Pretty Bows and Pretty Boys

Sleep Tight

A sweet scent made my nose twitch. I hummed pleasantly and rolled over. The blankets were just warm enough, keeping me from the tender cold waiting to attack when I was ready to slip out of the covers. “Morning oppa.” My eyes fluttered open and a sudden panic hit me. He wasn’t lying beside me, nestled in the bed sheets like he should have been, he wasn’t in the bed at all; Yongguk wasn’t even in the room. I could hear faint footsteps in the hall and my heart calmed considerably. “Yongguk?!” No answer. I had a feeling that he was trying to lure me out as I recognised the smell that woke me up – pancakes.

It was one of the few days of the year that he was able to sleep in and I couldn’t fathom why he hadn’t taken the opportunity to do so. I sat up, hissing as the winter breeze hurled at me through the open window. It was stark and uncomfortable compared to the warm bed I was in but my curiosity was overpowering the need for heat. I toed the soft carpet and my feet curled when they hit the open air. I slid them into gentle slippers and crept to the door.

“Yongguk?” I was whispering to myself, anxiously anticipating what he was doing so early. I peeked around the door that he’d left ajar, glancing back at the clock that lit up with 5am. The hall was almost completely dark; the sun rose late in winter and the moon was hidden by dark morning clouds. A thin light filtered in from the kitchen and mingled with the wafting smell of breakfast. I was tempted to call out again but muffled rustling drifted into my ears again.

I tiptoed through the hall, baffled as to why I was creeping through my own house. When I got into the light I could see through the lounge room into the kitchen, but that’s not where Yongguk was. He was leaning against the foot of the couch with his head lulled back – fast asleep. I giggled at the red ribbon he’d tied around his shoulder, stretching across his stomach and looping back up from his waist. He was squishing the bow beneath him against the couch. It was strange to think he must have been awake for a while to not only have made breakfast but to have fallen asleep waiting for me.

I rubbed at my arms and inhaled the delicious scent once more. I snuck over and crouched beside him, smiling from the sheer cuteness of the sight before me. When I tapped Yongguk's cheek lightly, he jolted in front of me, smiling hugely when he caught sight of me. “Hey baby. Merry Christmas.” He held out his arms, presenting himself along with the other gifts that waited patiently under the eclectically decorated tree.

“Merry Christmas Yongguk.” I kissed the top of his nose and straddled him, pulling off the ribbon as I moved. He shifted to help me and placed his hands on my waist. I bent down and pressed my lips to his. It was chaste and sweet and it was a part of the most perfect present I’d ever received.