The New Vice President

Under the Table (COMPLETED)
“Eh, Yuri, what shall we do?” Kyoumi asked Yuri. They were seated on a cemented bench in the school park. Kyoumi let her feet moved back and forth as it was dangling on the bench.
Yuri sighed. “Will you kiss me?” he asked.
Kyoumi looked at him in shock. “Is that a solution?” she asked in a sarcastic tone.
Yuri put his chin on his hands. He sniffed. “Yuki-kun,” he whispered.
“Eh, if I weren’t your girlfriend, I’ll think you are love sick with your sister,” Kyoumi commented.
“I’m love sick with you but I also love my sister.”
“I hate my brother!” Kyoumi exclaimed. “He love her yet he let her go. Bakka!”
Yuri looked at her, “If ever you learned that I am a detective, will you also leave me?” he asked.
Kyoumi looked at him intently, “Why would I?” she asked. “Are you going to leave me if you become a detective?” she asked.
“No!” he exclaimed and stretched his arms. He then put his head on her lap.
“Yuri! Get up. We are in the school. Don’t you have any discretion at all?” she commented and pulled him up.
Ever since Kyoumi became Yuri’s girlfriend, Kyoumi became a little more distant. She restrained from stealing hugs and kisses from him which Yuri misses although sometimes she becomes so attached which makes him irritated.
“Am I cute?” he asked randomly.
Kyoumi laughed at him. “Ofcourse, you are my cutest pet ever!”
“Then kiss me,” Yuri moved closer to her bringing his lips near her own.
She moved backward and poked him on the forehead. “Yuri, quit that,” she commanded while laughing.
Yuri laughed with her, “Let’s have a game.”
Kyoumi looked at him in curiosity.
“The first one who could steal a kiss from the other will receive more kisses,” he said.
“Eh, Yuri! You’re becoming a ert, you know?!” she exclaimed amused at his cute game. He was as cute as it. His eyes opened and closed bringing his long eyelashes flutter in his eyes. She took her eyes of him, “Besides, we have a problem that needs solutions.” She sighed deeply.
Yuri crossed his arms on his chest and looked at the sky. “I wish I could help them,” he uttered.
“Chinen-sempai,” somebody called.
Yuri looked at his side. A small petite cute girl stood beside him. She had long shiny black hair and a fair complexion which she held in a pony tail. Her bangs shadowed her eyes which she tried to hide in her glasses.
“Ah, Risa-san, problem?” he asked.
“Oh, just a small matter at the office.” She said smiling at them. She looked at Kyoumi and smiled. “I’ll borrow him for a moment, Yamada-sempai,” she said.
Kyoumi smiled awkwardly at her, “Just bring him back,” she said trying to joke at the girl.
Yuri gave her a pat in the head and followed the girl named Risa.
Kyoumi sighed. She stared while the two were walking away. “Yamasuke Risa,” she whispered.

Yuki sat down at his office chair. He’d been in this same office for two years already and he was really happy about it. He loved the council as much as he loved the students. They complimented each other. The students needed them and they needed the students.
“Any problem?” he asked the council.
“The admin sent this,” it was Risa who spoke. She handed him a set of papers.
Yuki flipped to it.
“There was a huge increase in student stealing?” Yuri looked at the council inquiringly.
“Hai!” a senior with a black rimmed eyeglasses answered. “It was reported that three students from our school had been caught stealing small items in a variety store last week. Another two, a few days ago and another one yesterday.” The councilor explained.
“And all of these are our students?” Yuri asked in shock. He wasn’t informed early about this. He looked at his council.
Risa looked back at him. She smiled shyly. “The discipline department wanted to keep quiet about the issue but then they didn’t think that it would be repeated besides more and more schools were having the same problem.”
Yuri thought for a while. Repetitive stealing --- that was definitely not right. Something was going on, he was sure of it.
“So, what does the school want us to do?” he asked.
The council members looked at each other. “Nothing really,” one of them said.
“They just want to inform us, I guess.” A freshman said. She looked a little out of place in the council because of her small height amidst of all the juniors and seniors.
Yuri looked at her. He didn’t think so but he nodded.
“Meeting dismissed,” he said.
The members looked at each other seemingly thinking of what was to say to him. They never saw him that serious before. He must be thinking of something.
Yuri looked at them leave the office.
He flipped his phone and dialed a number. “Nii-chan,” he called at the line.
“Yuri? Doie?” his brother asked.
“A series of student stealing had happened, do you already heard about this?” he asked.
“Hai! We’re looking about it already. It didn’t seem to be just mere coincidences. The kids all took the same item. It is a kind of a watch. Same color, same style, same brand.” His brother informed him.
“Ah, that’s weird.” Yuri commented.
“Yeah,” Yuya answered. “Don’t worry about it, though.”
“Uhn,” he agreed though he was still feeling that something was not right. “Arigatou, ne?”
“Douita,” his brother said. “See you at home, though.”
“Hai.” That was all and Yuri cut the line. He tilted his head. Not to worry anymore, he told himself. No need to worry…

Ryosuke was walking down the small bridge in the lagoon. He sighed. He was used to walking on the bridge with Yuki. He’d hold her hand and they’d walk through it. All that seemed to be ages ago. Those were the times, the time that she hadn’t betrayed him yet.
That was when, he heard a shout. “AHHHHH!”
He looked at his back. A girl with a long hair tugged in a ponytail was falling straight to him. She seemed to trip on a stone in the bridge. Few of her books went flying but he didn’t care. He acted through his reflexes.
He tried to stop the girl from falling by extending his arms forward. He caught the girl but the impact was strong. He was falling with her.
He fell with his back on the stone bridge. “Argh!” he moaned. His back ached. It stung. He looked upward. His eyes opened wide when he realized that the girl’s face was very near his. She was staring at him with the same surprised look. She was on top of him. He could feel her skin touched his arm.
She was very pretty despite the glasses that hid her eyes. She had long curly lashes and eyes that were purely black. Her nose was just as perfect and her parted lips were pinkish.
They stared at each other for awhile before the girl pushed herself up. He knew he saw her blushed. He smiled trying to get up.
She picked up her books that went flying. He took one and gave it to her.
He then realized that she had the same uniform as his sisters’. Shingaru Gakuen…
She smiled at him, “Arigatou guzaimasu!” she said shyly.
“Douita. Yamada Ryosuke desu,” Ryosuke introduced himself and extended a hand to her.
She smiled and took his hand to shake it. “Yamasuke Risa.”
He looked at her uniform again. “Shingaru Gakuen?” he asked.
She nodded at him.
“I knew a lot of people there,” he told her.
“Sou ka,” she smiled. “I am the vice president of the student council.” She said and lowered her head as if she was not sure if it was alright to tell him that.
“Oh, you work with Yuri-kun?” Ryosuke asked.
“Hai!” she answered.
Ryosuke looked at the blue sky and put his elbows on the railing of the stone bridge. He sighed, “He is a good friend.” He said sadly since he made him remember ‘her’.
“Hontou?” she asked. “I’m glad to hear that.” She commented looking excited about the news.
He smiled at her kindly.
“Look, since you helped me this afternoon, let me make it up to you, I’ll buy you snacks.” She said.
Ryosuke looked at her. He felt his stomach felt light. He was really starving. “It will be my treat,” he said.
“Iie! It is mine,” she argued making a face at him.
He laughed at her and shook his head. “Definitely mine,” he said.
She looked at him and mimicked his expression, “Iie. Mine.”
Ryosuke looked at her and smiled. “You’re one hard headed girl, aren’t you?” he commented.
She just smiled at him fully which he returned gratefully. They headed towards the nearest snack bar.