THE PAST

Under the Table (COMPLETED)
Kyoumi opened the door of the huge mansion. She just came home. She called Yuri and told him that she would not wait for him anymore. She just stayed at the public library and read some manga to calm her nerves.
She really hated that Nakajima Kento guy. He was taking away Yuki from her brother. She gritted her teeth at the thought. She didn’t want that to happen. No way! Not ever! If she needed to create a plan to re-establish their broken relationship, she would. ¬
She was dragging her bag inside when she stopped at their living room.
“Oy, Kyoumi, where have you been? We’ve been waiting for you,” her nii-chan commented.
Beside him, stood Nakayama Yuma in his full tall height.
Kyoumi stared at him. She hadn’t seen Yuma in a long time. She had almost forgot how handsome the guy was.
Yuma smiled at her. She choked on her saliva. Memories of him came flooding down her mind. She smiled and looked away.
“Long time, no see,” Yuma greeted.
“Hai. Long time no see.” She commented back still not looking at him. “I’ll just go upstairs and change.” She said and walked away.
“Be quick.” Ryosuke called. “Okaasan will be serving snack, soon.”
Kyoumi ran towards her room and locked it. She grasped for breath and clasped her chest.
“He came back…” she whispered to herself.
Tears came falling down from her eyes. Now that he came back, she already felt how much she misses him.
He was her world then. He was the only guy that she could see. He was the most handsome guy ever.
She smiled at the memories.
She pulled herself and laid back on her bed. She remembered how he used to teach her to ride a bike. She was really clumsy back then but he would always be there seeing to it that she would not harm herself.
He used to buy her chocolate ice cream whenever she felt sad.
He used to teach her mathematics whenever she couldn’t cope up with her lessons.
He used to carry her on his back whenever she gets tired of walking.
He used to bring her to the park whenever she like to.
He used to call her every night.
He used to sing for her.
When he left, she was really lonely. She was young then but she knew that she had given him her heart. She wanted him to know that but she weren’t able to tell him.
She stared at her ceiling. He came back after so many years. He came back when her heart was already mended.
She felt her heart with her right hand. A certain feeling was opened. It was a feeling of longing yet it was full. There was a feeling of sadness yet it must be happy. She felt like her heart had been searching for something that it wanted to open up.
She took her phone, flipped it up and stared at the smiling face of Yuri… her Yuri.
She closed her eyes, she felt like a stone was bouldering her heart.

Cayne was seated at the presidential seat in her jimusho’s conference room.
“How could that happen, Cayne?” Yamada Houtaro stood up. He looked at the devastated Cayne beside him.
“Gomenasai, Ojiisan.” She asked for his forgiveness. “It was my fault. I shouldn’t have been so naïve to trust the guy.”
Yamada-san slumped on his chair. “Is this already investigated?” he asked.
“I had just called Takaki Yuya when you came.” She answered.
“It was a huge money, 100 million? That was impossible! How could a swindling syndicate get away with that?”
Cayne felt like crying. She was really stressed out, with work and manhandling the business of her father, it was too much to bear.
When she put an investment to a hotel outside the country, she thought that the expansion would do good for their business but when she was about to check on the investment, it was gone.
“Ojiisan, what should I do?” she asked.
Yamada-san looked at her. “Let’s just wait. Whoever did this will not be able to get away.”
It was then when the conference room opened. Takaki Yuya stepped in. He bowed when he saw Yamada Houtarou inside.
“Ah, Yuya-kun,” Houtarou went to him and patted him on the shoulders. “Now that I know that you’ll be handling this case, I am already at ease.” The older man commented.
“Arigatou gozaimasu.” Takaki bowed gently.
“Take care of Cayne.” Yamada-san commanded. “Ah, by the way, I heard my son broke-up with your sister.”
“Hai.”
“She must be devastated.”
“Hai.”
¬“I already reprimanded my son but he is really hard-headed. He must have got that from his mom.”
Yuya smiled at the man.
