I've Had Enough

Under the Table (COMPLETED)
Yuki opened her eyes. She felt light-headed so she touched her forehead. She felt a cloth tied up in her head. She looked around her. All things were white and clean, so clean that they seemed to be impossible. She saw blurred images. She tried to focus on one and she smiled, “Aoi,” she called in a very soft voice. She couldn’t seem to find her voice.
“You’re awake!” It was Aoi all right. She saw her best friend’s smile. “Yah, minna. Yuki is awake!” she heard Aoi called to everyone.
More figures went beside her. She tried to focus more. How long had she been sleeping that her eyes needed more time to adjust to the light?
“Daijoubu?” It was Yuya’s voice. He was beside her.
She looked at his face. Little by little, her eyesight became better. She smiled at him. “Never better,” she said in a hoarse voice.
“Good.” He answered.
Her friends were there. Her mother was beside her father. They were looking at her happily.
“Thank God you’re awake.” Her mother exclaimed. Her mother’s face was tear stricken and there were huge shadows under her eyes.
Her father leaned on her and gave her a kiss on the forehead. “Okaeri, Yuki-chan,” he told her.
“What happened, Otoosan?” she asked him.
“You were on a coma for more than a week now. Thanks God, you are back. You are one brave girl, honey.” He told her.
Coma? For a week? “How did it happen?” she asked.
“We couldn’t get you out of the car immediately when we rescued you in the sea. The doctor said that the oxygen supply went into your head and created quite a damage on your brain that put you in a coma.” Yuya explained.
She remembered now. She passed out when the car landed on the water. Her eyes opened when realization hit her. “The gang?” she asked trying to stand up.
Her father and Yuya pushed her back to the bed. “Don’t stand up, you are still weak.” Yuya commanded. “Don’t worry yourself, baby sis. We already took care of them.”
The door of her hospital room slammed. Her twin brother Yuri was there with Ryutaro. He almost jumped her when he saw that she was already awake. “Yuki-kun, okaeri!” he exclaimed. He touched the side of her cheek. “I miss you, Yuki-kun,” he said lovingly at her. Tears were forming at the side of his eyes.
“Ohayou, Yuki!” it was Ryutaro. His smiling eyes focused on her. She smiled back at them.
Smiling faces were everywhere her. Aoi was there with Yuto on her side. Miharu was holding one of her hands and Keito, for the first time ever didn’t look bored. He was attentive the whole time. He even had a smile for her.
Kei was also there. “I already called Eunice, she told me to tell to get well soon and she’ll get even with you for almost making her come here from England. It will cost her a lot, you know.” He said. She giggled a little at him. She still didn’t have the strength to laugh loud at him.
Kyoumi was also there. She already had her arms around Yuri’s waist.
Naru who had come from the university was also there. “Hikaru and Oburi will be coming over later after their classes.” She told her. Both Hikaru and Oburi were now in Meiji University. After graduating from senior high they decided to go to the same university. Hikaru had really wanted to go to a detective academy but Oburi insisted her ways on him.
Cayne was also there. She might have come from her jimusho since she was still wearing a semi--formal attire.
Daiki and his fiancé, Jhenie were also there.
Kota had seemed to have come from work, also. He was already supervising his family’s Entertainment Company so he was always busy but he still came.
Someone was missing, though.
“Ryosuke?” she asked them.
Her friends looked at each other. They seemed not to know what to say.
“Anou… he said he was a bit busy. He’ll visit you some other time. I already informed him that you are already awake,” Daiki explained. Jhenie was nodding her head all throughout.
Yuki smiled. “Wakatta.” She said although she really wanted to see him. She already misses him a lot.

“Yuri! Yuri!” Kyoumi called entering the hospital room.
Yuri sighed and groaned as Kyoumi hugged him tight. He patted her head but pried her away from him.
