Panic!

The Unpredictable Truth

Kim Jaejong - Mine


Before you knew it, night fell and you were already trying to find a place to stay.

Yongguk and Daehyun were supporting you as you sort of limped down the narrow alleyway. As the air decreased, it became extremely hard for you to breathe. You took short and sharp breaths, as your cracked rib began to ache once again.

A deep frown creased Daehyun’s face. “You’re not okay. I know we can’t go to the hospital but you need help.”

Aside from the broke rib, you were fine. Those men were in a much worse conditions than you. “I just need a roll of bandages.”

Fortunately, there was a pharmacy across the street. “I’ll get it.” Before they could protest, you slowly crossed the street and entered the market. No one noticed how your hand ‘accidentally’ brushed against the anti theft sensor.

Coincidentally, the roll of bandages was at the spot where the security camera couldn’t reach. Since this part of town was deserted, there was only so little items in stock. You looked around for something they didn’t have and purposely asked, “Do you have any alcohol wipes?” The man shook his head, “Nope.”

You nodded, pocketing the roll, and exiting the store.

The 6 held their breath as you opened the door and painfully walked out. “Well?” Yongguk asked.

You held out the roll of bandages. Jongup tilted his head, “How’d you do that? How come it didn’t beep?” That question caught their attention, too.

“I attached a micro chip on it. It shuts down all the technology down.” You explained. Zelo’s eyes bugged out at all the advanced technology they had in the CIA, “Did you get it back? It could be useful!”

“Yeah, I got it.”

You wrapped the bandages tightly around your ribcage, “My boss sent me some money. We can take a bus downtown and escape for now.”

You sat in the very front. Tiredly, you rested your head on Daehyun’s shoulder as he stared at you. After a few seconds, he laid his head on top of yours.

“Daehyun... Are you still mad at me?” You sighed.

Daehyun raised an eyebrow and lifted his head, “Why would I still be mad? I forgot about it.”

“Because I’m a trained assassin... I kill for a living. Doesn’t that make you shameful that you have a girlfriend like that?”

Daehyun chuckled and flicked your head, “Pabo-yah. I thought you would know that I’m not like. C’mon, gimme some points, huh? I’m not that bad, believe in me ____. I care about who you are, not what you are.”

“You’re right... I’m sorry. But I promise, this will be over before you know it.”

Daehyun grinned and held his pink out, “You promise?”

You laced pinkies and connected thumbs, “I promise. And I never break my promises.”

“You’re so different that who I thought you would be. I thought to myself, ‘Who are you?’”

You sighed and closed your eyes, “I’m just a girl who wants to be left alone...”

Daehyun softened and looked out the window. Due to the rain, the window became misty. Daehyun reached over and wrote something before falling asleep, meeting you in his dreams.

“사랑해”

 

After the last stop, you found a log house a few miles later.

It was the night before you would actually take action. Tomorrow, you would go to the sewage alone. You weren’t going to mention this to B.A.P, either.

The situation was starting become a wild goose chase. They didn’t think you would come after them, but that was exactly what you were going to do. You were going to try and take thing under control.

When everyone was asleep, you made sure to sharpen your knives and securely strapped your sword bag to your back. Daehyun shuffled in his sleep. You shoved all the blades out of sight, pretending to stare out into space.

“What are you thinking about?” Daehyun opened one eye.

“Nothing much.” You lied. You were actually trying to think about what could possibly happen, positively. However, only negatives things came to mind.

“How many people do you think are working for them?” You shifted in your seat, “I’m just itching to fight. I miss the adrenaline that rushes through my body.” You cracked your knuckles.

Daehyun stared at you, quite confused at your words. “Why are you like this? You’re an agent, a master assassin. But why are you acting like a soldier who’s waiting to kill its enemy.”

You stopped thinking about all the possible deaths and sighed; you knew exactly what he meant. Your tongue poked the inside of your cheek. “I have a lot of red in my ledger, and I tend to get it out. Si Yeon died by a drug lord; I’m not letting history repeat itself.”

Yongguk rose up. His purple, disheveled hair made him look like an untamed beast. He made it even messier, if possible, by running his fingers through his hair. Tears formed in his eyes as he yawned. “Daehyunnie? What are you doing up?”

Daehyun shrugged carelessly, “I heard this weird noise... Must’ve been dreaming.” He scratched his head. “What are you doing up?” He asked Yongguk.

“I thought I should tell ____ about Jaesul.”

Now, your attention was all on him.