“Well then, see you.” Yamada Houtarou bade.
Yuya and Cayne bowed at him.
When he was gone, Yuya looked at Cayne who slumped herself on the chair.
“What did you find out?” she asked.
“Bad news or good news?” he asked her while leaning on the table.
“Bad news.”
“The guy, Makino Hiroyuki was found dead in an old abandoned house near Hokkaido.”
Cayne stared at him in shock. “The good news?”
“We found the guy.” Yuya shrugged. “His real name is Miyabi Hotohori. He worked for a ramen shop before he was adopted by a syndicate. He had handled many swindling activities. It was said that the boss was not happy of his recent performance because he left behind a track so they killed him.”
“Who are them?” she asked.
“We are still working at it. Yuki may already have a lead. The kid has been really active these days.” Yuya commented at sat down on the swiveled chair that had been occupied by Yamada-san.
Cayne chuckled. “That is why Ryosuke left her.” She commented though her mind was still occupied by the recent events.
“Will you be able to locate the money?” she asked.
Yuya sighed while staring at her. “We’ll do.”
Cayne nodded.
“You don’t look good.” Yuya commented.
“Pressured! Stressed!” she answered.
Yuya smirked. “When did you ever look good?” he asked sarcastically.
“Oy! I’m always beautiful.”
“Who told you that?” he asked.
“Your eyes when you stare at me,” she answered smiling seductively at him.
Yuya laughed in sarcasm. “Yeah, right. And when did I ever stare at you?”
“Everytime.”
Cayne stood up and slumped herself on his lap. She put one hand on his long brownish hair while the other roamed his shoulder. He smiled at her and held her waist.
“You lost some weight,” he commented. “You’ve become so thin.”
Cayne nodded and nuzzled in his hair while he gave her a peck on the neck.
“I missed you,” Cayne told him.
“I missed you, too.” He said letting his hand roam at her back. “You should eat more.”
“Hai!”
Yuya pushed her away. “I’m starving.” He commented. “Let’s eat before I think of eating you.”
Cayne stood up laughing at him. She put her hair in a ponytail. “If I eat you, will I gain weight?” she asked.
“No, you’ll lose more, so let’s go before you think of eating me and loose more weight.”
Cayne laughed at him. “Shut up!” she screamed at him. “I’ll just grab my bag in my office.” She said walking away.
Before she was able to go to the door adjoining the conference room and her office, Yuya pulled her and grabbed her waist.
He pulled her tightly to him feeling all her contours. He moved her head up so he could kiss her full in the lips. Cayne responded eagerly. She put her arms beyond his neck and tilted his head towards her.
They were grasping for air when they let go of each other. Yuya moved Cayne towards her office. “Go ahead.” He said shoving her to the door.
Yuya took out his phone and made a phone call. “Anything new?” he asked.
“Not yet but I heard Yuki will be going under cover and Yuri will be investigating the other incidences.”
“Okei, call me if there is a new lead,” he commanded.
Cayne went out. Yuya smiled at her and took her hand. “Can you ride the bike?” he asked looking at her short skirt.
“Of course.” She answered.
He smiled and gave her a smack on the lips.

Yuri requested this meeting. He sat on his office chair. A boy with a long black hair tied at the back with a loose rubber sat in front of him. The kid was a second year junior high student, about 14 year old though he looked older than Yuri.
Yuri smiled at the boy.
The boy stared at him. “What do you want?” he asked.
“I’ll just ask some questions and you answer it.”
The boy didn’t say anything.
“First question, why did you steal from that shop?” Yuri asked.
“What’s it to you?” the kid ask.
Yuri smiled. “Just answer the question.” He commanded.
“I didn’t steal anything.”
Yuri smiled more but leaned over. He took hold of the kid’s collar and pulled him. “Don’t make me look stupid. I saw the video tape and you already confessed with the police so just answer the question.” Yuri hissed.
The kid was taken aback by the swiftness of Yuri’s action.
