Chapter 4 - School

The countrygirl's regret

Ding dong! I rushed to the door, half anticipating to see Eli again.

"Hey! Morning! Ready to go?" he asked. I stared admiringly at him. He looked so perfect. "Soojin?" He asked. I looked at him and nodded. Eli broke into a grin and started walking.

Along the way, he talked endlessly about life in the states. I didn't really hear him, I was busy looking at him, drinking in the sight  of him. He looked way too good. Finally, we reached school. "Your class is down there. I'm your senior so my class is on the next level. Bye!", he called cheerfully.

I went into class feeling happy. Such a wonderful guy he was. Such a handsome face like Soohyun oppa. Wait. SOOHYUN OPPA! How can I forget him? I fished out his photo and stared till the teacher came in.

When it was lunch, I walked down to the canteen and I saw Eli. Happily, my heart did a flip when I saw him. Just as I was about to run up to him, a tall and beautiful girl caught my eye. She had dark auburn hair, beautiful eyes and delicate features. I started curiously at her as she made her way to Eli. Eli . ELI?!?!? I stood dumbfounded. He had a girlfriend? With my thoughts still jumbled up, I didn't notice Eli, and the pretty girl in front of me. 

"Oh..wa..Hello!" I sputtered. Eli laughed at my reaction and said the owrds I was dreading the most.

"Meet my girlfriend, Yoon MaeRi.". I forced a smile and looked at them. Perfect couple. So beautiful, so handsome. My heart ached terribly and I was seized with another round of tears. I missed my oppa. As they begin to spill over my eyes. Eli said something to MaeRi and she walked off. He bent over and pulled me gently into his arms, as he whispered over and over that all will be fine. Will they..really?