Streetlight, Moonlight

Sleep Tight

I know I already finished this but I wrote this story recently and I thought it would fit well with Sleep Tight :) Enjoy~!


Yongguk hissed quietly as pushed the front door closed, holding the lock open as he slid the door into place and released it as slow as possible. It was heavy and he strained against the door’s reflex to shut quickly. When it was closed he stiffened, listening intently for any signs of life beyond his breathing but the house was quiet. He slowly and silently slipped off his sneakers and gently placed them by the umbrella stand that was never used for its true purpose. The house was dark, aside from the moonlight streaming through the front windows of the TV room, and not a single light allowed him to see his way clearly to the bedroom. He slipped the cool metal key into his pocket as he crept along the hall, checking it was clear before rounding each room until he got to the end.

A soft glow greeted Yongguk from the underside of the closed bedroom and he smiled to himself. He knew it was the shine of a hibernating laptop as it fluctuated across his sock-covered toes. When the door swung open from his light touch, his smile turned wide and gummy, noticing the figure on the bed. It wasn’t so dark in the bedroom with the laptop light fading in and out and the streetlight filtering through the curtained window on the left side. He made his way over to it, drawing back the fabric just a fraction to observe the night time world. He was always amazed at how different everything seemed to be with the rise of the moon. He put the curtain back in place and turned around, the slow breathing finally catching his attention with its drawn out tempo and natural tune.

He could hear the music in everything, his mind forming beats and songs from the sounds around him, but his favourite were the simple ones. Just one noise, or two, could form into a sweet rhythm with a little concentration and the way his breath mingled with hers created a symphony in his mind. He tiptoed a few steps and crouched beside the pillow. She faced him with her eyes closed and pink lips parted. Her hair was in a messy bun atop her head and he could already tell how ruined it was from her sleeping. He was used to this sight but it never failed to take his breath away for a few short moments. A loud grunt and a breathy snore made him jump as she turned a little to lie on her back. He chuckled quietly, holding his chest from the small fright he received.

He stood up and bent over her, smiling down and pressing his lips to hers. At first she moaned dreamily, sending a shiver through Yongguk’s body, until her eyes flashed open. He stood up quickly when her lips parted and her strong palms pushed on his chest.

“Yongguk!? You scared the out of me!” Her eyes were wide but they softened and both of them laughed off their shock.

“Sorry, I didn’t want to wake you up.” He gave her an ‘oops’ look and she scoffed. In a second her eyes changed and Yongguk found himself leaning over her again as she pulled on his neck, embracing his lips with hers in a feverish kiss. He climbed onto the bed, a leg either side of hers, curving his back into her to deepen the kiss. It was soft and sweet. She tasted minty when he traced with his tongue before slipping it inside. She moaned again, prompting him to break away for air. They panted and her minty breath filled his nose. He became slightly worried that his didn’t smell so good but she wasn’t deterred.

Yongguk groaned as he collapsed next to her onto his side, letting his limbs tangle together where she slipped her own arms into his. He’d almost forgotten he hadn’t change into his pyjamas yet but it didn’t matter, he was too tired and out of air to fix that. Yongguk glanced into her eyes, feeling an incredible warmth and love radiating from them. He pecked her lips again slowly, not really wanting to leave them alone for too long. When he pulled away her lids lingered over her dark orbs, keeping them from the fading light of the laptop that Yongguk decided to place on the floor rather than keep beside his stomach. He kissed her again, quickly this time, before kissing her longingly once more. She smiled with laboured blinks, finally letting them close and giving up on returning Yongguk’s gaze.

“Goodnight.” He whispered and she mouthed the word as it slipped from her as only a quiet breath. He kissed her forehead and closed his own eyes, letting himself drift off, gently squeezing her hand before he succumbed.