When Yuri was sure that the kid had totally realized the situation, he let go of the kid’s collar and fixed it up. Yuri sat properly and waited for the answer.
“I joined this club. It’s just like a fraternity and as a new member, the consequence is to steal a certain kind of wrist watch so I stole one.” The kid confessed.
“What is the name of the fraternity?” Yuri asked.
“Benpatsu.” The kid answered.
Yuri laughed at the name. “Benpatsu? Pigtail?” he asked.
The kid nodded.
“What does this gang do exactly? Tie up their hair in pigtail?” Yuri asked sarcastically.
“We do tie up our hair.” The kid answered which made Yuri laugh harder.
The kid look at him in embarrassment.
“What else?” he asked.
“We fought other gangs.”
Yuri nodded.
“Who are your leaders?” he asked.
“I only know them by codenames, Kuketsu and Denebola.”
Yuri nodded. “Have you ever met them?” he asked.
The kid shook his head.
Yuri nodded. “You may go now and let me just remind you that long hair is not allowed in school. I am advising you to cut that before the discipline master go after you.”
The kid held his hair as if afraid to let it go and walked towards the door.
“That was the last one,” Ryutaro said slumping on the couch beside Yuri’s table. He went in after the guy went out.
“Hai.” Yuri could feel the tiredness already.
Ryutaro looked at him as if waiting for information.
“Two of them did it because of the fraternity. They were both 2nd year junior high studs. One of them did it because he lost in a drinking bet and two of them because they lost in a chance game in an underground casino.”
“And they stole the same kind of watch?” Ryutaro asked.
“Hai.”
“Are you going to investigate the casino?”
“How did you know?” Yuri asked.
“As expected.” Ryutaro answered.
Yuri laughed at his best friend.
“I guess, I’ll do the fraternity.” Ryutaro suggested.
“You’ll do that?” Yuri asked in surprise.
Ryutaro winked at him, “Just to spend up time.” He said.
Yuri laughed.
They heard a knock on the door. It opened and Kyoumi stepped in. She smiled weakly at them.
Yuri beamed. He missed her already. “What’s up?” he asked smiling eagerly at her.
“They told me, you haven’t eaten since lunch.” She answered.
“Yes, he haven’t so feed him well.” Ryutaro answered. He stood up and walked out the door. He was already out but he came back. “Forgot to lock the door.” He said and winked at Yuri. He pushed the lock before pulling the door after him.
Kyoumi put a tray of food in front of Yuri. She then put away his things and papers. She cleaned his table of the mess.
Yuri watched her doing that. “I feel like I have a wife taking care of me.” He commented.
Kyoumi looked at him and smiled then she continued on cleaning the table.
Yuri looked at her. She was not her usual self. “Daijobou, Mimi?” he asked calling her in his endearment for her.
He doesn’t usually call her that, only those times which he felt like being sweet towards her.
Kyoumi smiled at him, “Hai, daijobou desu. Go ahead, you should eat that.” She said pointing at the food in front of him.
Yuri smiled. “Not after you kiss me,” he said.
Kyoumi smiled and leaned towards him. She gave him a quick kiss on the lips.
“Arigatou. Itadaikimasu.” He said and dug on his food. He took a piece of gyoza and munched it eagerly.
Kyoumi watched him and smiled though she could still feel the burden in her heart. She was afraid to lose him because of her own stupid heart.
Kyoumi stood beside him.
“Nande?” Yuri asked while drinking some lemon juice.
Kyoumi leaned down and hugged him tight. Yuri despite the shock of her actions hugged her back.
Kyoumi pulled him up and kissed him eagerly on the lips. She brought him to the couch. Yuri responded eagerly. He slumped himself down and kissed her fully. He hugged her tight. Kyoumi tugged on his jacket and pulled it off.
Yuri did the same on her vest. Yuri shoved her gently on the couch so that her back was on it. He kissed her on the cheek then moved on her ears. He found her delicate spot and kissed it until she moaned out loud.
