Chapter 3

Just a Glance Was All It Took

They both sat silently on the bench, taking in what just happened. Usually, Minho was such a solid guy. He never let too many emotions slip and never said too many words. After a few more moments of awkward silence, it was finally broken by Jonghyun.

“So….what do you plan on doing?” he asked with genuine curiosity.

“That’s…that’s just it. I have no clue. I…” Minho felt a lump start to form in the back of his throat and tears spring to his eyes.

SERIOUSLY?! YOU’RE GOING TO CRY?! He scolded himself for letting his emotions out. Why do I care about him so much…? He looked up to see Jonghyun’s reaction to all this and it looks like what he thought it would. Shocked.

To Jonghyun, it seemed like the most amazing event. How one person could break down the walls of one of his toughest friends was un-real.

Minho hung his head. He felt ashamed, embarrassed even to expose all his distress to someone.

“I might not be that useful with advice, but I’m always here to talk. I’ll even help you to look for your ‘mystery boy,’” he said putting the words in quotations with his hands. Another one of his warm smiles sent a spike of hope and appreciation towards his friend through his heart.

“…Thanks.”

oOo

He spent hours sitting on his living room couch, staring blankly at his television. It was almost 12:00 am and he started considering sleeping pills again. His phone started ringing for about the eighth time and he did what he did each time it rang. He ignored it, still with a blank expression on his face wand his eyes fixated on the screen in front of him.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang and his head whipped towards the noise.

“I know you’re in there! Let me in!” a voice that Minho recognized as his friends called from outside the apartment.

After futile attempts at shoving on the door and banging, he must have given up after ten minutes. Minho heard fabric slide down his door and a soft thud followed when the fabric’s noise stopped. He was guessing it was Jonghyun slumping against his door. 

“…It’s open,” Minho said in monotone.

He fixed his gaze back on the T.V when he hears the click of the doorknob. The door cautiously opened revealing a sheepish Jonghyun.

“Hey…are you alright?” the shortest asked.

“Yep. Just peachy.”  He replied sharply, eyes still avoiding his guest.

“…You do realize that the television isn’t on, right?”

Minho gave him a sharp glare, and then reached for the remote, clicking on a buttons making a repeat of “Shut up Flower Boy Band” appear.

Jonghyun stood in the apartment awkwardly with Minho clearly avoiding the outside world. Un-amused by the act, he pulled on Minho’s arms forcing the boy into a standing position up off the couch, much like the scene the day before.

Minho groaned at the sudden action. This kid needs to cool it with the visits to the gym. Seriously, if his arms are big enough to pull me up, it’s a problem.

“Go get dressed, we’re going out,” Jonghyun said, pushing Minho down the hall, towards him room.

“But why~~” Minho whined.

“CAUSE YOU NEED TO GET OFF YOUR MOPEY AND OUT OF THE HOUSE TO HAVE SOME FUN!” Jonghyun yelled, slamming the door to Minho’s room, trapping him until he changes into something acceptable.  

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi again! So...I've been noticing how short my chapters are...I'm sorry D: I write these out on paper first so by the time i write three pages it only ends up being really small Dx 

I'm hoping that changes at some point, but for now, enjoy the short chapters :P

@Tae-myeverything : What if he does ;) ahah we'll wait and see :D

@viapeto : Same here xD I think it would be adorable. 

@shineeXexo : Thank you :D and it's my username for alot of stuff....:P

 

I also have a bunch of gif's with no situation I could ever use them so....hopefully this gif will convince you to comment and subscribe :D COMMENTS ARE BEAUTIFUL. AND SO ARE SUBSCRIBERS.