Yongguk spoke, “Bang Jaesul never lost a fight, know why? He doesn’t pick a fight he can’t win.”

----

That night, Jaesul gathered his gang. He kept pacing around but he was interrupted. “Woah. Jaesul-yah. Why are you pacing around like a wet dog?” Kim Daejun jumped onto the beaten-up couch. He brushed off the lint of an apple and bit into it.

These 6 fathers were no better than other gangs. In anything, they were worse. They had no mercy and killed women as a hobby. “Shut it.” Jaesul growled.

Minhwan, Zelo’s father, sensed the seriousness in his voice and asked, “What’s gotten you so anxious? I haven’t seen you this scared since a kid, when you dislocated your shoulder!” Minhwan doubled over in laughter.

“I’m not scared,” He scoffed, “The Bang Jaesul doesn’t get scared.” He popped the collar of his leather jacket.

Changdon grunted, “Then what the hell did you call us for?” He was the quiet one of the ground. Explains where Daehyun got his quietness.

“There’s this new brat that’s working for the CIA. She wants to get us behind the bars for selling drugs or something.” Jaesul puffed his cigar and wrapped his hands around the bare waist of his girl-- temporary girl.

Jongin sat up in interest, “CIA? The government finally got fed up with us?” He snickered.

“What’s more is that she’s getting our own sons to team up with her. She practically has them wrapped around her finger.” He kissed the girl’s neck and nuzzled his face on her bare skin.

“Daehyunnie?” Minhwan blinked before grinned mischievously, “At least he’s got a girl! I was starting to think your son was gay.” He guffawed and took a swig of his alcohol.

Jaesul nodded his head, a plan forming in his head. “He would be good bait to crush ____... and her heart.”

 

With very silent footsteps, you crept to the door and glanced back at B.A.P. You pursed your lips, *Mianhae*

With that said, you disappeared beneath the night sky and made your way to the sewage. You took out a tiny but sharp blade. Your heart was beating rapidly. Not because of fear, but because you had a weird feeling in your stomach. This place didn’t feel right at all.

Dirty water surrounded your feet and you ignored the stench reaching your nose. The only sound of life was the rats squeaking near the sewage pipe. Water dripping from the pipes as you tiptoes further down the hall. You looked out for the tiniest things and listened for any voices.

You put your hands down and frowned, there was still something wrong. You were sure of it. Without a guard up, you busted the door open and as expected, no one was in the room. “Aish...” You muttered, finally putting the pieces together. Everything was a scam. It wasn’t long before you got knocked out, though.

One of Jaesul’s workers put the steel bat down and spoke into the walkie-talkie, “We got her...”

---

“What do we do now?! Where did she go?! Oh my g-“ Zelo was starting to hallucinate.

They couldn’t find you anywhere and now they didn’t know where to go. “Maybe we should wait outside.” Youngjae suggested.

Surprisingly, Zelo calmed down and Jongup started secretly freaking out. Jongup was so distracted that he didn’t even notice B.A.P left.

He finally took note that he was alone. He ran out the door, “Hyung?”

No one answered.

He gasped as he saw s being captured just a few feet away. Not wanting to be caught, he ran back inside the log house. *Oh no no no no no! I’m alone now!*

 

You winced and blinked several times, adjusting to the new lighting.

“Looks like the damsel in distress woke up.”

Bang Yongguk had his father’s looks. The man in front of you, Bang Jaesul, looked like an older version of B.A.P’ leader. His eyes were just as sharp and his jaws were defined as well. When he smirked, it was relevant to Yongguk’s. It reminded you of him when you saw it.

You were just tied to a chair with ropes around your hand. They were foolish to think this would stop you. “So you’re the famous drug lord?”

“Why, I’m flattered. Not many people recognize me as that.” He winked.

“That’s because you kill them off before they could even tell.”

Jaesul cupped your chin, “My dear, it won’t be for long until you’re gone, too.” He puffed a cloud of smoke in your face but you didn’t even blink.

“Watch her.”

Two guards stood in front of the door. They fiddled with their fingers and cleared their throats. You inwardly snickered, *Idiots.*

You yawned and cracked your neck, making the two bumpkins raise their eyebrows. “Where do you think you’re going?”

Stupidly, they didn’t tie your feet so you were able to stand up. Of course, you brought the chair with you.

“Hey-“

Before he could scream, you stepped on his foot and whipped your head back, hitting the other one in the face with your hair. You spun around and backed up so that the leg of the chair jabbed his rib.

