06

Back to The Past

The teacher started blabbing about some boring information that I clearly wasn’t interested in. Physics was just not my forte. I looked over at Jieun’s seat and seeing it empty makes me feel so guilty of what happened. Was it my fault? Oh dear, it’s definitely my fault. But, how did this even happen? Wait, I need some answers. I better find Daehyun during lunch break.

As soon as the bell rang, I quickly left the class not bothered with packing my stuffs and headed straight for Daehyun’s class. I didn’t even care with all the glares that I’m getting as I walked past the hallway towards his class. I saw him leaving with Youngjae as they’re headed towards the direction of the cafeteria. Halfway through, the other members were already waiting for them before entering the cafeteria together.

I think my mind wasn’t connected to my body that I just sprinted and stopped right in front of them.

“You…” I pointed at Daehyun, while trying to catch my breath. “You and I, we have some serious issue and we need to talk about it and solve it quickly.” I grabbed him by the collar as I led him to somewhere. BAP look amused with the scene that’s happening right before their eyes.

I led him to wherever my feet can take as I held him by his wrist. My feet seemed to be having its mind on its own as we were walking in the way towards the garden.

“Are you thinking of bringing me to the garden where I brought you to in the first place? Didn’t know you could recall your way to get there,” he chuckled softly behind me.

I turned and glared at him. Now’s not the time to be joking over whatever garden we’re at. That’s not even important. As soon as we reached the garden, I let go of his hand.

“You owe me an explanation. What happened to Jieun?” I asked, I felt like I would punch him in the face. I just felt like it.

“Why does it matter to you? Why don’t you ask her yourself?” he retorted, slightly pissed at me for accusing him.

“What? Ask her? How can I? I didn’t see her today. I went into class this morning and my classmates were talking about me. ME??! How I was the reason why you guys broke up, not that you guys were officially together in the first place. Obviously it mattered to me! And for the fact that it’s involving my Jieun. I don’t know how they found out about us but they do!” I couldn’t contained my anger any longer and just yelled at him. Oh god, why am I being so mad here?

“What is wrong with you?! I clearly don’t know what happened except for the fact that last night, my dad told me she was the one who decided on this. She said it was best if we didn’t continue with the whole marriage idea. She said I wasn’t treating her right or whatever. How can I when I don’t even like her?” He was yelling at me and then he was trying to calm down as he continued on.

*PIAK!*

That did not just happen. I can’t believe what just happened. I did not just do that. I did not just slap him. My eyes widened in horror. That was so not me. Why is everything that is not me happening ever since I met this guy here?

“I’m… I’m…” I stuttered, wanting to apologise to him for being so rash and causing what happened to happen but I just can’t find the word for it.

He was clearly shocked at my action as he grabbed his bag and slung it over him and turned to walk away. Halfway, he stopped and turned to look at me and said “You know, you’re a good friend to Jieun and maybe you could actually consider about my feelings in this situation that I never wanted to be in in the first place.”

I was then left all alone. Why? Why was I being so mad at him for something I didn’t know? I was just trying to protect my friend, a friend who’s so dear to me. I was doing the right thing, right? I felt my knees gave in and I fell to the ground knees first. The next thing I know, I was crying bucketful of water.

I felt sorry for what I did to Daehyun, he didn’t deserve it. I didn’t even give him a chance. He was right, I wasn’t being considerate to consider about his feelings about this whole situation. He was just trying to state his point and stand up to what he believed in but I just had to ruin it for him.

That evening, I decided to head down to Jieun’s. I’m not sure if I was welcomed there but I needed to hear her side of story and I guess, she needs an explanation from me too.

When I reached her front porch, I took a deep breath as I pressed the doorbell. I was thinking of leaving because I didn’t feel like I could face her with all that’s happening. But then the door opened and there I was, standing in front of Jieun on her front porch.

“Hi,” I greeted her.

“Oh, Minyoung-ah, what are you doing here,” her eyes widened in surprise to see me there.

“We need to talk. Can we talk?”

“Do you wanna come in? Or…”

“I think let’s grab something to drink at the café.”

“Let me just grab my purse.”

After reaching the nearest café here, we chose a seat next to the window and ordered our drinks. Shortly after, our drinks came and we just sat in silence. I didn’t know how to go about doing this but I know I had to say something especially since I was the one who invited her out.

“So, what do you wanna talk about?” Her eyes seemed a little sad, she was clearly not in the best of mood, or a good one to be honest. She probably hates me now.

“Look, I heard about what happened between you and Daehyun. Do you wanna talk about it?” I asked her sincerely.

Jieun’s POV

What? She’s asking this when she should know why? I stared at her in disbelief.

“Shouldn’t you be telling me about it?” I asked her back.

“What? What are you talking about?” She’s acting all clueless? What happened to her putting up a strong front in school?

“I know about you and Daehyun,” I think I pushed the right button as I saw her get all tensed up.

Your POV

I let out a sigh before telling her everything that happened. She caught me red-handed and I didn’t want to be on her worse side. So I decided to just tell her everything that happened. Okay, mostly just the important parts that she needs to know like that night when Daehyun confessed to me. She was clearly shocked and I could see steam coming off from her ears. She must have probably been so pissed that the one she loves likes her best friend. Who wouldn’t be? I could see that she was trying to hold it in and not scream at me. I mentally thanked her for that.

“I actually heard about it, from Daehyun himself. Okay, maybe not in a way where he tells me this face to face but I overheard his conversation with the other BAP guys. I was waiting for him that day and I heard your name being said. So I listened further and yeah… That’s how the story goes on. That’s why I decided to call off this marriage plan. Why do it with someone who doesn’t feel the same way like how you are towards him, right?”

“Jieun ah, I’m really sorry. I just didn’t want to ruin your happiness by telling you all that. I don’t want to get in your way since I know that you liked him since the very beginning. I don’t wanna be known as the bad friend who steals her best friend’s guy.”

She chuckled at the last part.

“Best friend’s guy?” She let out a laugh. “If only he was mine… I wish. He was never my Daehyun, never in the first place.”

“Jieun ah…”

“I’ve learned to accept that not everyone you like or love will feel the same way about you. We just fail to see that and even though the truth is out, you’ll still want to keep denying it.”

“But…”

“Minyoung-ah. Did you know that even though you always put up a strong and brave front, I can see right through you that you like Daehyun too. With you guys always bickering with each other, no wonder you guys would like each other.”

“Jieun ah…”

“You’re not denying it. Maybe I just need some time alone for now.”

“I’m sorry, I really am.” With that, she stood up wanting to leave but not before I grabbed her wrist saying that I’d wait for her to forgive me.

Guess that day changes everything. I didn’t know that she really loves Daehyun wholeheartedly. I couldn’t help but blame myself for this mess.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think the updates will come later and later because I haven't been updating this on my word doc either. School's been tiring for me. Or I'm just being weak. But anyway, thanks for taking time off to read this FF. Another update. Enjoy...

solareiSHahah. Yeah, it's more clearer right? Anyway, thanks for reading this. You're my only non-silent reader. I'm so touched. (':