Chapter 6

Just a Glance Was All It Took

 

I am the stupidest person alive.

Minho laid, well sprawled out on his old leather couch once more in one of his “zones” that nothing in the world could break him out of. He had been in this position for what seemed like hours, thinking it over and over again.

For a moment, just a moment, I was in the very presence of the single most important person to me. And you know what I did? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Hell, he even TALKED to me for god sakes and I didn’t say anything. I never got a phone number, email anything…..

Except his name.

Taemin.

He smiled to himself. Just thinking about the name made him want to giggle. He even said it out loud just to feel it roll off his tongue just one more time. Then another, and another till’ he lifted himself off the couch and resumed the routine of taking pills before heading off to bed.

When he threw himself on the bed, he stared up at the ceiling with a stupidly wide grin on his face, with only thoughts of Taemin clogging his mind. But, his smile almost faltered when he thought of the next time he will see him again, and he had no idea. It quickly returned when he remembered that Jonghyun knew him and couple introduce them properly.

I never thought I’d say this, but thank you Jonghyun hyung….

oOo

Minho dragged himself down the busy street headed towards the vintage sign advertising the coffee shop he worked at, barely alive. He hated morning more than anything. Even more than annoying aegyo. When he pushed the old door open with the extra force necessary, a bell rang through the shop like, well, like a bell. Looking around the empty and dark shop, he smiled to himself. When he the lights, his morning mood had disappeared.

He scanned his eyes over the space, wall still the same yellowish tint as they had been ever since he could remember coming in the shop as a small child when his parents would buy him treats. Even the dusty wall hangings and worn in chairs. The entire shop looked like something out of a travel magazine, with its vintage theme and just overall welcoming appearance. The smell in the small space was entrancing, even though he hated mornings, he adored the fresh smell of coffee.

As the day went on, Minho had a permanent smile plastered on his face. He loved his job, to say it bluntly. The smells, the noise, the people that were always kind in this area of town, everything just always put him in a good mood. But with Taemin in the back of his mind, it only ensured the grin was nowhere near from gone.

I wonder where he is right now…

“WATCH IT,” his co-worker Sehun yelled at him with an un-mused expression.

Minho snapped out of his trance and looked up, seeing the mess. An entire pot of coffee had been shattered on the floor, sending glass flying in all directions and coffee running into all of the cracks in the vintage floor tiles.

Minho quickly jumped to grab a towel and dropped down to stop the dark liquid before it ran too far. If stares literally burnt holes in him from every pair of eyes on him in the shop, he really would live up to the “flaming charisma” nickname his friends all gave him.

“You’ve been weird all day, what’s going on?” Sehun asks once the mess is cleaned and the customers stopped staring.

“I don’t know….I guess I’ve just been really dis-“ Minho was suddenly cut off by his phone alerting him of a new messages, rather loudly. His eyes flew to his front pocket, where his phone was located and then back up at Sehun, who was already rolling his eyes and walking away. He ripped his phone out of his pocket, mostly out of embarrassment and saw the newest message:

1 new message:

From: Dino-boy

Heads up.

Minho looked up, half expecting his strange friend to be looking from behind a newspaper or casually walking past the coffee shop but saw nothing out of the ordinary. He simply shrugged, threw his phone back in his pocket and ran the water over his coffee covered hands. He heard the oh-so familiar ding from the bell on top of the door and quickly dried his hands. As soon as he turned around he realized what his text had meant.

The same red hair, same green striped shirt and same headphones, only this time he was lowering them to sit on his collar.

Minho, much like before, was awestruck. He simply stood behind the counter and stared at the boy, only this time, the boy returned the stare. This continued on for about thirty seconds.

“Uh…hi?” Taemin said, fidgeting under Minho’s intense stare, feeling a tad awkward.

Minho almost literally slapped himself for staring too long.

“Uh hi um, welcome to uh, this coffee place. Can I, uh get you something?” He literally had to hold onto his arm to stop himself from smacking his forehead in embarrassment.

Just how stupid can I sound in one sentence?

“I guess I’ll have…” Taemin’s eyes stared up at the chalk menu above Mihno’s head and Mihno decided to stare at him while he could. He was even more perfect up close. His time to look didn’t last long when Taemin finally lowered his head and spoke.

“What?” Minho asked, completely oblivious.

The boy chuckled. “I said I’ll have the Café Mocha please.”

“Y-Yeah no problem,” Minho said quickly, spinning around to grab the pot that hadn’t been dropped and began to make his drink. He felt his pocket ring one more time, making him jump and nearly spill the liquid all over again. He put the pot down safely and whipped out his phone, not wanting to get caught again.

1 New message

From: Dino-boy

You’re welcome.

He looked around the shop once more and finally caught sight of his dorky friend, waving at him through the glass then giving him thumbs up. Minho rolled his eyes and went back to pouring the drink. He looked back up at his friend who was still in the window, who signaled with his hands for him to go talk to Taemin, who was currently sliding his coins round on the counter cutely. He quickly finished up with his work and spun and placed the cup in front of Taemin, giving him a shy smile.

After counting the change, which was exact, he looked up at Taemin, who was now staring at Mihno. He quickly turned his head and pretended to be looking at something else, with a light blush threatening to spread over his cheeks.

“So…when’s your next break?” 

-------------------------------------------

......I'm sorry. 

*hands out rotten tomatoes*

Feel free to throw things at me, it has been WAAAAY too long since I've updated. I really have no excuse, I'm not even gonna try and blame the website situation. Things are distracting.... I'm sorry Dx 

But guess what arrived in my mail today? GLORY. THAT'S WHAT. Kekeke I ordered the Japanese Verison of Juliette and it finally came in the mail alongside some Key styled earrings which I will surely wear everyday. It is such a nice photoshoot and Kiss Kiss Kiss and the music video on the dvd and omg I just cant ;; 

I forgot to respond to comments the last few times :$ sorry 

@Tae-myeverything Thanks for commenting xD they always make me laugh when I see them ^^ 

@viapeto yeah as you can see he kinda regrets not introducing himself LOL but thanks for commenting and staying tuned :)

@ mangamagnetic Thank you :D sorry for not updating for a while :$

@shiningangelmel And they meet again ;) ahah thanks for commenting :DD 

 

I don't even deserve beautiful comments after being such a crappy updater but they still make me happy :) So please try and do that, even you silent readers! 

I have to thank my friend shinee1515 for giving me ideas for this and being awesome and such  xD she's writing some 2min over there on her account so you might wanna go over and check it out ^^

O hai dere