Photo-shoot

An Autumn's Duet

(EunMi’s POV)

I walked to the cafeteria with Donghae. “Do you want to try out for the part-time job?” he asked. “Of course it’d be great if I get the job, but I most likely won’t… I’ll try out for it anyways” I said in an unconfident way. “You’ll get it for sure! But one thing I forgot to tell you… let me ask a question first… do you like Hongki?” He asked. I knew the answer already. “Of course not! He’s too arrogant!”

“He’s the son of the company’s boss that you’re going to model for, you’ll see him around every day, is that alright?” he asked worriedly.

“I’ll just avoid him, don’t worry, I’ll be fine”

*After school*

“Here’s the place” He pointed to the big modern building in front of me. He walked in with me to keep me accompanied and helped me with the paper-work. “It’s up to you now” he said encouraging me. A lady took me into a dressing room and gave me a dress.

 

 

It was a simple but pretty black dress. The lady told me it was a horror themed photo-shoot and helped me put my dress on. She put dark make-up on me and I think this is the first time I have ever put make-up on. She teased my hair and hair sprayed it into place. “Good luck for the job and also you’re lucky because you get a special partner today!” She said excitedly. “Who is it?” I asked in curiosity. “The company’s master’s son, he’s only going to do it for today since the male model couldn’t make because he’s sick” She explained. It took me a while to figure out who the guy was, Lee Hongki. I rolled my eyes and ignored my complaining mind. I walked out of the room unconfidently and noticed that Donghae was waiting for me outside. He turned around to see me and he gave a really awkward expression. “Wow! You’re so pretty!” He complimented, I blushed a little and walked to the photo-shooting area.

I greeted everyone and I tried looking for Hongki. He finally showed up and I could tell he’s already got his make-up, hair and costume done since he looked like a vampire. He had a shirt with the top 3 buttons undone, black pants that were kind of ripped on the knee area, he had a really thick layer of eyeliner on, cherry red lip-stick, really pale foundation on and very messy hair. I kept on staring at him for some reason and couldn’t take my eyes off him. Donghae came over and swung his hand left to right to get my attention. “Is he really that attractive to you?” He asked me teasingly. “No! No way! He looks evil like usual!” I ignored him feeling embarrassed and he laughed at me. “Anyways, good luck for the photo-shoot, I got to go to work” He waved his goodbye and left.

Hongki started walking up to me and as he got closer my heart would beat faster. He walked passed me and sat on the chair that he was instructed to sit. I hit my head to get my focus back to the photo-shoot and I sat where the director instructed me to sit. “Ok! EunMi, put on an evil expression and also, sit closer to Hongki” the director instructed. I moved my wooden chair closer to him and at last he finally greeted me. “Hi” he said and nothing else after. “Hi”.

“Ok! Break time!” He said and people started fading away to get their own lunch. I stood up and was about to walk away but a voice stopped me. “Um… EunMi…” I turned around to listen to what he was going to say. “Yes?”. “Sorry about this morning when I accidently knocked your books over, I wasn’t in the best mood with all the people following me.” He apologised. “That’s ok, I forgot about it” I was going to turn around but he stopped me again. “Can we be friends?” He asked. “Sure…” I couldn’t believe it! He was supposed to be my enemy! “Not that I wanted to be friends with you… it’s just so it wouldn’t be awkward for the photo-shoot…” He continued, I knew it! I thought he was nice for a moment there, but after all he wasn’t.

The photo-shoot continued after the break but this time it went a little better than last time, it was more fun cause we started talking to each other. We even exchanged phone numbers! Donghae’s going to be so surprised when I tell him this!

When I got back home, I started to hesitate if I should call him or not. Donghae wasn’t home yet so it wouldn’t be awkward, my sister doesn’t even care, so should I ring him?

 


Another update today! I'm so bored!!! There was a mini earthquake in Aus yesterday:(