THE RACE

Under the Table (COMPLETED)
Yuki put her foot on the ignition and shifted gears. She looked at the left front mirror. More and more sports cars were arriving at racing area. She looked for a good parking spot, smiled when she saw someone familiar standing in an empty spot.
She swerved from the path and turned the wheel towards the man. She ed her foot on the brakes and skidded directly to the man who stared at the car and never flinched.
She went out of the car and smiled at him. “Did you find anything?” she whispered.
The man smiled. “The flock is coming.” He told her.
She nodded her head to him. “As expected of you, nii-chan.” She commented.
“How about you?” he asked.
She smiled and pointed at the car. They both stepped in and closed the door. “Houmouya gang,” she started. “Some underground youngsters who has nothing better to do with their money. I heard that most of them are actually rich. They can buy as many sports cars as they like. They go on with their need for speed.” She looked at her brother who nodded.
“And I found something more,” she told him. “They are connected to a large organization who are, as I heard had something to do with swindling, underage ion, drug trafficking and other things.”
Yuya stared at her sister, “who is your informant?” he asked.
“Ahm, some stupid kid who sprouts a lot when drank. A part of Houmouya gang. He is quite cute though.” She said.
“Don’t ever let Ryosuke hear that. That kid can be very possessive.”
“Ahe!” Yuki smiled at blushed upon hearing the name. She made a silly smile while thinking of Ryosuke’s handsome face.
It was already a year since they started going out. The guy wanted her to stop being a private detective so her transactions are usually a secret. Her assignments were usually the easy ones since she didn’t want him to have any idea of what she was doing.
She felt a finger being poked on her cheek. She looked at Yuya. Her brother was looking at her in a weird way while twitching his thick manly eyebrows.
“You look really stupid whenever you day dream about him.” He commented at her.
Yuki smiled lovingly at him. She was feeling silly herself. “I am in love, onii-chan.” She said.
Yuya laughed at her and shook his head.
It was then when a black sports car went passing them. They looked at side mirrors. The car stopped in the middle of the road. Four young men and a girl wearing skimpy shirt and black mini skirt on Yuki’s age went out of the car.
Yuya nodded to her. He went out.
One of the guys went inside the sports car while the others went on the sides. The other cars that were already there went beside the black one. It included Yuki’s. She smiled at herself and counted…
“One…”
“Two…”
“Three…”
“Four…”
“Five…”
She heard police sirens on the side. “Bingo!” she exclaimed and smiled. She saw the other three guys and the girl looked around. The other drag racers drove their separate ways. The three guys and the girl hopped in the black sports car.
She saw the car sped ahead. Two police car went after it but the sports car was way too fast.
Yuki sighed, “Ahhh… you are so slow,” she complained. She pulled on the gear and pushed on the ignition. She charged after the black sports car.
She looked behind her, more police cars were chasing. She looked at her either sides. Sirens are everywhere. She shook her head and sped ahead of them. “Too slow!” she exclaimed.
A motorbike sped beside her. She looked out her window and saw her brother Yuya smiled at her. She smiled back and drove ahead. Her goal was already clear.
She was nearing the black car. She saw the passengers panicking. They might have felt that she was after them. The driver challenged her. He skidded roughly on a swerve. She followed suit and smiled. He wasn’t the only one who knew that trick. He drove onto a small street, she followed. The sirens were getting farther from them. The black sports car and she are probably kilometers ahead of the police. “Never let the big guys do a kid’s job,” she told herself.
She looked on her side mirror. Her brother was still there. He was fast on the two wheels.
She was happy that she was not alone though.
She pushed on the ignition again. Now, she was nearer the sports car. She could already see the driver. It wasn’t tinted so she could see inside. Her eyebrows went up, “Ah, the drunken cutie,” she exclaimed. Her unwilling informant was the driver. Nice!
The driver looked at her. Recognition hit his face. She even waved and smiled at him. Anger flashed on his face. He sped ahead.
“Ah!” Yuki groaned in frustration, they were getting into a bridge. She looked at her side mirror watching for her brother. He wasn’t there. She gritted her teeth but then focused ahead.
She was again side by side to the car. She looked ahead at the bridge. A huge delivery truck was coming her way. She maneuvered the wheel so that her car would go to her proper lane. The sports car on the other hand over passed other vehicles.
One van almost lost control and went to the side. She overtook it and watched at her side mirror as the van stopped on the side. She was sure that the driver went out and cursed them.
She sped ahead. The driver saw her on his track. She was surprised at what he did. He shifted his gear and slowed down. She was taken by surprise as he maneuvered the car towards her. It was too late for her to step on the brakes. She tried to get away from him but she lost control.
He was charging on her, she skidded towards the other side but another car was speeding towards her. She looked at it and tried to get away. The black sports car driver saw it as a chance. It sped towards her and bumped her to the side. The car went out of control because of the impact.
She was pushed to the railing.
And then she was inside her car falling towards the water.
Ryosuke’s face was the last thing she saw on her mind.