There's a reason...

An Autumn's Duet

(EunMi’s POV)

I came home finding Donghae flat on the couch like a pig. “EunMi! You’re home!” He said excitedly and ran towards me. “Since when did I adopt a pet?” I laughed. It was funny to see him stress over food. I made him a simple meal and he started digging like a pig. “Slow down you fat pig!”. He glared at me and continued his food.

“Did you have fun?” He asked while bringing the dishes to the sink.  “mm… it was alright…” of course that wasn’t the truth, I had a lot of fun but in front of Donghae I have to just pretend to act like it’s nothing since he hates Hongki.

After a few hours of watching TV, I asked Donghae to look after MiYoung while I go for a short walk. “Careful, if anything happens, call me as soon as possible” He warned before I close the door.

The wind was strong, even though I had an extra jumper on, I was still a bit cold. I sat down on a swing at a nearby park and started swinging backwards and forwards. It has become a habit of mine, whenever I want to clear my mind I would go to a park and start thinking things through.

There was still a lot of question I wanted to ask but didn’t have the guts to. Bora’s going to come back right? Do they still have feelings for her?

I was dazed and I didn’t even realize a person was in front of me. “What are you thinking about?” The voice asked. I looked up to see who it was and I was surprised to find Kyuhyun in front of me.

“Um… Uh… n-nothing” It wasn’t nothing, I just didn’t want to bother him. “You know you don’t have to avoid me, I know what the two guys told you” he was so clam when he said that, I couldn’t read his expression. “They told you about Bora didn’t they?”  He asked. I nodded, still trying to figure out his expression.

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m not that kind of person. There is a reason behind it, they just don’t know” He explained, with a glint of sadness in his eyes. It was really my first time seeing him like this. “Really? Do you mind telling me the reason?” I asked. I didn’t know if he was lying but for now I trust him. “I’ll tell you when it’s the right time…” Like that he stood up and left, leaving me confused.

When I got back home, both Donghae and MiYoung were asleep. I quietly walked into my room and lied on my bed. Not to sleep but to re-think. From all the confusion, I almost forgot my goal. It was my birthday soon and I really want to celebrate it with my mum.

I’m not religious but I prayed, I prayed for my mum to appear. I missed her…


Short update! It's been a while sorry...