Kyoumi looked at him in dissapoinment. She frowned at him and shoved him away. She looked at Yuki and smiled. “Yuki-chan, I brought you something!” she exclaimed in excitement. She pulled out a pink small stuffed pig from a paper bag that she brought.
Yuki took it when Kyoumi gave it to her, “Kawaii, ne?” Kyoumi asked.
Yuki smiled awkwardly. She eyed her hospital bed. It was already full of stuffed toys that Kyoumi always brought to her. The nurses and her doctor were already complaining because of the toys. They said that they could bring germs in but Kyoumi still insisted on it.
It was already three days when she woke up and yet she haven’t seen the buta. She stared at the newest addition to her Kyoumi’s Collection as called the staff toys. She missed Ryosuke really badly. All of her friends were always visiting her. How couldn’t he find a time to come to her? What is happening?
Everytime she asked the others, they always seemed to avoid the topic. It was already getting into her nerves, that was how she learned to remain quiet about the issue.
She looked at her twin brother, Yuri. He was already packing the things that they used in the hospital.
“Kyoumi, how will we bring all of these stuffed toys? We aren’t superman,” he commented in irritation while looking at Kyoumi’s stuffed toys.
“Eh, I’ll ask daddy’s driver to bring another van for that.” She answered without really caring about it.
“What is it with you and I’ll daddy this… I’ll ask daddy that?” Yuri exclaimed. He was looking at Kyoumi like Kyoumi is one hell of a brat.
Kyoumi looked at him, “What is it to you?” she retorted.
Yuri sighed heavily and took one rabbit stuff toy. “If we got married, you can’t ask your father everything, you must do something on your own.” He explained.
Kyuomi pouted. “Getting married!? Hellow! I haven’t even enjoyed my singlehood. And besides, the guys out there will be really sorry to lose a girl like me,” she said smiling. “Right Yuki?” she asked. “So, if I were you, enjoy being single.”
Yuri tapped Kyoumi on the head, “What do you mean by that? You are not single anymore, Yamada Kyoumi. Don’t pretend to be one.”
Kyoumi looked at him in boredom. “Can’t I pretend to be one?” she asked.
Yuri looked at her angrily, “No! Of course, not!” he answered.
“Ok! Fine!” Kyoumi said and put her arms around his neck. She kissed the air near him. Yuri was still in sour mood yet he responded with the same kiss.
Yuki smiled. “Oh, common, just kiss already. Pretend that I am not here. No I am not here.” She said.
Yuri was now biting the skin on Kyoumi’s shoulder which made Yuki disgusted.
“What?!” Yuri asked.
“You two are gross,” Yuki exclaimed.
“Envious!” Yuri teased.
Kyoumi just smiled at her.

Miharu looked at Yuki. It was just after class. They were in a variety store since they agreed to come with Yuki to buy some materials for her Science Project. She needed to pass it since she wasn’t able to when she was in the hospital.
Miharu looked at Aoi. She saw her restless. She knew that her friend was feeling the same nervousness that she felt.
Aoi caught her eyes and bit her lower lip. Aoi nodded to her.
They were coming. She knew it.
The store opened. A set of guys came in. The costumers in the variety store turned their way. Some of the people even gasped when they saw them.
Miharu smiled. It was just one-half of HeiSei.
Ryosuke brushed his hands in his hair. He really do have the air of royalty in him. She doubted that all of those who were staring at them, knew them as a band but she was sure that the three captivated them.
Three girls stopped in front of them. One of them was holding a notepad. She handed it to Keito who was on the left of Ryosuke.
Miharu gasped and gritted her teeth, “That guy is mine,” she hissed. Aoi and Yuki were already beside her.
She was about to went after the girl when the three guys saw them. Keito left the star struck girl and went to them. Yuto followed.
“You’re really a snob, Keitie.” He commented. “Aren’t you afraid that your popularity level will go down?” he asked.
“That is my charm,” Keito answered at walked beside her.
“Ohayo, Keitie-kun,” Aoi greeted.
