was suprised.. I still don't know what she meant by that but I was quite nervous and shaky. I twitched my fingers. In this way I can control myself being so tense.

"umm..ummm..the truth is that I really really like him even before he smiled and approached me..I know it's strange to confess like this and knowing the fact that we just knew each other few days ago....I don't know why but I just feel that he likes me too" She shyly confessed and lowered her head on the ground.

I was taken aback by her sudden confession. It was like a bang to my senses. Did i misheard something? I asked silently. I felt numb and speechless. How can she ask me like that? If you only knew Krystal..

"why..why me?" I stammered and gritted my teeth

"because I know you two are bestfriends...jebal Yuri-ya?.. I know it's strange but..but I just can't help it.." She said with puffy eyes and  so much sincerity. 

How can these things happen to me? Am I that unfortunate enough? Why me? really me? I felt dejected..

Without knowing I already agreed out of confusion. 

I fakely smiled at her....Then, she suddenly hugged me..."Thank you so much Yuri-ya. I owe you this." ..I smiled back at her as if I didn't feel awfulness inside me. OTOKE?

We then went out together from the comfort room....    

(end of flashback)

 

"Yuri-ya?" Sooyoung interrupted me by tapping my shoulder...I then awakened to my senses.

I slightly smiled at her and told her what really happened between Krystal and I. 

She yelled in disbelief. She was also surprised by Krystal's sudden confession.

I didn't speak anymore. I think I was losing my strenght. I just can't believe it happened more sudden than I expected. Sooyoung who was also speechless hugged me tightly to comfort me...

"Everything will be okay Yuri-ya..Just think that Everything has a reason..You may lose him, rest assured someone will come..someone better than you expected...Don't lose hope..Besides, you still have me.." Sooyoung comfortly said,

I just nodded, I controlled myself not to cry as what Sooyoung said, "Everything has a reason..I should not give up..."