He doubled over, groaning in pain. You ran a couple of steps and practically climbed up the guy’s body. You brought your head back and flipped onto the floor, breaking the chair into pieces.

The ropes went loose. You grabbed one end and started swinging it. Regardless, they foolishly stepped forward. You took a step back and whipped one in the eye. “Ah!”

Outside the door, there were murmurs. After hearing those, you quickly wrapped the two guys together, tying the rope over their mouth also.

You pushed them to the ground. Right when the door smashed open, you grabbed your set of weapons by the corner and jumped out the window. However, before you jumped, you grabbed a random man and brought him out with you.

Jaesul’s men didn’t follow but instead, grabbed their machine guns. Each of them stood behind a window and shot towards the water. You tried to swim away from the shots but there was just so many of them. Fortunately, their accuracy wasn’t all that accurate. You wrapped your arm around the guy’s neck. He was losing oxygen very quickly. His failing arms soon lost its energy and the whites of his eyes were visible.

All while holding your breath, you dug into your bag. Successfully pulling out a flare gun, you lit it and tied it to the dead body. You weren’t even running out of breath, that was the last of your worries.

“Hold your fire.”

They watched as a bright red light appeared in the water. Once they saw a body, they fired at will.

Now that everything was directed somewhere else, you swam away. With heavy steps, you wrung out the water in your clothes and hair.

They didn’t take your phone away so you were able to call the office. You groaned aloud when no one picked up.

 

Jongup fiddled with his fingers. His body was filled with anxiety. There were guards surveying the house, just above the deck Jongup was hiding under. He felt his pockets for his phone. When he couldn’t find his call phone, he started panicking. *Oh no! Where could it be?!* Accidentally, he hit his head on the bottom of the deck, creating a loud sound. *Ow!*

“What was that?”

In suspicion, they clicked their guns and bent down. The first man’s eyes rounded when he saw the son of Moon Jongin cowering under the tiny wood. Jongup dodged the hands reaching for him and kicked the taller one in the eye.

“Why, you little-“ Growling, he reached for Jongup, grabbing him by the collar of his pocket. They were too dense to even notice that his hair color was different.

“Boss doesn’t need you alive.”

He took his pocketknife out and put it on Jongup’s neck. With a little force, the blade pricked his neck.

Before he could even slice the kid’s head off, he was hit. A butter knife hit him square in the throat, killing him instantly.

Surprised, Jongup looked at his savior. “Was I late?” You panted.

“Where are the others?”

Jongup took awhile to answer since he was distracted at the sight of all the dead bodies you just took out. “They were taken away.”

“What?!” You asked, eyes bugging out. “How’d you escape?!”

Jongup shook his head, “They never found me.”

You pressed your lips together, “We have to go somewhere.”

---

“Are we at the CIA base?!”

You ignored his question and pressed the numbers into the keypad, scanning your eye and handprint.

This was a very dangerous move. Not only were you about to show Jongup the forbidden place, but if someone were to follow you, they would know where the CIA was located.

“____! What do you think you’re doing here?!”

“I need help-“

You weren’t even able to finish explaining as your boss punched you right in the face. Your hair fell over your eyes and you rotated your jaw.

“Are you crazy?! Why would you bring an outsider in here?! Must I need to remind you who you really are? You’re an agent, one of the best. Whatever happened to the girl that was devoted to her job?”

You knew what she was doing. She was trying to put the guilt-trip on you, but it wasn’t working.

“She’s still here. I’m only devoted because of my sister, not you.” You hissed.

“And who’s your sister? I don’t remember any siblings.”

“The one who’s always there for me, Si Yeon.”

You caught the fist that was aimed for your face once again, “Stop hitting me. I don’t deserve to be hit.”

“Well did you expect an apology? You know the rules of the game, you’ve been playing it long enough.”

“We both have.” You countered.

Ever since this mission started, the atmosphere between the two of you was always tense. A little girl, who looked about the age of five, ran past Jongup’s legs. His eyes rounded upon seeing such a little child in the spy world. He leaned over to whisper in your ear, “Do they all start off that young?”

You shrugged, “I did.”

Your boss smirked and asked, “How old were you when they left you?”

You glared at her, “You should know. You know the whole story.”

Just as you opened your mouth, Daesom didn’t give you a chance to talk. “Ask me where they are, Night Raven.” Your code name was nothing but plain mockery to her lips. You were scared to know where they were.

