Connection

The Unpredictable Truth

Mblaq - Scribble

Please excuse this chapter.. I had no idea what to write and I was like, “Eh whatever. I’ll just wing it.” I’ll be skipping around from places to places and scenes to scenes so...


“Noo! I don’t wanna go back to school! Ooh! Maybe we can go to Florida again. Or maybe California. And maybe-“ Zelo rambled on and on.

The seven of you agreed to meet up at the hideout and that’s where you found the tall, blonde maknae already talking about another trip.

You guys just got back from a vacation and there he was, already suggesting to go on more vacations. Seems like someone got a little too excited.

 

“Omo! They’re back!”

Whispers of rumors and accusations waved through the crowd. B.A.P and you were M.I.A and it was quite scandalous; being absent for the same days. (A/N: Did that make sense? O_o)

Although you were separated in the morning, you all got the same questions thrown at (although not many people had the nerve to walk up to you) It was quite mysterious for the students to see connections between you and the ‘kingkas’ since they’ve never actually seen you guys together.

 

Daehyun started spacing out in class, staring out the window. He seemed to be the only one that was particularly disturbed. He had remembered what you Boss had texted you for your birthday, the part where it said, “ever since I recruited you” bothered him. What exactly did she mean by recruited?

He couldn’t help but to ask, what exactly did you do for a living? Who were you really?

Daehyun took out his phone from his pocket and texted you. “Meet me at the rooftop for lunch?

Your phone vibrated. Carelessly, you fished it out and laid back with your feet on the desk, “Sure?

---

“What’s up?” You dropped your bag and took a seat next to him.

“I’ve been meaning to ask you, what.. do you do during your free time?” He hesitated to ask you.

You were able to hide your shock, “Eh? Why?”

Daehyun fiddled with his fingers, he didn’t want it to seem as if he was investigating you. He definitely wanted to have a good impression. “It’s just that I remember those times where you would come to us covered in blood... And when we told you that we found out your birthday by your friend DaSom, she said she recruited you?”

Your body tensed, "Oh. She’s my boss and she talks a little crazy. I just get in trouble with loan sharks a lot, I’m used to it.” You smoothly lied.

Daehyun nodded his head, believing your false statement. His negative thoughts about you all faded. “What about your parents?”

“They... died.”

An uncomfortable aura lingered, making you sigh because of the atmosphere. You always hated being awkward with people. Just as you were about to speak, Daehyun cut in, “____... I was thinking..” He cleared his throat and spoke with more confidence, “We should get to know each other more. Not by write facts about our self on paper but... hanging out?” He suggested.

You smiled a little, “I’d like that.”

“I have a place where I wanna bring you.” The blonde gangster held his hand out and after a slight hesitation, you finally took it. He interlaced your fingers together and gave it a firm squeeze.

Before B.A.P could find you guys, you walked away with Daehyun leaving.

 

“Namsam Tower?”

Daehyun nodded, “Yup. It’ll be fun, c’mon.” He tugged on your hand and you followed along.

You watched as he purchased two locks and grabbed a sharpie. He handed you the pink lock while he took the blue one.

You pursed your lips together, deciding on whether or not you should actually write something.

When you saw Daehyun writing his own message you uncapped the sharpie.

Daehyun tried to peek over but you hid it from him, “Nu-uh. We have to read it the next time we come, arasso?”

Daehyun pouted, something that you saw for the first time, but nodded. He grew excited at the thought of coming back with you. Namsam Tower was where couples usually went, that was why he brought you there in the first place.

He just couldn’t ignore those butterflies in his stomach whenever he saw your smile. He couldn’t get over his nervousness whenever you would talk to him. He couldn’t hold back on being overprotective when Himchan always flirted with you. He just couldn’t ignore his feelings anymore.

He pushed his thoughts aside as he began writing on the lock, pouring the truth all over it. His grip on the lock unconsciously tightened..

