chapter 2

Because you're my love!

This year, the Grand Party will be held at the resort hotel of the beach. Haneul and her family went to their respective rooms at the hotel and prepared for the party.

Haneul looked at herself in the mirror after being prepared makeup and hair.

"I don't wanna go there." She said as soon as she thought of Chunji.

"Wae??" Her mom said.

"Nothing omma. When will we go??" She said.

"Next 10 minutes. So I'll wait you at the lobby." She said and went out of her room.

Haneul walked to the dress table and took the lyric book that she brought. She then sat on the bed.

"I wanna try playing with guitar." She said to herself and found her favourite one.

She then saw her favourite song, name 'love'.

"Hanah ah, have you taken your guitar with you??" She called to Hanah and asked.

"No, unnie. Am I a fool to carry guitar to a trip to beach for the Grand Party??" She said.

Haneul chuckled and said, "right. Sorry, Hanah ah. So see you later."

"He is really good at writing songs." She said and went down to go.

Haneul and her parents go into the ballroom which is also open to the lawn of the hotel. Her parents greet their business partners and sometimes, she also greets. When Hanah and Hoyoung come, she went to them.

"I'm so boring." Haneul said.

"Me too." Hanah and Hoyoung said in unison.

"Hi, ladies." Someone said and came beside them.

"Jonghyun oppa!" Haneul said.

"Anneyong, Haneul ah. Long time no see." He said.

"Wow! Oppa, you look cool with your black hair." She said.

"Your oppa is always cool." He said and they chuckled.

"Jonghyun oppa.., I'll give your coat tomorrow." Hoyoung said.

"It's ok. BTW, Hoyoung ah, you're the most beautiful here." He said and Hoyoung blushed.

"Oppa, I'm beautiful too." Hanah pouted.

"Haneul ah, come here for a while. I've someone to introduce to you." Haneul's omma said and she went to them.

She went to her father and there she saw her father is talking with a man and beside him is a lady who seems to be his wife.

"Aww. Haneul ah, come." Her father said.

"This is my daughter, Yoon Haneul." He said to them.

"Anneyonghaseyo." Haneul bowed to them.

"Aigoo. You're so pretty." The lady said.

She beamed, "komasamida."

"And this is our son." The man said and a young man appears from behind.

"Anneyonghaseyo, Lim Hyunsik imida." He said and bowed.

*Lim Hyunsik?? So....* Haneul shocked and looked at his face when he lifted his head.

"You...." He also shocked when he saw Haneul.

"Anneyonghaseyo, sunbae." Haneul bowed.

"You two already know??" Her mom said.

"Ne, omma. Sunbae is also from our school." She said.

"So it's great. Talk guys. We will go." They said.

Then they left two of them and went to another partners.

"You're my sunbae, right???" Haneul said to him.

"I'm second year student." Hyunsik said.

"I'm first year. I'm Yoon Haneul from modern music department." She said and held out her hand.

"I'm Lim Hyunsik from modern music." He said and shook her hand.

"BTW, sunbae, you wrongly took my book." Haneul said.

"Right. I wad rush and didn't know that. Sorry." He said.

"I'm sorry too. Coz I looked your book without your permission." She said.

"Songs are so good!!" She added.

"Komawo." He said.

@@@@@@@@@@

While they are talking, Hanah came to Haneul without knowing Hyunsik is there.

"Haneul unnie, oppa and Hoyoung unnie really forget me." Hanah pouted.

"Wae, Hanah ah??" She asks.

"They are talking happily and left me alone." Hanah and suddenly saw Hyunsik.

"Huh!! He is...." Hanah's eyes widened.

"Greet him. Lim Hyunsik sunbae." Haneul said.

"Sunbae, I really like your band. So cool!!" Hanah said happily.

"Thank you." Hyunsik said.

"Band?? What's it???" Haneul tiled her head and asked.

"Unnie, I have told you that our major has a band and all of the members are seniors. You remember???" Hanah said and Haneul nodded.

"Hyunsik sunbae is vocalist and guitarist of that band!! And every girl likes him." Hanah whispered the last part.

"Jinja??" Haneul said.

"So I won't disturb you two. Have a nice chat. Bye." Hanah said and left.

Haneul said, "I didn't know that you're so popular."

"I'm not that good." Hyunsik said.

