The story behind the hatred

An Autumn's Duet

(EunMi’s POV)

Donghae and Hongki seemed to not hate each other as much now, it’s like a miracle. It was finally home time. Donghae insisted to follow Hongki and me to the modelling studio, but Hongki said he’d ‘watch over me to make sure I don’t get too close to Kyuhyun’, I couldn’t believe Donghae trusted him.

We arrived at the studio and spotted Kyuhyun standing in front of the doorway. He waved at me with a big smile on his face, I waved back but Hongki suddenly pulled my hands down, making me not able to wave anymore, and I think that was his intention. We walked passed Kyuhyun, I mouthed ‘sorry’ to him since Hongki was pulling me away really fast and I didn’t know what to do. “Hongki Oppa! Let me go…” I pulled his hands away from my wrist since it was starting to hurt. “Sorry…” he apologised. While Kyuhyun hasn’t arrived inside yet, I took the chance to ask Hongki. “Why do you guys hate Kyuhyun so much?” I asked him. “I don’t even know if I should tell you this but I think it’s better if you knew”.

“Did you know Donghae, Kyuhyun and I used to be best friends?” he asked. I looked at him with a blank face. “I guess Donghae didn’t tell you, it wasn’t just Donghae, Kyuhyun and I who were best friends, there was also a girl named Yoon Bora” He explained, I listened carefully to every word he was explaining. “You remind me of her, carefree, full of curiosity and cute” he said, I blushed when he said I was cute. “All the three of us had a crush on her, but Kyuhyun seemed to like her the most, so we decided to help him ask her out” he continued. “Bora said yes and turned out she liked him a lot too. They started dating and the whole school knew about it. Not even a month later, he suddenly said he wants to break up, and said all these horrible things to her, I think that’s one of the reasons why she left our school…” he finished the story, it felt like it was from a drama or something. I never thought Kyuhyun was like that.

A few minutes after the story, Kyuhyun finally arrived. I went to get my make-up done and came out prepared. “You look so pretty!” Kyuhyun complimented. I blushed and walked away like Hongki and Donghae told me to. “A little closer!” the director instructed. Kyuhyun put his arms around my shoulders and I could feel my face glowing bright red. After the photo-shoot finished I immediately ran back to where Hongki was but Kyuhyun followed after. “Are you guys dating?” Kyuhyun asked. “No! Of course not!” I blushed really hard this time, my face started to burn. “I’m not like you, Cho Kyuhyun!” Hongki’s face suddenly became all serious and Kyuhyun ignored it by facing my way. “Do you want me to drive you home?” Kyuhyun asked. Hongki looked my way like he was waiting for me to say no. I decided, if Kyuhyun is not going to drive me home, Hongki will. “No, it’s fine… Hongki said he will” I looked over at Hongki. “Is that right?” I asked him. He had a pissed expression on but he still managed to nod.

We walked to where our car was parked. “By the way, even if you guys didn’t like Kyuhyun, you didn’t have to hate each other as well…” I said when I got into the car. “It’s not like that…” he argued back. “Then, what happened?” I asked. “You are really nosy, aren’t you?” I nodded. “After Kyuhyun became an enemy and Bora left, we were both in a really bad mood, we began to have fights every day and at one stage, stopped talking to each other” He explained and at the same time started to drive. “Donghae finally couldn’t take it anymore and started calling me arrogant, spoiled and things like that, I think that’s where my nickname, ‘arrogant guy’ came from” he continued. When I think about it, except for the time he knocked over my books and didn’t apologise, he’s not really that arrogant…


Hi another update! Please tell me if I have any typos in the previous chapters or this one and I'll fix it^^ , and don't forget to subscribe and/ or comment, thanx^^