 

After a little adventure to Namsam Tower, Daehyun took you to Hongdae. You started to get a little frustrated when people kept pushing against you; your patience was quickly warring out.

You were never the type of person that would hold it in. Oh no, definitely not.

Daehyun saw that and moved you in front of him so that he was the one getting pushed. You felt chills run down your spine when you felt his warm breath on your neck.

You smiled, he wasn’t exactly patient either so you knew he only did that for you. *He’s thoughtful...*

Your eyebrows furrowed after you realized when you thought, this happened quite a lot recently.

You would find yourself thinking about Daehyun, complimenting him on his features and actions. You were always itching to get some alone time with him, to get closer with him. There would be this weird little feeling in your stomach when you would see him, in a good way. You just couldn’t quite figure out what it was. I think I can help with that, as an author.

“1 order of dubbokki, ahjumma.” He ordered.

You tugged on his sleeve, “Yah. We came to Hongdae for dubbokki?”

He flicked your forehead, “Yah? I’m pretty sure I’m older than you.”

You rolled your eyes, “I could care less if you were an oppa or dongsaeng.”

Daehyun bowed his head slightly as he took the delicious plate of food from the owner of the food-stand. Daehyun gave you a look, “Fine. You don’t get any.”

He stuck his tongue out at you and grabbed a seat. Your stomach growled and you frowned. It did seem tempting to just gobble up the spicy rice cakes.

“Arasso arasso. I’ll call you whatever you want. Just gimme the food!” You whined and stomped when he moved the food away from you. He stabbed a rice cake and greedily shoved it in his mouth. He purposely groaned in satisfaction, laughing when your stomach grumbled loudly.

You blew on your fringe and crossed your arms. You could’ve easily gotten a plate of food from him. Childishly, you faced your back towards him with a loud “Hmph!”

Daehyun grinned, giving into your cute actions. He tapped your shoulder, “Arasso ____-ah. I’ll stop teasing you if you call me oppa.”

It was kind of weird calling him oppa since you’ve never called anyone such a nickname. But you obeyed for the sake of the food, “Oppa..” You mumbled, barely audible.

“What was that?” Daehyun cupped his hand around his ear.

Your eyebrows connected, “YOU , DAEHYUNNIE OPPA!”

Daehyun’s shoulders bounced up and down, obviously amused by your frustration. He nodded his head in approval, “Daebak! Here.” He held out a piece of dubbokki out in front of you.

Biting on your lower lip, you opened your mouth but Daehyun took it away at the last second and put it in his mouth instead.

You huffed, stood up and began walking away. Daehyun grabbed your wrist, “I’m joking. Okay, I won’t play anymore.”

You glared at him but sat down anyways and grabbed the toothpick. He took it from you and before you could refute, he cut you off, “But I have to feed you.”

“Annoying ...”

He took the still hot and spicy rice cake and put it in your mouth. You chewed in the dubbokki and grinned as you swallowed the food. He found it adorable that you got so happy over such a little thing.

A little sauce dribbled on your chin and Daehyun was quick to wipe it off for you.

Even though it was freezing cold outside, your hands started sweating and your heartbeat accelerated. *Why am I reacting like this?*

For the past half hour, the two of you devoured the plate of spicy rice cakes, feeding each other. It felt nice enjoying each other’s company. You forgot about the time. “It’s pretty late. Lets go home, neh?”

Daehyun sighed, “It’s oppa!”

You whacked his head, “Arasso OPPA.”

You shoved your hands in your pocket but he took them out and held them out instead. With a cheeky grin, Daehyun took you home.

 

The same night...

You couldn’t stop thinking about the questions Daehyun asked.

How did he actually notice that one word?

You frowned to yourself, *I’m losing my game. I’m getting more careless, this is not good...*

As much as you wanted to step your game up, there was something holding you back. Was it guilt? But you’ve done this before; there should be no guilt.

You just couldn’t lie anymore than you already have. If felt.. wrong lying to Daehyun.. It felt wrong lying to the whole group.

But it was your job, why was it so hard?