You gulped, avoiding her eyes. “I know where they are, I have everything under control...”

She shook her head, “I don’t think so. Looks like you failed your first mission, haven’t you?”

Your hands curled into fists. “This mission is not over. I just need to track their cell phones.”

When you left, Daesom took her glasses off and rubbed her temples with a sigh.

First, you tracked Jongup’s phone. Surprisingly, it was located at your last hideout. You hissed, “You left your phone there!” You flicked his forehead. He rubbed his red face, “Ow! Hey wait, look!” He pointed at the red dot, locating the location of his phone.

You silently watched as the dot started moving. It beeped rapidly as you watched the red run across the screen. “They found your phone... We just need to follow it!”

You plugged your phone in, syncing all the information on the computer to your hand phone. Once it said ‘100% complete’ you yanked your phone and headed for the door. Before your foot could get out the door, someone yanked you by the shoulder. As a reflex, you grabbed the person’s wrist, twisting it dangerously. Surprise lingered on your face when they managed to escape. *Oh, it’s Min Ah.*

She handed you a gun, a simple small handgun. You grabbed it by the barrel, “Wae? I have more advanced weapons with me.”

She signed, “It’s not just a regular gun. It only works to your handprint.”

You identified the gun and handed it to Jongup. “Try it.” You told him.

Uncertainly, he pulled the trigger. And sure enough, it didn’t work. Even though this was useful, you had your suspicions. *Why is she giving this to me?*

You grabbed the gun from Min Ah’s belt. When you aimed it at her, she lunged for the gun. confirming your thoughts, she twisted your hands with a firm grip. She cocked the gun towards you, now it was your turn to get it back. Easily and without any effort, you got the gun back. But before it was handed over to you, Min Ah let all the bullets out. The silvers objects fell to the ground and you smirked.

Min Ah looked at you, confused and aware of your reaction. You slammed the gun on the table, “An agent like that doesn’t end up as an accountant.”

After she left your mission, she was assigned behind the desks, no longer on the battlefield. She was in charge of giving out weapons. But you knew she was capable of something more than being an accountant.

“What’s your secret?” You demanded.

“We all have our secrets, don’t we?”

“You tell me yours, I’ll tell you mine.”

The corners of your mouth tugged up into a light smirk when she tried to cover her surprise.

Jongup heard a low growl, slowly realizing it was coming from you.

“We have to go,” You snapped, ”Otherwise we’ll lose them.”

You tucked the personalized gun inside your pants. You snatched the keys off the shelf and walked into the parking lot with Jongup behind you. His eyes twinkled when he saw a red, new AC378 Zagato in front of his eyes.

“Woah...” He mused, running his fingers along the red paint. “Sweet!”

You gave him the phone so that he could navigate. “Turn right- No! Turn left!” He stuttered.

You slammed a hand on the wheel, “Yah!”

“Okay, sorry!” He held his hands up before pointing in a direction, “There’s a shortcut there.”

You turned sharply. Jongup’s body flew when you curved at the narrow corner. It was a set of stairs but it was too late to go back as you already stepped on the pedal.

The car shook violently as you sped up the steps. “Good job, dork.” You sarcastically commented when you landed on the highway.

“I’m just following the map.” He snickered.

“Where are they going now?” You said, ignoring his comment.

“Uhh...” He mused, “Turn right up ahead. It looks like they’re going to some storage place.”

You followed his directions and sure enough, Jongup was right. You turned the engine off and crept in front of the car. You held your personalized handgun near your hest. You gave him a gun but he refused to take it, “No way. I can never shoot anyone.”

You gave him a pointed look, “You’re kidding, right?” When he didn’t respond, you rolled your eyes, muttering something along the lines of ‘How are you a gangster if you can’t even hold a gun.’

CLINK!

You and Jongup looked at each other, “What was that?!” You both asked.


MY FRIEND GOT ME TAEMIN’S AUTOGRAPH! HOLY . I OWE HER SO DAMN MUCH. OHMY. I LOVE HER. I LUB HER. SARANGHAE!!!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE SHE ACTUALLY GOT ME HIS AUTOGRAPH!! X’D CRIES FOREVER* I’M JUST ONE STEP CLOSER TO MEETING HIM. LOOL. I got my autograph on January 22nd ^_^

I might change a little bit of past chapters, I’ll write down the chapters that I changed and the dates that I do change it. Just a little bit, though...a few lines. It’s like, half a line that I’m adding sometimes...
 

- Chapter 17 (January 15th, 2013)