Chapter 2 - The news

The countrygirl's regret

" Mwo?!?" I was shocked. " Dont talk to your mother like that! We spent alot of money for you to go to the States to study! Dont worry, it's only for two years." Omma said, annoyed at my outburst. 

I stared at my hands, unable to speak. 2 years? Away from my soohyun oppa?! How was i going to survive... I need oppa...."

"Mianhae, oppa" i apologised, hanging my head. Soohyun oppa managed a painful smile. My heart cringed to see him in pain. " Soojin ah. Gwaenchana, oppa will always wait for you."

Hearing his ward words, my heart glowed and tears formed in my eyes. They rolled down slowly, making tear tracks on my face. " Soojin? Uljima (* dont cry)" oppa said softly and took me into his arms. 

I spent the entire day with him again, unable to leave his side. We flew kites and groomed the horses. Finally, oppa brought me to a small restaurant. " This shall be our last date till you return." he said. my heart ached. I could sense the pain my brave oppa was holding back. I wanted to reach out and tell him i'll be fine, he'll be fine , but i cant. I know he must be feeling this heartache like me. I know he will miss me so much just like i will. Tears welled up in my eyes again. i dont want to leave my love!

As we sat in front of my house, watching the stars, i turned to him and kissed him passionately. i could sense his surprise change to longing as he kissed me back, warm and sweet in the cold night. I put my arms around his neck, unwilling to break apart. Oppa pulled me away and smiled. " Soojin. Its okay. you'll always be with me here." Oppa laid my hand over his heart. My eyes stung as i felt tears falling into my lap.

I cried as he held me all night. That night, no one could understand the love i felt. No one could replace Soohyun oppa's kindness, his warmth and his love. That night, was when i fell in love with Soohyun oppa deeper than ever.