What Really Happened - Final

The Unpredictable Truth

Infinite - Man In Love or

SHINee - 1000 Years; Always By Your Side

New story posted at the bottom of this chapter.


“What room in Jung Daehyun in?!”

The nurse looked up, startled. “What’s you relation with the patient-“

“I’m his girlfriend!” You snapped impatiently. You didn’t care if you were causing a ruckus. You just needed to know Daehyun was okay.

She jumped when you slammed your palm onto the desk. The nurse shuffled through some files, “He’s in room 2A.”

You bolted up two flights of stairs and searched the corridors for room 2A. Your eyes grazed over the plates and found 2A. Without knocking, you opened the door.

You lost your breath when you saw Daehyun’s unconscious body lying on the bed. The oxygen mask covered his face and there was a huge bandage wrapped around his forehead. You read the papers and it said that he was involved with a car accident.

Tears surrounded your eyes and you tried to blink them away. You walked closer to him, “Pabo...”

You sunk on the seat next to the bed. You grasped Daehyun’s hand and held it tight, “Pabo! Pabo! Pabo! Look what your clumsiness did... I wasn’t even there to save you. I would’ve taken the hit for you...” You cried, “You have to wake up. Wake up for me... I can’t live without you...”

Silence hugged you. Seeing Daehyun unconscious broke your heart. You preferred getting hurt than him. In your life, he came first. It hurt so much to pretend you didn’t care about him, that you didn’t love him. In truth, all you wanted was him.

But seeing him here, lying on the hospital bed, made you sick to your stomach.

“Daehyun-ah... I love you... Please don’t leave me...” You buried your head into your arms and cried.

“I knew it...”

You lifted your head with wide eyes. Daehyun was gazing down at you with loving eyes and he was the back of your head. “H-how did you...” You were confused.

Daehyun gently smiled, “I faked it all.”

“Why?” You asked.

“It was the only way to find out the truth,” He looked at you and it made you die inside. He looked like he was in so much pain. All the guilt built up inside you, knowing that you were the one who made him so vulnerable. “You wouldn’t open up to me and I knew everything you were telling me was lies.”

“But... how’d you get my boss to help you? When did you get in touch with him...”

Daehyun smiled, “When you left for California. All those things you said to me.... It hurt.. But I knew you were only saying it for Pete’s sake.”

You bit your lip. Daehyun took your hand, “Lemme tell you what happened. I was thinking about our meeting at Namsan Tower...”

 

Daehyun thought long and hard about you. He looked for clues, anything he could get to get you back. He rubbed his chin and squinted his eyes, *Why Namsan Tower?... Why would she bring me to a place for couples?*

He thought about it. It took him hours to figure it out but it dawned him. You took him there because of the note you wrote on the lock. You wanted him to read what you wrote but he never found out because of how heartbroken he was.

He took a bus to Namsan Tower. Even though it was reaching night, he looked for the two locks. Due to the anxiety, he couldn’t remember where the heck they were. He searched pad after pad. Hours past and it was close to midnight. Daehyun thought about giving up, but each and every time, he thought of what you could’ve possibly written. That gave him power to look even harder. He read a familiar blue lock; his lock. His locked that wrote, “____, you’re not like any other girl I met. You’re special. You unlocked my heart that I tried so hard to keep shut. I want to experience more with you. You give me hope and you’re my light in my life. ____-ah... Saranghae.”

He smiled at his small, messy handwriting. Daehyun picked up the attached lock with shaky hands. He cautiously read the neat writing, “I’m sorry for lying to you. It hurts me to do so but I have no other choice. It’s what I do for a living. If you’re reading this, that means you must know my feelings for you. That’s right. I love you. I’ll work hard for us... Whatever it takes... But by the time you read this, I’ll probably be gone. Mianhae.”

Daehyun stood there, shocked. The two of you had fallen in love with each other at the same time yet, none of you knew. He had to get you back no matter what. And that’s when he asked Mr. Nam for help.

 

“And why should I help you?”

“Please. I know it’s not allowed, but I’m asking for your permission. Can’t you be flexible and bend some rules? Just this once?” Daehyun pleaded.

Mr. Nam thought, “Well... It does seem she’s much happier when she’s with you and as much as I hate to break rules, I really want you two to be together, too...”

Daehyun silently cheered. Mr. Nam seemed reasonable enough to talk to. If it were Daesom, Daehyun would’ve never even spoke to her.

“I guess I can help.”

Daehyun bowed, “Kamsamnida! You won’t regret it!”

Mr. Nam put on a straight face to keep his cool and strict boss image. When Daehyun left the door, Mr. Nam broke into a smile, “Aish. That punk can be quite persuading. He sure is something... perfect match for ____.”

 

You gripped onto Daehyun’s hand, “You read my message, too?”

Daehyun nodded, “Yeah, I did- Wait. What? You read mine before?”

You smiled a little bit, “I read it when we met up last time.”

Daehyun pulled you in for a warm embrace, “I miss you, ____... I miss you a lot...”

You closed your eyes and inhaled his scent, “I do, too.”

Daehyun narrowed his eyes at you, “What were you saying about taking the hit for me before?”

‘Oh, yeah.” You gazed into his chocolate brown eyes.

“Why would you do that?”

“I would sacrifice my life for you.”

Daehyun leaned his forehead against yours and sighed in bliss, “_____...”

“Hm?” You closed your eyes with him.

“You’re mine,” And he kissed you.

You broke the kiss first, “You didn’t get my message, did you?”