“Ohayou. Ohayou, Yuki-chan,” he greeted Yuki.
“Ohayou,” Yuki greeted him back.
“Ohayou, ohayou, ohayou.” Yuto greeted them.
They looked at Ryosuke. He was still infront of the girls who were already drooling at him. He was looking at their way.
He seemed to be battling the idea of going near them.
Aoi looked at her. She seemed disappointed. Yuto might have noticed that Aoi was already in despair. He smiled at them. “Let’s go and grab something to eat,” he said enthusiastically though Miharu knew otherwise.
Even Keito was twitching beside her. He might have felt that something was about to happen.
“I can’t take this anymore, the excitement is killing me!” Aoi said. Only Miharu could hear her. They were walking to the rooftop of their favorite restaurant. That rooftop was always vacant since the guest usually hated to use the stairs since there was no elevator going up there.
Yuki was infront of them while the three boys were behind. They could tell that nobody was talking since Ryosuke wasn’t seemed to be in the mood. Keito and Yuto on the other hand seemed to observe Ryosuke.
At the roof top, It was really awkward. The silence was getting into Miharu and Aoi’s nerves. Neither of them dared to speak.
Miharu tried to occupy herself with the umbrella in the middle of their table. Aoi on the other hand played with her food. Keito pretended to look like his usual bored self but he too seemed tense. Yuto was flipping noisily at Aoi’s workbook. Yuki and Ryosuke on the other hand, just had their head down.
Aoi couldn’t take it anymore. She took hold of Yuto’s hand, “I wanna go to the CR, wanna come with me?” she asked.
It was so sudden that Miharu laughed at her. “Eh, this is a public place. Bring Yuto to your own CR at your house, not here,” she commented.
Aoi blushed when she realized what she just said. Yuto was blushing with her. “I should have known. You should have told me yesterday when we are alone,” he said.
Aoi opened in shock and shame. She smacked him in the head and walked away.
“Hey! I am a celebrity, you shouldn’t smack me on the head just like that,” he complained but followed her.
That seemed to help reduce the tension a little. “I’ll get more drinks,” Miharu stood up.
Miharu almost landed face first on the floor when Keito went up after her and shoved his whole body to her back. He hugged her from the back and led her outside.
Yuki and Ryosuke were left alone. The sun was already setting in the west. They were bathed by the reddish streaks coming from the sky. It was beautiful, peaceful and quiet. The air was fresh yet for these two, it was thick and chilly.
Yuki looked at Ryosuke who had his eyes on the setting sun. How many days had passed since she last saw him? She couldn’t remember anymore. All that was left was the feeling of longing for him.
“Are you alright, now?” he asked.
She smiled but lowered her eyes, “yes,” she answered. Why was it supposed to be awkward? Shouldn’t they be happy since they already saw each other after a long time?
“Do we have a problem, Ryosuke?” she asked not able to stop herself.
Ryosuke looked at her. She couldn’t read his eyes. There were no emotions there. It was just a blank. She couldn’t believe that he was seeing Ryosuke like this.
“Don’t we?” he asked.
Yuki was taken aback. Her heart seemed to want to crash into pieces.
“You already know that I don’t want you to go back to that reckless part-time job of yours. You even agreed with me and yet you hid it from me,” he said soulfully.
Yuki looked at her half-eaten food. She felt butterflies in her stomach. There was a feeling of a heavy rock on her chest. “Gomenasai,” she said in a whisper.
“Let’s finish this up,” he said.
Yuki looked up at him.
“I’ve had enough of the feeling of loosing you.” He said. Emotions went back to his eyes. It was flooded by fear, anger, and pain. “If I will to lose you someday, then let it be today and be over with it.”
Yuki’s tears finally fell down. She saw no words that were to be spoken.
“I love you Yuki, but I can’t just loose you, every time. My heart wouldn’t be able to take it anymore.” Ryosuke stood up. “Goodbye!” and went out to where the others had gone.