Just then, Haneul saw Chunji talking with his friend.

Chunji also saw Haneul talking with Hyunsik and got shocked.

*mwoah?? Isn't that Hyunsik hyung and Haneul???* Chunji thought.

Then the light dimmed and the orchestra played the music softly.

"Shall we ..... dance??" Hyunsik smiled with his eye smile and held out his hand.

"Well, it'll be fun." Haneul said and took his hand.

Hyunsik leads her to the dance floor. He gently hold her hand and put his another hand around her waist.

"I think you won't be bad at dancing." Haneul said and stick her tongue out.

Hyunsik smiled at her action and said, "don't step on my shoes, miss."

He pulled her close and danced to the melody. Hyunsik gazes carefully at her. She seems a little different from the girl that he met in the library since she wore makeup, lip gloss and her hair is nicely done.

*Good decision to attend the party this year.* he thought and smiled.

Hyunsik always absent to attend the party since he is not interested. But this year, he wants to go to beach and so he came with his parents.

Chunji who keeps looking at two of them becomes uneasy. He can't think the reason of their knowing coz he knows everyone that Haneul knows.

*why do they dance so closely??* Chunji thought.

"Is it Lim Hyunsik???" One of his friends said.

"Of course he is." Chunji said.

"What is he doing here??? He hates to come party like this." He said.

"And he is with Yoon Haneul." Another one said.

"They look good together." He added.

Chunji becomes frustrated and thought, *why do I feel like this?? Bcoz of Hyunsik hyung or bcoz Haneul is with him??*

"Ugh!" Haneul sniffed.

Hyunsik looked at her and asked, "Wae??"

"My ankle." She said.

"Hurt??" He said and she nodded.

"Come, sit there." He said and held her hand leading out of the ballroom to the seaside lawn.

Haneul sat down at the branch and touched her ankles.

"Because of your heels???" Hyunsik said.

"Yes. I never wear this kind of heels before. I always wear other heels." Haneul said, looking at her shoes.

"I told my mom that I don't like these. They give me trouble." Haneul said, taking off her shoes and throwing them away.

Hyunsik looked at her sudden temper and knew how childish she is. He bursts into laughter.

"Why are you laughing, sunbae??" Haneul said.

"Kiyowo." He said and chuckled.

"Kiyowo?? Me??" Haneul said and he nodded.

"Pls stop laughing. My ankles are really hurt." She pouted.

"Mian. So go back to your room and take a rest. I'll tell your parents." He said.

Haneul said, "ne. Anneyong, sunbae."

"Anneyong, Haneul ah." Hyunsik said.

@@@@@@@@@@

Haneul slowly climbs the stairs and Chunji watches her from the top of the stairs.

"Why are you walking with bare feet??" He said.

Haneul looked at up and saw him.

"Mind your own business." She said.

"I saw you with a guy dancing. Who is he???" Chunji asks.

Haneul glared at him and said, "Yah! Shut up!!"

"I just wanna know." Chunji said.

Haneul quickly went but when she arrived to the top, she stepped on her dress which makes her slipped. Chunji quickly yanked her so Haneul falls onto him instead of falling down from the stairs.

"Sorry." Haneul said.

Chunji's arms were wrapping around her waist tightly and he stared at her eyes.

*what.is.wrong.with.me??* Chunji said to himself as soon as he thought Haneul is pretty.

"Yah. Let go of me now." Haneul said and he let go.

"Is your ankles hurt??" He asks.

"Kind of." She said and stood up.

"Arr!" She cried as she felt pain hardly on her left ankle.

"Are you okay??" Chunji said and helped her to get up.

Haneul said, "no. I think I can't walk."

Chunji looks at her and the turns around.

"Come on. I'll give you a piggy back ride." He said.

Haneul blinked in surprise and asked, "are you going to help .... me??? Your rival???"

"Yes!! Who could stay without doing anything in this situation??" He said.

"Thanks but...." She was afraid that if her parents see this, she'll be scolded.

"Quickly." Chunji said.

He carried her and went to the elevator.

"Which floor??" He asks.

"18." Haneul said.

When they arrived to her room, he put her down on her bed.

"Are you sure that you don't need to go to hospital??" He asked while putting ice to his handkerchief.

"Yes." She said.

"Here. Put that around your ankle." He said and gave her the ice bag.