Daehyun looked at you weirdly, “What message?”

You sighed and reached your hand into his pocket. You took his phone out and called your old, terminated number. Daehyun pointed, “But it says the number’s no longer available.”

You pressed the number one on the keypad and gave the phone to Daehyun. “Message from.. Agent 007.” Then your voice came on, “Mianhae, Daehyun. I love you, wait for me. I’ll come back for you.”

Daehyun’s eyes widened at the newly founded information. His face scrunched up in confusion, “How’d you do that?”

You sighed, “Well, if you waited a little bit more, you would’ve heard it!”

“So...” You raised an eyebrow, “You’re not really hurt, right?”

Daehyun shook his head, “Nope.”

You grinned widely, “Lets go!”

You grabbed his hand and whipped the bandage off of his head. He slipped his shoes on and ran beside you. “Where are we going?”

“We’re going to train you. I haven’t had a good fight in days!” You groaned.

Daehyun gulped and eyed you, “Do I have a choice?”

“Do you want one?”

“No.”

“Okay then.”

You took him to a private gym. The lights were dim and there were beat up mats everywhere. You brought Daehyun to a punching bag, gave him a pair of boxing gloves and patted the punching bag, “Hit as hard as you can.”

Daehyun raised an eyebrow, “Can’t I just fight you? It’s boring hitting an inanimate object.” He teased.

“You sure? You’re not the best fighter in B.A.P though.”

Daehyun pretended to be offended, “What?! I’ve won fights before!”

You crossed your arms, “By yourself?”

Daehyun pinked, “... I won against Zelo before. But in my defense, I’ve never needed to fight anyone on my own before!”

“You’ve won one battle while I’ve won hundreds. You’re going to need my experience to beat me.”

Daehyun pecked your cheek, “Then help me learn how to fight like you.”

You his arm, “First battle of level strategy,” You flipped him over your back, “Don’t ever let your opponent distract you.”

Daehyun groaned and rubbed his soar back. He got up, “Okay, fine. I’ll fight you for real now. But, am I authorized to use force?”

“Definitely~” You purred.

“You have to go easy on me though. You’re an agent for crying out loud!”

You rolled your eyes, “You have the best fighter in the agency in front of you. Give me a reason not to beat your .”

“I’m your boyfriend,” he winked.

Daehyun ran towards you and instead of trying to hit you, he tackled your down on the mattress. He lied on top of you and pecked your lips repeatedly.

You giggled and he smiled, “Aigo!” He pinched your cheeks, “You’re so adorable! I can’t get enough of you~”

You searched his eyes, “Why’d you go after me? I’m an agent, I kill people for a living.”

Daehyun stopped smiling and looked back at you, “... I know you do it because you have to, not because you want to.”

“I became part of the CIA to serve. I’m nothing but an agent to anyone...”

Daehyun brushed your bangs out of your eyes, “The world knows you as agents... I know you as humans. I’m not saying what you do it right... but for once, I’m not against it.”

“You think I’m fearless when I’m on a mission?”

Daehyun nodded, “You make it look easy.”

You leaned in closer, your lips were brushing against each other, “Lemme tell you a secret no one else knows... Missions are never wrecking for me.”

Daehyun leaned down but you flipped him over so that now you were on top. He rested his hands on your hips, “Don’t you ever rest?!”

“The CIA’s best never rests,” you winked.

Daehyun hugged you tighter, “I’m so glad to have you back in my life.”

You buried your face into his chest and felt at peace immediately, “Me, too.”

“You know how you told me you made a promise to your boss that you would leave me when you finished the mission?”

“Yeah.”

“That scared me. I thought you were going to keep that promise,” He scolded, “Don’t make promises you can’t keep. It scares the crap out of me.”

You chuckled, “But sometimes, those are the best types of promises.”

 

“You finally got back with her?!”

“It took you forever!”

“Yah! How slow are you?!”

s shoved him around. Yongguk clapped your back, “Welcome back, ____.”

“Thanks, Guk Oppa.”

Himchan came over to you, “Can we trust you?”

“Absolutely,” said both Daehyun and Yongguk.

You swung your arm over Himchan’s shoulder, “With all due respect, I’m the best you got.”

Himchan laughed and ruffled your hair in a brotherly way. “Lets watch a movie!” screamed the maknaes.

The lights got turned off and everyone sat down in front of the flat screen TV. Even though there were many obstacles, it was all worth it. If anything, you would’ve done everything again to develop a relationship with Daehyun. It put you at peace.

Daehyun wrapped his hand around your waist and rested his head on your shoulder. You looked around at the faces and your smile grew even more. To be honest, you were relieved to be accepted into the family again. After all, family is the one thing anyone can yearn for.

All in all, you were happy to say that you had a pretty good outcome. Ever since you accepted the job of a CIA agent, you expected Karma to bite your back in the future and turn your life upside down. But seeing that you had an understanding boss, Daehyun, and newly gained brothers, you were satisfied with your life.

Instead of watching the movie, you snuggled into Daehyun some more and napped on his shoulder. Daehyun kissed the top of your head and peered at your face. He, too, was content with everything at the moment.


So this is the end. That was a really bad ending.. I really had no heart ending it so if it’s a really bad ending, which it is, sorry. Another reason was that I had no clue how to end it. But I’m getting really tired of dragging it out.  And this story is now marked with a [Complete!] Yay! ^_^ Join me at my other stories!

The Mask of The Full Moon (Starring EXO's Kai and Chanyeol)

 

Five Points On A Star (Starring Jay Park)