Kyoumi’s hand moved on the tie of his uniform and pulled it out then to the buttons of his polo.
Yuri let his lips move from her ears to her neck. He inhaled her.
Kyoumi’s hands found his belly and let it rest there feeling the muscles of his stomach. Kyoumi air when he opened her blouse and kissed the side of her stomach.
She moaned when his hand found her thigh and it. Anticipation was eating her up.
He looked at her face, she had her eyes shut. Yuri pulled himself up and tasted the valley between her s. She moaned gently. He matched it when Kyoumi found the band of his pants and opened his button.
He sipped at her neck and let one hand rest on her . Wave and wave of sensation swelled up in her.
Kyoumi opened her eyes at the same moment and pushed him away. What came in to her? She felt really stupid and embarrassed that she enticed Yuri.
They were both in shock. Yuri was sprawled on the floor while she was seated at the couch.
Kyoumi fixed her blouse. Yuri on the other hand buttoned his polo and pants.
They didn’t talk to each other for a while.
“Gomenasai,” Yuri said after he fixed himself up.
“It was entirely my fault.” Kyoumi said.
“Iie. I want that, too so it is half my fault.” Yuri smiled at her. He walked towards Kyoumi who was looking at her feet.
He took her face and tilted it up so she could look at him.
Kyoumi was red all over the face. She knew that, since she could feel the small tingling sensation in her face.
Yuri kissed her softly. “Let’s go. I’ll walk you home.” He said.
Kyoumi smiled at him and at herself. She would willingly give herself to Yuri but not today, maybe, soon but not today.

Kyoumi and Yuri were laughing while they walked towards the garden where their friends regularly stay. They had an unspoken agreement that they would not speak of what happened in the SG room.
“Ohayou.” Yuri greeted them.
A guy stood up.
Kyoumi was frozen on the spot.
What was Nakayama Yuma doing there?
Yuma smiled at Kyoumi.
“Ah, Yuma-nii-chan, what are you doing here?” Kyoumi asked.
“I see a lot of coincidences today.” Yuma started. “My friend Kento knew your friend Yuki who was ex-girlfriend of my friend Ryo. And you are also friends with Aoi here whom I met yesterday. Isn’t that great?”
Kyoumi nodded and sat beside Yuri who was already seated beside Miharu who wasn’t paying attention to anybody.
“Aren’t we going home?” she whispered to Yuri.
“Let’s just wait for them,” he whispered back.
Kento and Yuki were busy fighting over a piece of takuyaki.
Yuri stared at his twin. She was laughing and beaming at Kento. He looked at Kyoumi who was also staring at the two. She looked back at him. Sadness was visible in her eyes. Yuri took her hand under the table. He squeezed it. She squeezed it back.
Kyoumi hated the idea of staying. Kento and Yuma were there. What do these people wanted from them? Why were they always around? She stole a glance at Yuma, he was busy talking to Aoi. She sighed in relief. She looked at Yuri who had already opened his notebook computer. She hugged him on the waist and put her chin on his shoulder.
“Let’s see who added me today.” He told her.
“Eh, they are always girls.” She commented.
“Of course, he is quite popular so if I were you, I’ll put a tag on him that says, ‘Property of Yamada Kyoumi’ if you don’t want him taken away.” Miharu commented.
“Did you do that to Keito?” Kyoumi asked.
“I am still counting days but I really would.” Miharu said looking at them. “That guy doesn’t have any idea that girls were drooling on him.”
“He knows, of course. He just pretends not to care.” Yuri told Miharu.
“Eh!” Miharu exclaimed.
“Be afraid if he started to care.” Yuri said.
Miharu put her chin on her hands.
“You’re just too loyal.” Aoi commented. “Sometimes, you have to open up your wings and explore.”
Miharu and the rest looked at Aoi. “Nani?” she asked.
“Where did you get that phrase from?” Yuki asked.
Aoi shrugged and just smiled at Yuma.