"But this is yours. How can I put it onto my ankle??" Haneul said.

"It's ok." He said.

He then took the first aid kit and took her foot.

"What are you doing??" She said.

"To put pain killer. Don't worry. I won't do anything to you." Chunji said.

"Since I put pain killer, your ankle will be fine in the morning." He said.

"Komawayo." She said with low voice.

Chunji smiled and said, "what did you say?? I didn't hear."

"Komawayo." She said again.

"Mwo?? I didn't hear." He said and chuckled.

"Yah!!" Haneul shouted and messed his hair.

"What!!?" Chunji said and messed her hair as she did.

"Lee Chan Hee!!!" Haneul said and hit him with pillow.

"Sorry!! I just wanted to tease you." He said and they laughed.

"It feels good when we are laughing together like friends." Haneul said.

"Right. We should be friends instead of rivals." Chunji said and he looked at her.

She turned her head and met eyes with him.

*my heart beats fast.* Chunji thought.

"But.....we can't." Haneul said.

"Yes, we can't." Chunji said.

"Don't wear heels these days. Take care of yourself. I'm going." He said and went out.

@@@@@@@@@@

Next morning

Someone knocks the door of Haneul's room. She opened her eyes and looked at the table clock.

"Who is it in early morning??" She said to herself and went to open the door.

"Haneul ah, Anneyong." Haneul saw Hyunsik in front if the room.

"Hyunsik sunbae!" She said.

"Are you still sleeping??" He said and she nodded.

"Sorry. I just wanna ask you to see the sunrise. But It's ok if you're still sleeping." He said.

"Sunrise??? I wanna see." Haneul said.

She said, "sunbae, wait for me. I'll change and come out."

Then Haneul and Hyunsik went to the shore to see sunrise.

"How is your ankle??" He asks Haneul.

"Fine now." Haneul said.

"BTW, I have to give your book back." She said.

"Me too. I'll give you tomorrow coz I didn't take it." He said.

They came back after watching and Hyunsik took her to her room. Chunji, who was coming out from his room saw Hyunsik and Haneul talking since his room is also on 18th floor.

*what's with two of them??* Chunji thought and watched them from far.

"So see you at school, Hyunsik sunbae." Haneul said.

"Ok. Bye, Haneul ah." Hyunsik said and went to the elevator.

Chunji follows him and when they met, Chunji said, "the one who found new love must be you."

"Me??" Hyunsik said.

"Yea." Chunji said.

Hyunsik chuckled, "so what??"

"So how about Nana??" Chunji asks.

"Nana is your girlfriend." Hyunsik said.

"Do you love that girl???" Chunji said.

Hyunsik shook his head, "I can't tell you."

"You did that on purpose right?? You saw Haneul and I talking. And you thought that I like her. So you did her as a prey to take revenge, right??" Chunji said.

Hyunsik thought, *so Chunji likes Haneul???*

Then he remembered her and said, "no. I didn't know that she knows you."

"But thank you, Chunji ah. Because of you, I know who you like."

"No! I don't like her! She's my rival." Chunji said.

"Really?? So that's good. You won't disturb me this time." Hyunsik said.

Then he got out of the elevator.

"So how's with Jonghyun oppa??" Haneul asks Hoyoung when they meet for the lunch.

"Good. Jonghyun oppa is funny and friendly." Hoyoung said.

Hanah said, "no. We don't ask you that. We mean what is unnie and Jonghyun oppa."

Hoyoung frowned her eyebrows and said, "what are you asking?? We are friends."

"Nonsense." Hanah pouted.

"Wae??" Hoyoung said.

Haneul giggles, "Hanah is mad at you and Jonghyun oppa. She told me that you two had a nice chat last night at the party."

"Annyiya. We were talking about music and dance." Hoyoung argued.

"Yea. So continue your talk now coz he is coming to us." Hanah said and they saw Jr coming to them.

"Anneyong!" He said.

Then they had lunch together and chatted for a while. At night, Haneul packs her things to go back tomorrow morning.

"I have to give this to him." Haneul said to herself when she saw Chunji's handkerchief.

"What's this??" She looked at the corner of that.

'Chunji♡Nana'

Haneul thought, *who's Nana???*

"Lee Chan Hee has a girl??!!!" She shouted.

====================