Chapter 3 - A New Life

The countrygirl's regret

I stood shivering in the streets of San Fransisco. Where exactly was I supposed to go? Should I ask someone? My english wasn't good. I whimpered. "Oppa...", I said weakly.

"Hey there, are you okay?", I turned and saw a blond haired boy looking at me. Woah. That boy took my breath away. Tall and blonde, he also had big brown eyes. HIs mouth was perfectly shaped below his sharp nose. In other words, he was gorgeous.

"Annyeong!" he tried again. I stuttered and said," You're korean?" The boy grined and said. "nae!" I was flooded with relief. I told him of my plight, and his face lit up again. "You're going to stay beside me! I'm Eli Kim by the way, I'm 18." he said as he dragged my luggage along.

We chatted naturally, and the tension I felt slowly eased. "Do you have a boyfriend?" Eli asked. "Yes.", I whispered dryly. My heart ached. Without a word, tears started flowing down my cheeks. Eli sensed my change of emotiopns and hesitantly, he hugged and reassured me. I cried my heart out, the longing in my heart felt so painful. I missed oppa.

Finally, he brought me to my apartment. "I'll take you to school tomorrow!", Eli bade me goodnight and went back to his apartment. 

As I lay in bed that night, my brows furrowed in confusion. Just now when Eli pulled me into his arms. I felt like I was back in Soohyun's arms . Eli felt gentle too. I shook my head and told myself, "Don't be silly. You only have Soohyun oppa." 

With that, I fell into a deep slumber, waiting for a new tomorrow.