Thank you for being here...

An Autumn's Duet

(EunMi’s POV)

My sister and I have arrived at Seoul. The air here was fresh, but the pressure inside me was still there. I was holding onto my sister’s hand really tight, afraid to lose her. The thing I should’ve thought of first was where I was going to live when I have arrived to Seoul. I have spent all my money and we most likely have to wander around the streets for a few nights. We walked to the park together and sat down on a bench. I hugged my sister as tight as possible. There weren’t many luggages but I still didn’t know what to do with it. At least this is better than being abused by your own father. I tried to stay awake but my eyes wouldn’t keep opened.

As I was off to dreamland, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I immediately woke up. “EunMi! Wake up!” I looked up to see who the person was and my smile lit up. He was my childhood friend, Lee Donghae, he moved to Seoul when I was about 13. “D-Donghae oppa!” I said in a shivering voice, trying to avoid the coldness at the park. “What are you doing here?” He asked. “Where else would I be?”.

I told him the whole story. “Come stay at my house if you don’t mind” he invited.

“I don’t have money to pay you though”

“You don’t need to pay me, stay there for as long as you like”

“But, I’ll be a bother to you”

“At least consider your sister…”

I looked at my 6 year old sister who was in my arms shivering while listening to our conversation. I nodded. “Thank you”.

He helped me carry my sister to his car and I hopped in as well. “Do you mind telling me what has happened and why you’re here without your parents?” He asked me worriedly. “To find my mum…” I answered. “Where’s your dad?” He asked again. “I don’t want to stay with him and I don’t want Miyoung to either. He stopped asking me and he started driving. “Why were you at the airport?” I asked this time. “I finished work, I work as a business person at the building you were in front of before.” He answered.

It wasn’t long until we arrived at his apartment. “You can put your stuff down anywhere you want” He said. I put my mini luggages against the wall and helped myself. He made some hot chocolates for my sister and I, it was a long time since someone was so nice to us. “You live by yourself?” I asked curiously. “Yeah… I’ll sleep on the couch tonight since I only have one room, you and your sister can sleep in my room for now” he offered.

“Don’t worry, the couch is big enough for my sister and I to sleep on, you don’t have to move” I felt bad because I wasn’t even paying him for all this.

“No… just sleep in the room, listen to me once” He looked at me and it felt like he was instructing me. Those eyes were so warm and I missed them so much. I smiled at him, “Thanks”. He gently patted my hair like as if I have never listened to him except for this time. “I haven’t seen you in ages” he said. I finally felt somehow… relaxed. “I know, I can’t believe it either, we used to be best friends!” We talked and laughed together for the first time in so long, it was gaining back our friendship.


How did you like the first chapter? Other main characters are coming so please subscribe to the story! Comment as well! :D